Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Software & Videos & Literature /

Stats

Old
Stats - Sat Apr 20, 2013, 02:11 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
What stats are you guys using on the table?

I got vpip / pfr / 3bet total / fold to a 3 bet / aggression factor / cbet flop / fold to a cbet flop / fold to a cbet raise after a flop cbet.

Old
Sat Apr 20, 2013, 03:00 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
I have

Notes, VPIP, PFR, 3bet(pre), cbet (flop)

name, fold to flop c bet, went to show down,number hands

bb's amount, fold to LP steal,steal CO,steal button, steal SB

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Apr 20, 2013, 03:05 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
notes / name / hands
VPIP / PFR(OVERALL) / 3B
PFR(EP) / PFR(MP) / PFR(CO) / PFR(BT) / PFR(SB) / PFR(BB)

Thinking about adding F3B to second line.

Old
Sat Apr 20, 2013, 05:06 PM
(#4)
name (number of hands)/ stack in big blinds
VPIP%/ PFR%/ BB/100
Attempt to Steal %/ Folded to Steal %
Aggression Factor Total/ 3Bet Preflop %/ Showdowns %/ Showdowns Won %

Old
Sat Apr 20, 2013, 08:22 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
I have quite a busy HUD, which I don't think is recommended for a new player. You should stick to just the main stats until you thoroughly understand what they mean and how to use them.

FWIW, my cash game HUD looks like this:

Name/stacksize in BB/winrate/hands
VPIP/PFR/3-bet/Attempt to Steal/Fold to Steal
Flop C-bet/Turn C-bet/Fold to Flop c-bet/Donk/Raise Flop/WTSD/Total AF.

Each of these stats is colour-coded (green numbers indicate fishy stats, red indicate nitty numbers) and links to a pop-up showing stats by position and by street.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 21, 2013, 10:37 AM
(#6)
Nice stats guys im not keen on pfr for all positions though because i doubt its gonna help putting them on a range unless you got a ridiculous amount of hands on them, not to sure about steal stats either because il make a decision on a re steal depending on how strong my hand is to your pfr/vp

I like the idea of pop ups for each street but i can t do it on hud stats it a bit confusing i don't want to go over the top with stats either because they can make you make bad decisions aswel as good ones, i don't really need turn stats because i need a strong hand by then and i wont be calling any ridiculous raises unless your very aggro or i got a super strong hand.

As for donk betting i don't see how i could make that work i know donk betting a lag is a big mistake they just see this as weakness so i used that to my advantage last night and took a lags full stack after he battered the table.

The won at showdown im thinking could be a good stat if i can think of a reason why its worth using, im thinking its maybe good against a aggressive player that goes to showdown 24/7 but then i might get tempted to call with weaker holdings and they actually got something so i don't know about that one as of yet.

Old
Sun Apr 21, 2013, 12:44 PM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2011
One reason I include steal stats is because it shows if a player is positionally aware. If he's playing 15/10 overall, but has an ATS of 35%, then I know his EP range is tight, and his late position range is wide. I also want to know how often someone folds to steals, because stealing is a big part of my game. If the blinds are folding 85% of the time, then I can profitably open on the button with really weak hands.

I like the turn c-bet stat, because it helps with flop decisions. If someone is "one and done" with regard to c-bets, they might have a FlopCB of 65% but a turn c-bet of 25%, which means they are never barrelling with air. If they are one-and-done, then they are good candidates to float in position, as I can bet with ATC on the turn when they check and I'll usually take the pot. If villain is 100/100 for flop and turn c-bet, then I'll be more likely to fold marginal hands on the flop, because he's going to barrel, meaning I'm playing a big pot with a weak hand, which is never fun.

The donk bet stat is also useful for me, because the percentage gives me a good idea of the strength of someone's hand. If it's high (like 30%) then he's usually donking with any pair or draw. If it's low (like 7% or less), he's only doing it with two pairs or a set. It saves me money (the c-bet I would have made) if villain is only donking with strong hands.

WTSD is Went to showdown. Won $ at SD is less useful, but fine for a large sample, as it shows you if villain will call down with marginal hands. WTSD is great, because (over a decent sample of 40 flops or so) it indicates if villain is a calling station or playing fit-or-fold. i.e. If villain only goes to showdown 20% of the time, he has a real hand if he bets or calls the flop/turn. If it's over 30%, villain is usually a station that will call down with gutshots and bottom pair.

You're right though. If you have too many stats, you'll get confused or make bad decisions, by giving the numbers more credit than they deserve.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 21, 2013, 12:45 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2198 View Post
Nice stats guys im not keen on pfr for all positions though because i doubt its gonna help putting them on a range unless you got a ridiculous amount of hands on them, not to sure about steal stats either because il make a decision on a re steal depending on how strong my hand is to your pfr/vp
Well my understanding is that pre-flop statistics become useful in the least amount of hands. The position specific PFR's do take a bit longer to become useful compared to overall PFR though. While I do use PFR for some super general hand ranging, it is not the primary reason I use it. I use opponent PFR statistics mostly in deciding my own hand range for folding/calling/3-betting their open raise.

I tend to rely mostly on note taking and betting patterns when trying to determine a hand range of an opponent post-flop. I will probably use some post-flop HUD stats eventually, but for now my focus is on improving my pre-flop game.

Old
Sun Apr 21, 2013, 02:30 PM
(#9)
When you put it like that arty it makes perfect sense to have all those stats il get adding some of them right now especially donk and turn cbet

Old
Sun Apr 21, 2013, 02:42 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerguyAA View Post
Well my understanding is that pre-flop statistics become useful in the least amount of hands. The position specific PFR's do take a bit longer to become useful compared to overall PFR though. While I do use PFR for some super general hand ranging, it is not the primary reason I use it. I use opponent PFR statistics mostly in deciding my own hand range for folding/calling/3-betting their open raise.

I tend to rely mostly on note taking and betting patterns when trying to determine a hand range of an opponent post-flop. I will probably use some post-flop HUD stats eventually, but for now my focus is on improving my pre-flop game.
why dont you put it in the pop up window if i see a tight player raise utg im thinking pocket 10s and up AJs AQs AKs AQo AKo maybe KQs KQo

Old
Sun Apr 21, 2013, 03:18 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2198 View Post
why dont you put it in the pop up window if i see a tight player raise utg im thinking pocket 10s and up AJs AQs AKs AQo AKo maybe KQs KQo
That is a good idea. I haven't made much use of the pop-up window yet. I have a hard time using it because I play up to 10 tables at a time. I think I just need to see if I can adjust how quickly it pops up or something.

Old
Sun Apr 21, 2013, 03:48 PM
(#12)
Hey arty can i be cheeky and download your hud have you got poker tracker? if not what numbers are you using for the colour coding on those stats?

Last edited by mike2198; Sun Apr 21, 2013 at 06:56 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com