Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder

Old
Bankroll builder - Sat Apr 20, 2013, 08:35 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
Hi,

I would like to participate in the bankroll builder promotion.

Thanks for the help,

I look forward to stealing your blinds - lol.

Pullin1988

Old
Sat Apr 20, 2013, 01:26 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pullin1988 View Post
Hi,
I would like to participate in the bankroll builder promotion.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Apr 20, 2013, 01:47 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi pullin1988,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Apr 27, 2013, 07:57 AM
(#4)
I have completed the Poker basic course.

Please could analyze this hand below.

decisions had to be made quick, and so i don't think i was betting the optimal amount.

Thank you for your help!

pullin1988

Old
Sat Apr 27, 2013, 08:24 AM
(#5)
I think I may need to play a 9 handed table instead of the 6 handed that I posted.

Sorry

pullin1988

Old
Sat Apr 27, 2013, 06:47 PM
(#6)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Apr 27, 2013, 07:37 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi pullin1988!

Please be sure that once you receive a bonus from this promotion to only play FULL RING. Other formats will make you ineligible for future bonuses from this promotion.

With QJo in the SB, I get 2 limps, then a min-raise and a call of the min-raise. Since I'm out of position, I have 3 options here. I can make a standard raise to try and get some of the opps to fold, which I would do the majority of the time. A standard raise is to between 3X the previous bet (12) and a pot-sized raise (19). I'll pick the top of the range and raise to 19.
I also could fold here (which I'd do if the opps were tight, as I could easily be dominated and I'm out of position).
The other option is to call, then if I do this, I need to lead the flop whether I hit it or not... and with this many opps, I'll need to be ready to make a pot-sized bet. Calling a raise when out of position, then checking the flop is a very weak play and a huge chip leak, so it's something that I do not want to do.

I hit 2nd pair with 4 opps in the hand. Since many players will play any A, I am going to check here and hope to see a free turn card (a great example of why I don't want to call, then lead any flop).
When the button makes an abnormally small bet of 2 chips, I'll call. Bets post-flop should be sized based on the pot-size, number of opps and board texture. This bet is too small not to call with 2nd pair.

The turn is a blank and since nobody made a reasonable bet on the flop, here is where I'll make my play to try and win the pot. With 3 opps in the pot, I'm going to make a 3/4 pot value bet of 23 chips. My plan for the rest of the hand is to muck if I'm raised and to check the river if I'm called and my hand does not improve.

I hit 2 pair on the river and I'll make a value bet here. Once again, with 3 opps, I'll bet 3/4 pot. When the opp raises, I'll call here as my hand does have showdown value but may not be the best hand. If I did raise back, I would need to make a standard raise to between 3X the opp's bet and a pot-sized raise... I don't want to raise less than this.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Apr 27, 2013, 11:03 PM
(#8)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat May 04, 2013, 07:02 AM
(#9)
Hi,

I have completed the cash quiz, and I also played a 1/2 cent full ring game.

3 reasons why a player may want to make a big be are the following:

- bet for value (to build a big pot as you believe that you have the best hand).
- bet for protection (make opponents fold their drawing hands on wet flops).
- for bluffing (to induce an opponent to fold, even though you have trah hand).

Please could you analyse my hand below:

Thank you for all your help.

Pullin1988

Old
Sat May 04, 2013, 07:09 AM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat May 04, 2013, 08:07 AM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi pullin1988! I'll take a look at this hand, which looks fairly straightforward at first glance.

You have the aces in late position, so make a standard 3bb raise to 6c. The villain in the SB decides to minraise as a 3-bet. This is a bad play by him, as you could make a profitable call in position with a hand like 76s when you only have to call a minraise. While calling with AA sometimes would be a good way to disguise the strength of your hand and allow you to get more value post-flop, at 2NL I think it's best to play completely straightforwardly. A 4-bet re-raise is in order. You make it 36c and I think this is fine, but I'd sometimes go up to 45c with AA/KK, as a good 4-bet size is usually around 22bb. The bigger sizing makes it very easy to play the hand post-flop, because you'll be committed to stacking off on the flop with an overpair, as the pot will be big and the remaining stacks relatively small. (Big pairs like low stack to pot ratios).
As played, you make it 36c and villain calls. He pretty much always has a medium-large pocket pair in this situation.
The flop comes 973, which is a great flop for you. You're only losing to 99 that made top set, because villain would have to be terribad to have called with 77 or 33. More likely holdings for villain are TT-KK. Since all those hands have an overpair, they will stack off. The pot is 74c and you have 81c in your stack. I'd just go all in here. It's pointless betting less, because you'll only have a tiny amount behind. The stack to pot ratio is almost 1:1. If you'd made your pre-flop 4-bet a little larger, then you'd actually have exactly a pot-sized bet, so would obviously be jamming the flop. Villain is clearly just as pot-committed, so you're on your way to an easy double up. Well played!

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat May 04, 2013, 09:39 AM
(#12)
Hi pullin1988,

Fantastic!

Your next Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving this bonus and you will automatically be credited with the next bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your this bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com