Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL 6 Max - Turn Flush Draw after Leading Flop on Dry board

Old
2NL 6 Max - Turn Flush Draw after Leading Flop on Dry board - Wed Apr 17, 2013, 11:14 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Hey guys.

UTG open is loose, was trying to isolate the fish in the BB. BTN fish calls instead.

He is really passive post flop so I lead out hoping for a fold. I could pick up a draw or a pair if he does calls. Idk why I bet so small.

Turn the flush draw on a scare card so I bet half pot.

I'm thinking this K works well as a scare card vs a weak player since any paired hand he made OTF became weaker.

Best case scenario if he calls I could make a flush on the river and take a good pot but I think I have good fold equity because he's so passive.

Should I bet bigger here? Say around 70% Pot?
How likely is my hand to be good if he calls and I make a pair?
Should I go for his stack if I hit the flush or just make a small value bet?

Last edited by Low Rated; Wed Apr 17, 2013 at 11:18 PM.. Reason: Grammar ~

Old
Thu Apr 18, 2013, 01:17 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Low Rated,

Not a big fan of the open without reads on the table, but ok.

Quote:
Should I bet bigger here? Say around 70% Pot?
I don't see what that will accomplish, he's a half stacking passive player, he's probably going to call or fold no matter what. You did bet half the pot anyway so adding a few more cents isn't going to matter much. If he peeled the flop light (2nd pair or worse) he'll probably fold, if he had top pair or better he won't, would be my best guess... regardless of your bet sizing.

Quote:
How likely is my hand to be good if he calls and I make a pair?
Not likely imo.

Quote:
Should I go for his stack if I hit the flush or just make a small value bet?
Sure, why not. The pot would be .65 and he'll have .68 left... go for it.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Apr 18, 2013, 12:39 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2012
Thanks Langolier.

As played I made a Qd flush on the river but only made a half pot value bet. I agree a pair probably won't be good here 80% of the time. Turns out he was looking me up with AQcc and decided his hand was good enough to call the river. I regret not going for his stack now

Last edited by Low Rated; Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: Left something out ~

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com