Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Promotion

Old
Promotion - Tue Apr 16, 2013, 01:17 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
I would like to participate the Bank Roll Builder promotion !

Old
Tue Apr 16, 2013, 02:55 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 16, 2013, 07:36 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Part I - Fri Apr 19, 2013, 10:46 AM
(#4)
Hi flophitter,

I`ve watched the GETTING STARTED vídeo and passed the Poker Basic course.

This is the hand I`ve played on a ring game table...do you think I was Lucky that the other player did not hit a flush when I had a gutshot straight draw?

Thanks for you attention,

Eric.

Old
Fri Apr 19, 2013, 01:14 PM
(#5)
Thanks for that, we'll have the hand analysis done shortly, then I'll give you your next steps

Old
Sun Apr 21, 2013, 10:29 AM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Eric!

QT is a marginal hand that has a low expectation at the best of times, and it plays especially badly out of position. In real money games, the only time I'll play this hand is when I'm in late position trying to steal the blinds. You're in the SB here (the worst position) so a fold would normally be the best option, but there are so many players in the pot that you have great pot odds to call and see if you can make a big hand. In a multiway pot, the winning hand tends to be very strong; at least top two pairs, but often a straight, flush or full house. You don't want to put much money in the pot if all you flop is one pair.

So you call and see a 985 flop 7-handed. This is quite a wet flop, with both flush and straight draws. If a villain has 76, then he already has a straight. You just have a gutshot and two overcards, which is not a strong draw. I don't really like leading out here. I'd wait and see if someone else makes a bet. If it's a large bet and there aren't many calls, you won't have the odds to chase your weak draw. By leading out, you become vulnerable to a raise, and you don't want to put money in the pot and then fold.
Your small bet gets called in several places (no one's going to fold for 10 chips if they have a piece of this flop) and villain_1 makes a hefty raise that is larger than the size of the pot. He's almost never bluffing here. He's trying to get value for a strong hand, which is likely to be at least two pairs, but possibly a set of trips or a flopped straight. You simply cannot call this bet profitably. Your only outs are the 4 jacks in the deck, but even one of those would make a flush possible, so might not be good. 4 outs translates as an 8% chance of hitting on the next card, so you could only call if the price is 8% of the pot. But you've got to call 200 chips into a pot that will be 530. 200/530 = 38%. It's a BIG mistake to contribute 38% of the pot if you've only got an 8% chance of winning it.
Generally speaking, you should never call even a half pot bet with just a gutshot. When a villain has overbet the pot, it's a very easy fold.
You actually make the call and hit one of your 4 outs. Great! You now have the nuts. There are two flush draws so you could still lose this hand, and if villain has a set, then you don't want the board to pair, because he'll make a boat or quads. My play here would be to check to the last raiser, and then come over the top with a big raise to price him out of drawing. This is eactly what you did. Villain made an almost pot-sized bet and you check-raised all in (CRAI). Nice one.
It turns out that villain had flopped the straight and turned a flush draw to go with it. Hitting your gutshot was a bad beat for this villain. When he made his big bet on the flop, you made a mistake in calling it, but sucked out, and then you dodged 9 outs that could have allowed villain to improve again on the river.
You won't get this lucky very often. Gutshots are such weak draws that they are hardly worth thinking about. Most of the time, you should be folding at the first opportunity when all you have is 4 outs.

A mod will get you on to the real money games soon.
Good luck!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 21, 2013, 11:31 AM
(#7)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Part II - Tue Apr 23, 2013, 12:18 AM
(#8)
Hey flophitter,

Here is a hand replayer I think you might like it....The way I see it, I did everything according to the books and I was glad to see the ace high flush after the river:

I´ve also passed the cash game quiz (74%), so close !!

Now, the 3 reasons why someone would make a big bet are:

1- To put a lot of pressure on opponents
2- to gain value from very strong hands
3- To bluff people off decent hands

Hope to hear from you soon,

Eric.

Old
Tue Apr 23, 2013, 06:35 AM
(#9)
Great thanks for posting the hand Eric, we'll provide the analysis here soon followed by your next steps

Old
Tue Apr 23, 2013, 03:39 PM
(#10)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Colt View Post
Hey flophitter,

Here is a hand replayer I think you might like it....The way I see it, I did everything according to the books and I was glad to see the ace high flush after the river:

I´ve also passed the cash game quiz (74%), so close !!

Now, the 3 reasons why someone would make a big bet are:

1- To put a lot of pressure on opponents
2- to gain value from very strong hands
3- To bluff people off decent hands

Hope to hear from you soon,

Eric.
Hi Eric Colt!

A4s falls into the speculative hand category. Smallish pairs, suited connectors and Axs belong to this group. With these hands we want to see the flop cheaply, preferably with multiple opponents and from late position. Speculative hands don't win often, but when they do, you often win big pots. In your hand, I suggest folding preflop. Firstly, you are not in late positon. Being out of position increases the chance that someone left to act will raise/reraise forcing you to fold. Secondly, there is only the raiser in the pot at its current level. You need muliple opponents typically in order to increase your implied odds.

As played, I strongly recommend folding to the 3-bet. 3-bets are almost always strong hands. You may be facing an A with a better kicker or a premium pair. You are almost assured to be behind. It is now no longer cheap to see the flop. In the long run, calling 3-bets with speculative hands will cost you more than you win.

You get a good flop with the flush draw and bottom pair. Even with the flush draw the villain bet enough that you do not have the odds to continue with the hand. Assuming the villain has QQ+ you only have about 46% equity. Folding on the flop would have been best. Had the villain bet half the pot or less, then you would have had the odds to coninue.

Remember, speculative hands can be great, but wait for the right conditions.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Wed Apr 24, 2013, 06:03 AM
(#11)
Hello Eric,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

flophitter

Old
Question - Thu Apr 25, 2013, 10:55 PM
(#12)
Hey flophitter,

The first time I saw your post I thought I was supposed to get 10 FPP`s but then I saw it was VPP`s !!!

How do I get VPP`s ? I can´t remember how many I had before the bankroll builder promotion, so it`s gonna be a little hard for me to know when I`ll get the extra 10 so I can receive the remaining bonus of the promotion.

Thanks for your attention,

Eric.

Old
Fri Apr 26, 2013, 01:02 PM
(#13)
Hey,

I believe I`m done with it! Please let me know asap.

Thanks,

Eric.

Old
Fri Apr 26, 2013, 02:08 PM
(#14)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hey,

I believe I`m done with it! Please let me know asap.

Thanks,

Eric.
OK, it can take up to 48 hours for the VPPS to show up on our system. I'll check it for you in a day or two and when it's gone though we'll advise on the next step.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 28, 2013, 01:29 PM
(#15)
Hi Eric

It looks like you've earned enough VPPs for the third bonus, so if it's not already showing in your account it will soon, good job!

To earn your fourth and final Bankroll Builder bonus, keep applying at the $0.01/$0.02 cash tables the principles you learned until you have earned a further 10 VPPs. Should you lose your bankroll, please post the losing hand(s) and we'll give you our analysis, followed by the bonus.

I wish you well, and if you have any questions we are here for you!

Old
Sun Apr 28, 2013, 02:29 PM
(#16)
Hey,

Unfortunately I`ve lost all my bankroll at a few tournaments....I endend playing 1 cash game table, where I´ve lost $1.47

I'm trying to upload the hand to the Hand Replayer but something is going wrong that it won't save...

How do I proceed?

Here's the hand history just in case:

PokerStars Hand #97747784764: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02 USD) - 2013/04/27 0:46:53 BRT [2013/04/26 23:46:53 ET]
Table 'Caprera II' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: 1uckyfish7 ($2.67 in chips)
Seat 3: Rolfi_west ($1.35 in chips)
Seat 4: Clary1986 ($2.38 in chips)
Seat 5: MattGambe ($1 in chips)
Seat 6: Eric Colt ($1.47 in chips)
Seat 8: Kalli28er ($2 in chips)
Seat 9: bagun387 ($1.75 in chips)
Kalli28er: posts small blind $0.01
bagun387: posts big blind $0.02
zp11ua: sits out
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Eric Colt [Js Ac]
1uckyfish7: raises $0.06 to $0.08
Rolfi_west: folds
Clary1986: calls $0.08
MattGambe: folds
Eric Colt: calls $0.08
Kalli28er: folds
bagun387: folds
*** FLOP *** [5h Jh 2d]
1uckyfish7: bets $0.18
Clary1986: folds
Eric Colt: raises $0.28 to $0.46
1uckyfish7: raises $2.13 to $2.59 and is all-in
Eric Colt: calls $0.93 and is all-in
Uncalled bet ($1.20) returned to 1uckyfish7
*** TURN *** [5h Jh 2d] [2h]
*** RIVER *** [5h Jh 2d 2h] [4d]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
1uckyfish7: shows [Kd Ks] (two pair, Kings and Deuces)
Eric Colt: shows [Js Ac] (two pair, Jacks and Deuces)
1uckyfish7 collected $2.94 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $3.05 | Rake $0.11
Board [5h Jh 2d 2h 4d]
Seat 1: 1uckyfish7 showed [Kd Ks] and won ($2.94) with two pair, Kings and Deuces
Seat 3: Rolfi_west folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: Clary1986 folded on the Flop
Seat 5: MattGambe folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: Eric Colt (button) showed [Js Ac] and lost with two pair, Jacks and Deuces
Seat 8: Kalli28er (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 9: bagun387 (big blind) folded before Flop

Thanks,

Eric.

Old
Sun Apr 28, 2013, 05:56 PM
(#17)
Hi Eric

Firstly you weren't supposed to be playing anything other than the specified full ring cash games with the Bankroll Builder bonuses. I tested the Hand Replayer and it saved and replayed your hand history fine for me, so I'm not sure what was happening, but please try again and see if you can post the hand. If not, I'll be able to do that for you so it can be analysed.

Old
Sun Apr 28, 2013, 06:34 PM
(#18)

Now I got it !

Old
Sun Apr 28, 2013, 06:54 PM
(#19)
Ok great, we'll have the analysis posted here soon.

Old
Sun Apr 28, 2013, 07:06 PM
(#20)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Hey,

Unfortunately I`ve lost all my bankroll at a few tournaments....I endend playing 1 cash game table, where I´ve lost $1.47

Thanks,

Eric.
Hi Eric!

The instructions for this promotion are very clear and they state that participants in the bankroll builder promotion are to ONLY play FULL RING cash tables with the bonuses. Playing other styles of tables or tournaments make members INELIGIBLE for any further bonuses from the bankroll builder promotion.

Due to the fact that you were playing tournaments with your bankroll, you have made yourself INELIGIBLE for receiving any further bonuses from the promotion.

You are more than welcome to take advantage of all of the other options that PSO has to offer, live training sessions, hand analysis sections, etc. but you are no longer eligible for the bankroll builder promotion.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com