Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sun Apr 21, 2013, 09:56 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
Hi I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.

Old
Mon Apr 22, 2013, 06:36 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikis898 View Post
Hi I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 22, 2013, 06:57 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Wed Apr 24, 2013, 12:12 PM
(#4)
Hey raiser!

I've watched the video and passed the basic course with 81%. Here's a hand that I played at the play money tables. What i shold be doing with That hand be more agresive?

Old
Wed Apr 24, 2013, 03:09 PM
(#5)
Thanks for that, we'll have the hand analysis done shortly, then I'll give you your next steps

Old
Wed Apr 24, 2013, 04:46 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Nikis898!

With ATs from the SB, I get a limp, min-raise and a call of the min-raise in front of me. Since I'm out of position, I'm going to 3-bet here. I'll size my bet between 3X the previous bet (12) and a pot sized raise (18). I'll go with the higher end here and raise to 18.
If I was IN position (on the button), then I could make a case for flatting here, but since I'm out of position and have to play the rest of the hand with a huge disadvantage due to it, I want to raise to try to lower the number of opps in the hand.

I flop two pair, but there is a pair on the board and since I didn't raise preflop, I have absolutely no clue whether I have the best hand or not. Since I need to get value for my two pair and to get some information about the opp's holdings, I'll make a value bet. The key here is the size of it. Due to so many opps (4), I need to make a pot sized bet here of 21 chips. My plan for the hand is that if I'm raised, I'll fold. If I'm called, I won't put another chip into the pot unless my hand improves.
I also don't want to bet less than this, as the opps can be getting the correct odds to draw to beat me... something I want to avoid whenever possible.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 24, 2013, 06:35 PM
(#7)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Fri May 03, 2013, 08:31 AM
(#8)
I have watched the video and passed Cash Game quiz. with 81%

Here is a hand from the NL tables.

Last edited by Nikis898; Fri May 03, 2013 at 12:21 PM..

Old
Fri May 03, 2013, 03:08 PM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I have watched the video and passed Cash Game quiz. with 81%

Here is a hand from the NL tables.

Hello Nikis898,

This hand that you have posted is not a recent hand played. Please post a hand that you have played with the bonus we have given you AFTER April 24th using the hand replayer.

Once you do this we can continue on with the promotion.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri May 03, 2013, 05:49 PM
(#10)
wrong hand here is my hannd.

Old
Sat May 04, 2013, 07:13 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat May 04, 2013, 08:25 AM
(#12)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Nikis898! I'll take a look at this hand, in which you got a good result, but actually played pretty badly.

You have 77 in medium-late position and you're facing a standard 3bb raise. Calling and going set-mining is the obvious play to make here. The plan is quite simple. If you flop a set of trips, then you will bet and raise, trying to win a whole stack. If you don't flop a set (or an open-ended straight draw) then you should fold on the flop. Two little mottos I'm fond of repeating are "No set, no bet" and "Spike or hike".
As played you call and see a heads up flop in position. The flop is 953, so you completely missed. While it's possible villain also missed (with hands like AK), I'd usually give him credit for an overpair (or even top set) when he leads out. You should just fold on the flop. You didn't spike, so it's time to take a hike.
You actually called. Let's be clear here. You have a weak pair and are drawing to 2 outs. The turn is an 8, another overcard to your pair, but you did at least pick up a gutshot straight draw (4 extra outs). Villain bets again. For some reason, you decide to raise here. Do you always raise with weak draws? That's a big leak. What's even worse is that your raise is only a minraise. Villain isn't going to fold to your semi-bluff when you give him such a good price to call. What actually happens is villain shoves all in. If it wasn't clear that you should have folded earlier, it's very clear that you should fold now. With a gutshot, you only have 4 outs. That means you're only going to hit your dream card about 8% of the time. It's pure spew to get your money in here.

Luckily for you, you hit your 4-outer and dragged the pot. I expect villain was very upset by this bad beat. At every point in the hand prior to showdown, his aces were beating you. He never put his money in when he was losing. You, on the other hand, not only called with the worst hand; you raised with it when you were virtually drawing dead.
If you want to make money in the long run, you've got to avoid getting your money in bad like this. Take established profitable lines. If you have a real hand, then bet for value. Don't make crazy bluffs. When set-mining, don't get cute. If you miss the flop, then fold your hand. Maybe you'll hit a set and win a stack next time.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat May 04, 2013, 02:41 PM
(#13)
Now just post your response to this part:

2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.

and I'll give your 2nd bonus and your next steps

Old
Sat May 04, 2013, 03:36 PM
(#14)
1. Value Bet.
2. Bluff Bet.
3. Protection Bet.

Done

Old
Sun May 05, 2013, 08:26 AM
(#15)
hi riser. i did something wrong?

Old
Sun May 05, 2013, 08:27 AM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
hi riser. i did something wrong?
Hi, your instructor 'flophitter' will reply to you within 24 hours of your last post, please be patient.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun May 05, 2013, 09:40 AM
(#17)
Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

flophitter

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com