Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Red Spade Open - Discussion Page

Old
Red Spade Open - Discussion Page - Fri Apr 19, 2013, 12:34 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010

It's fun, It's exciting, It's the Red Spade Open!

We are delighted to announce details of the Red Spade Open and offer you the chance to win YOUR $55 ticket to this great event and mix it up at the tables with some of the great names of PokerStars PROs. The Red Spade Open is a hugely popular bounty event taking place on April 28th that boasts a staggering $1,000,000 guaranteed prize pool including at least $200,000 for the winner!

Along with this amazing prize pool, if you bust out any Team Online or Team Pro PokerStars player you'll earn yourself an additional $100 bounty, pretty cool eh! The tournament can be found today in the PokerStars client under 'Tourney' > 'Special' tabs.

Red Spade Open Details:
  • When: Sunday, April 28, 15:00 EST
  • Buy-in: $55
  • Guarantee: $1,000,000
  • First Place: At least $200,000

Win Your FREE Entry!

We want you to play this great event and are offering you the chance to win your $55 entry by playing an exclusive satellite offering the top finishers with a direct entry into the Red Spade Open.

There are two ways in which you can get your exclusive ticket into the 'Red Spade School' satellite as follows.

LIVE TRAINING SESSIONS- Attend any of two special MTT Bounty Live Training session on April 22nd and on April 24th. You must attend at least 40 minutes of the session to make sure you get your ticket. Your ticket will be award before April 28th, 12:00 EST.

TAKE OUR MTT COURSE - If you are a new member to the school and youpass our MTT Course between today and April 27th you will also receive a ticket for this special satellite. Your ticket will be awarded before April 28th, 12:00 EST.

Red Spade School Satellite Details:
  • When: Sunday, April 28, 14:00 EST
  • Buy-in: Invitational Freeroll + $1 Rebuys*
  • Prize Pool: Tickets Added to Red Spade Open
  • Tournament ID: #719496651
MTT VIDEOS - Get yourself in the best shape possible for this event by reveiwing some useful tips from our library of great MTT Videos and who knows, some useful information gained might just give you that winning edge over your opponents.

FORUM DISCUSSION - Of course there's a great community at PokerSchoolOnline and you can share your thoughts and swap your stories with other members in our Red Spade discussion thread.

All this is brought to you FREE courtesy of PokerSchoolOnline and don't forget that we will have other promotions coming your way too. Keep an eye on our Promotions Page for details of all the exciting promotions coming your way at PokerSchoolOnline. *The satellite is a freeroll tournament offering $1 rebuys.

Good luck from all the team!

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Last edited by HokyPokyToo; Fri Apr 19, 2013 at 12:45 PM..

Old
Fri Apr 19, 2013, 01:26 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
First l would like to say.....Thx for the info Hoky, and thx for the extra seats PSO,

But I'm a bit confused why would a newcomer gets two ways of getting a ticket, and someone that has already taken the MTT COURSE and may be a long time member, only gets one.....seems a bit backwards......hiccup

cheers

Old
Fri Apr 19, 2013, 01:31 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by effsea View Post
a newcomer gets two ways of getting a ticket
It's just to encourage people who haven't bothered taking the quiz yet to have a go, who knows, it might help them with their game.

They might have two chances but remember that each member is only going to get one ticket.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Apr 19, 2013, 04:39 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
It's just to encourage people who haven't bothered taking the quiz yet to have a go, who knows, it might help them with their game.

They might have two chances but remember that each member is only going to get one ticket.

Raiser

Hear ya paul........I'm not bitching here, l think it's very cool the pso giving away 100 seats, but you know me hiccup.......l like to take care of my own first, then give to the new-bees...it's the loyalty thing l think,

like there's only 5 beers left.......thier's me you and a new-bee...we get 2......he gets 1....lol

anyways.....l need to get a life...lol

cheers paul

Old
Fri Apr 19, 2013, 05:12 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Could swear I've tried to take the MTT quiz before ... guess I just never managed to pass it?

Here two and half years and im still eligible for the newbie promotion ... yikes

Old
Sun Apr 21, 2013, 04:34 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2012
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustySam View Post
Could swear I've tried to take the MTT quiz before ... guess I just never managed to pass it?

Here two and half years and im still eligible for the newbie promotion ... yikes
Yes.I'm member since July 2012 and I havent finished MTT Quiz before and I finished it before 1 hour and received my ticket few mins ago

Old
WarmUp - PokerSchoolOnline Knockout Festivals - Sun Apr 21, 2013, 04:40 PM
(#7)
Since: Apr 2012
Hi
I think, that could be ready for Spades.
Finished 1-st on 21-April. But not sure if my strategy for bounty is the best.

Old
Mon Apr 22, 2013, 03:55 AM
(#8)
Since: Mar 2013
Hello
I passed the test MTT before appearing offer. Can I get ticket?

Old
Mon Apr 22, 2013, 05:03 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenKKate View Post
Hello
I passed the test MTT before appearing offer. Can I get ticket?
Hello,

Only if you pass the MTT Quiz between April 20th - April 27th.

You can still get your ticket by attending Live Training, please see >>HERE<< for full details about this promotion.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 23, 2013, 07:54 PM
(#10)
Since: Mar 2013
I did MTT Quiz 18.4. and definitely already on that day I was on a site http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...-Your-55-Entry
and from there I got the MTT quiz.
In terms are written - between today and April 27th!
So when I get my ticket to the Red Spade School Satellite?

Old
this cant be right? or is it - Tue Apr 23, 2013, 08:58 PM
(#11)
Since: Mar 2011
Hi

regarding the red spade freeroll and target event is there only a 1 hour gap?

What I mean is I think the qualifier starts at 7pm my time and yet the real $55 buyin red spade is @8pm....so if anyone does qualify we are all starting/regeristing late?

Or have I missed something key here ?

I find these freebies cool and makes up for all the bad beats but the timings seems strange

Thank You

rolo

Old
Tue Apr 23, 2013, 09:05 PM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by King žaba View Post
I did MTT Quiz 18.4. and definitely already on that day I was on a site ..... So when I get my ticket to the Red Spade School Satellite?
Hello,

Contact support@pokerschoolonline.com and they will be able to tell you if you qualify for a ticket.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 23, 2013, 09:08 PM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo834 View Post
Hi
Hi Rolo,

Yes, you are right, the satellite begins an hour before the main event, this was the way it was set up

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 23, 2013, 09:18 PM
(#14)
Since: May 2011
Quote:

I find these freebies cool and makes up for all the bad beats but the timings seems strange

rolo
Not strange they just don't want us to unregister and take the $55 T-money. Come on though it's a $1 re-buy so 2 x re-buy + add-on $3 minimum investment.

100 seats added though good luck guys

Old
Wed Apr 24, 2013, 01:46 AM
(#15)
Since: Jun 2012
I think I will play it as a freeroll - no rebuy or add-on.

Old
Wed Apr 24, 2013, 02:23 AM
(#16)
Since: Mar 2011
Thank royal raise for confirmation

@Forrest I hadnt even thought of that ....want to experience a high buyin event(have done one thanks to PSO but I kinda sucked )......thats if I can qualify obv

good luck to all

rolo

Old
Wed Apr 24, 2013, 02:43 AM
(#17)
Since: Apr 2013
Quote:
Hi

What I mean is I think the qualifier starts at 7pm my time and yet the real $55 buyin red spade is @8pm....so if anyone does qualify we are all starting/regeristing late?
I have the same question. 1 hour doesn't seem enough time?

Even though the satellite will be turbo (5 minute blind intervals), I highly doubt that the satellite tournament will be completed within 1 hour.

That is, unless we are down to 100 players and they all just do the all-in fest until the last one standing?

Old
Wed Apr 24, 2013, 04:43 AM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TangentZ View Post
That is, unless we are down to 100 players and they all just do the all-in fest until the last one standing?
I would imagine that once it gets to the last 100 the satellite would automatically close, as 1 - 100 effectively get the same prize, and those 100 players would automatically be seated in the main event.

I have asked for confirmation of this though and I'll post back here when I get some more info

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 24, 2013, 04:56 AM
(#19)
Since: Feb 2010
Just checked my available tickets on Pokerstars and see I have been issued one for the Red Spade satellite - thanks PSO , and to Dave for the excellent training session.

I'm quite happy to invest some $$$ in rebuys and add-on, though I will make a decision on the night as to how many I will allow myself - usually I will be prepared to pay one fifth for a satellite to a bigger than my normal buy-in tourney anyway, so roughly $10-12 here will allow an instant rebuy, 4/5 double rebuys if I bust (hopefully I wont bust 5 times in 30 minutes)and the add-on if I make it that far.

Although I don't like late reg in general I don't mind here - Red Spade has 180 mins late reg and to get in this cheap would more than make up for any disadvantage, though hopefully any qualifiers will get seated within the first hour as antes kick in after 48mins.

Looking forward to the game on Sunday.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Wed Apr 24, 2013, 12:16 PM
(#20)
Since: Jun 2010
To SilverStars+

Perhaps you would like to try the 500 fpp Red Spade satellite. It's a slow speed structure (15 minute blinds) held on Saturday April 27th at 3pm ET, the day before the main event. This one can be found under "tourney" > "VIP."

Good luck

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com