Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Software & Videos & Literature /

25% discount on PokerTracker this weekend

Old
Lightbulb
25% discount on PokerTracker this weekend - Sat Apr 20, 2013, 05:58 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2012
Just wanted to let you guys know that there is a 25% discount on all versions of PokerTracker 4 this weekend, so if you've been thinking about it, now might be the time to get it.

Link here.

I'm not an affiliate of PokerTracker, so I don't make any money from any purchases. It's just a sweet deal.

Old
Sat Apr 20, 2013, 11:46 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
It's true. Very nice deal.

/rant
I literally just bought PT4 the night BEFORE this discount started. I am kind of pissed off about it. Also, PT4 feels surprisingly clunkier than HM2... Oh and it crashes every time I tried altering my HUD profile while at the tables. And it's missing a couple of very nice features HM2 had for font resizing when vector scaling the HUD. Why didn't I find out all this before I bought it??? Well, I should have, but I couldn't really use the trial. The 'trial version' message that displayed on the tables would completely obstruct my view when I resized my windows smaller, which I do a lot. Also, I decided to put a little bit of faith in PT4 doing things right. It turns out though, that at least for me, HM2 would have been the better choice for objective reasons.
\end rant

Still, it is well worth the money, but personally I think PT4 was not the optimal choice for me. I am actually hoping to get a refund. To be fair, PT4 is a good product, it just doesn't fit my needs as well as HM2.

Old
Mon Apr 22, 2013, 12:44 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Just wanted to make an update on my post. PT4's customer support is awesome. They gave me a refund and even offered (for free) to try some live remote-assistance to try and help solve any of my problems. Kudos to them, they were very helpful. PT4 is a nice product. Too bad it didn't work out for me as I had hoped.

Old
Mon Apr 22, 2013, 12:43 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2013
wow they refunded you, what is it that you prefer on hm2? because i tried the trial version a month back the other hm version and im trialing pt3 at the minute.

I didn't really like HM i much prefer pt3 i found that hm killed my pc and i couldn t work out how to move stats around at the table.

What exactly is it you prefer hm2 though over to PT4, could you also tell me which 1 dnt kill your pc aswell? my computer isnt the best pc but its fairly fast i would prefer the one that wont slow my pc bad or freeze it up

Old
Tue Apr 23, 2013, 02:14 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2198 View Post
wow they refunded you, what is it that you prefer on hm2? because i tried the trial version a month back the other hm version and im trialing pt3 at the minute.

I didn't really like HM i much prefer pt3 i found that hm killed my pc and i couldn t work out how to move stats around at the table.

What exactly is it you prefer hm2 though over to PT4, could you also tell me which 1 dnt kill your pc aswell? my computer isnt the best pc but its fairly fast i would prefer the one that wont slow my pc bad or freeze it up
Yes I much prefer HM2. That doesn't really mean HM2 is better than PT4, just that it is better for me. Strangely enough HM2 runs much better on my PC than PT4 did. Also, I really liked PT3 when I had a trial of that last year and that ran very well on my PC too. I built my PC over 3 years ago. Dual core processor, 2gig ram, 8800GTX video card.

The main reasons I ended up with HM2 is because it ran on my PC better and it had an option to adjust how the font size scales when you re-size tables.

I would suggest just picking whichever one works best on your PC when you trial it.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com