Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

NLH 3.3 USD 6K GTD 77 in ITM

Old
NLH 3.3 USD 6K GTD 77 in ITM - Fri Apr 19, 2013, 01:36 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
Hello to everyone.
I thought he was bluffing , because of over bet push and stop nad go strategy of oponent. i was right, but i'm not sure about my decision. I had comfortable stack left to go on. What to do in such situations?

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Last edited by Shichi-77; Fri Apr 19, 2013 at 01:39 AM..

Old
Sat Apr 20, 2013, 12:45 AM
(#2)
Since: May 2012
BronzeStar
im not a hand analyzer but i would have folded. blinds could have any combination of cards. this is what would be going through my head when he went all in.

-higher pocket pair although he didnt reraise preflop its still a possibility
-low pocket pair and hit a set
-a hand like K9s
-or two overcards like QJ

im not sure if calling/folding would be the right move so dont take my advice if you dont want to but personally i would have folded. you still had a lot of chips to work with and risking it all without the nuts is questionable

edit: now that i think about it, maybe id fold because i saw the outcome. i dont know. next time you post dont show the outcome. i think id still fold tho. you had quite a lot of chips

Last edited by loucetios; Sat Apr 20, 2013 at 03:48 AM..

Old
Sat Apr 20, 2013, 07:01 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi Shichi-77,

I think you are rgiht with your read. Generally a very strong hand like a set or even A9 here would probably look to check and allow you to CBet.

Donk bets are generally weaker hands with equity.

So to decide whether to call of not you need to measure your equity vs his bluffs and weaker made hands.

I'd be a little worried about 88, T9, J9, Q9 here. Vs these hands we are crushed.

I would probably fold here to such an overbet cause we have to be right so often for it to be profitable.

If the guy has been playing like a maniac and you've actually seen him over bet bluffing with air already then you might trust your read a bit more. If you were confident in your read then calling in this spot and being ahead you have great equity.

Unlucky, big pot

Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Apr 20, 2013, 12:23 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2012
thanks a lot to both of you. I'll post later one other hand. Like to see your comments again

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com