Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL FR - J9s overcalled OTB

Old
2NL FR - J9s overcalled OTB - Sun Apr 21, 2013, 02:55 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Please ignore my actual actions - I'm more interested about a hypothetical 3bet shove on the flop.

So I figure I'm only up against an overpair or made hand when he raises the flop. If I had shoved over him(rather than my crappy line), knowing I had 0 FE vs a range made up of made hands is it 50/50 between shoving and folding? or Should I have just thrown it away on the flop?

Villain was 39/13 over 30 hands.
I figure his range to dwindle to this once he raises.
QQ+,TT,AQ,KQ,QJ,QT possibly Q9s?

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...089_A8C4B41EAE

Old
Sun Apr 21, 2013, 09:11 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Bores,

You've already addressed your actions (I agree) and asked they be ignored, so your wish is my command.

I think this is a clear fold for me. I agree 100% with you that this guy is never folding, and he's not likely to be raising light or semi-bluffing given he's fairly fishy thus far at 39/13. But I disagree on the range assessment somewhat, specifically KK/AA... he does know where the raise button is preflop so I'd expect a 3b with those. Even QQ for that matter. So I think his range is skewed towards TT and Qx. While we have 2 outs to the nuts, some of our other outs are tainted. He can be full now with TT or QT, and KQ takes away the kings as outs. If we get there with a non-straight flush, he can still redraw on us with his trips. I'm showing us about a 70-30 dog vs. his range of boats and Qx, so shoving tends to just be getting our stack in bad.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 22, 2013, 11:59 AM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2013
Thank you. Alright so my thought process couldn't have been much worse had I tried but that's good to know. That's how we learn. Next time I'm in a similar spot I will be able to fold rather than get it in. And yeah...I see where I went wrong with potential range with the QQ+. Thank you again.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com