Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Off-Topic Discussions /

Bronze Star

Old
Bronze Star - Wed Apr 17, 2013, 02:57 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Well, who doesn't have one of those?

What I don't understand is why people display them like they're some kind of badge of accomplishment... like they're some kind of poker force to be reckoned with.

I don't display mine because to me it's just a big tell: that you play a lot of poker but don't win all that much! lol

^that goes double for chrome!

But I don't put much stock in the higher levels either, because, and I may be assuming too much here, but for the most part, I put them on purchased prestige, which doesn't garner all that much respect.

What do you figure?

:?)

Old
Wed Apr 17, 2013, 04:21 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2011
Yep,theres lot Bronze Star's here & becuase they cant play for money, USA & I'd say there be Less if things where dif,
Should be grateful, i know i am, i can play for $&play$, not like some of us
Can u hide ur Star's? i didnt know that
All Thee Best

Last edited by 0HighTimes0; Wed Apr 17, 2013 at 04:25 PM..

Old
Wed Apr 17, 2013, 04:43 PM
(#3)
yes, I've disabled my star on pokerstars. Can't hide it here though, I guess, 'cause, you know, there onto ya!

;?)

Old
Wed Apr 17, 2013, 08:32 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2013
In general people don't bother to explore every option of software like we do and the stars are on by default.
Also bet slider options etc. People that haven't played any real money get a white star. I think if I had supernova I'd show it because you have to put through six figures of dollars through the site to get it and surely you're winning at something to have that much disposable cash

Old
Wed Apr 17, 2013, 11:45 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
I was intimidated by the stars when I first started playing, but then I realized that whales can be supernovas. They just have to spend lots of money to get there. They indicate volume of dollars played, not skill level.

Old
Wed Apr 24, 2013, 09:04 PM
(#6)
Thanks for your replies, folks!

yeah, joy, that does sort of reinforce my belief on the purchased prestige aspect to it. There's no shortage of poker players with money to throw at the system, but that supernova brand doesn't truly reflect their playing ability, imo. Could be hard to bluff them though, I suppose, because to someone who is rich, what is high stakes to the average player might be peanuts to a millionaire, making every call, for them, a 2-cent call.

Old
Cool
guide to stars for noobs - Wed May 08, 2013, 04:39 PM
(#7)
bronzestar = has no idea how to play and is basically a calling station
chromestar = has no idea how to play but is so super proud that they made 2 stars that they gotta show em off
silverstar = ok at poker but just a wannabe goldstar really
goldstar = likely poker champion, extremely tough to beat, respect at all times
platinumstar = wannabe pro but actually just a poser, raises light loads, super easy to outplay
supernova = sucker who all good goldstars bust at any opportunity. thinks they is good but IS JUST SUCKER
supernova elite = these guys are the true dons of poker, they are the only known players to be able to beat goldstars (sometimes)

good luck and i hope this helps/enrages random people

Old
Sun Jun 23, 2013, 06:14 PM
(#8)
Since: Feb 2011
Heh, if your looking at their VIP status to find out how good they are, your looking in the wrong place, simply because it's determined by rake, not skill. You could spew thousands of dollars in rake, not make a dime and still hit supernova VIP. where as a bronze star could be a really good player starting out, they just don't have much of a bankroll yet.

'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com