Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Mon Apr 22, 2013, 03:01 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
Hello !
I signed up for PokerStars few days ago and PSO few hours ago. I have already cleared Poker Basic Course and planning to clear more courses soon. I am very much eager to learn poker and have some fun.

So to have fun - I need some FREEEEE Bankroll !

Old
Mon Apr 22, 2013, 05:45 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoliticoV View Post
Hello !
I signed up for PokerStars few days ago and PSO few hours ago. I have already cleared Poker Basic Course and planning to clear more courses soon. I am very much eager to learn poker and have some fun.

So to have fun - I need some FREEEEE Bankroll !
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 22, 2013, 04:50 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi PoliticoV,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 23, 2013, 03:31 AM
(#4)
Hello Hokypoky and RoyalRaise.

Thank you very much for your replies.

I watched the "Getting Started" videos and played few hands on NL 9 ring table and managed to earn some play money.

I came across this guy who was very loose and aggressive. He kept on bluffing and kept on going all in with 2h7d and other sucky hole cards. I managed to bluff this guy multiple times by 3-4 betting and he used to fold rightway. But this time I was unsure about his hole cards. Can you have a look at this play ?

AND YES I PASSED THE BASIC TRAINING TEST !

Old
Tue Apr 23, 2013, 03:33 AM
(#5)
And I was playing a bit aggressive on this hand because I had good cards aswell as I was on button. So I tried to pressurize the guy.

Old
Tue Apr 23, 2013, 11:24 AM
(#6)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 23, 2013, 01:46 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi PoliticoV!

Please follow the instructions for this promotion specifically. This promotion is ONLY for FULL RING games. Once you receive a bonus, playing any cash game other than 1/2 cent NL FULL RING will make you ineligible for receiving any future buy-ins. Playing 6-max or cash tourneys WILL make you INELIGIBLE.

With KQ from the button and two limpers in front of me, I'm going to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 2 limpers, I'll raise to 5BB or 50. I then get min-raised by the SB. Since I'm in postion on the button, I'll call (if I would have been out of postion, I'd fold).

The flop gives me 2nd pair, but has an A and a club flush draw. When the opp checks to me, I'm going to take 1 chance to win the pot and will make my standard heads-up value bet of 1/2 pot (105). I need to size my bets post-flop based on the size of the pot. Betting too large or too small is a tell for most players, as they bet larger with better hands and less with marginal hands... this is something that I never want to do, as I want to keep the opps guessing as to the cards I'm playing. If the opp raises, they most likely have an A and I then immediately need to muck. If they call, I'll hope to check and get to showdown and will not bet again unless my hand improves.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 23, 2013, 03:18 PM
(#8)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Please remember to play FULL RING 1/2 cent only as playing any others can make you ineligible to cotinue in this promotion.

Best of Luck!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 24, 2013, 03:23 AM
(#9)
Hi
Can you analyze this hand for me ? Did I play it well ? I was scared because of my position. SB position sucks really bad.
And Thank You very much for 2 Dollars.

Old
Wed Apr 24, 2013, 03:23 AM
(#10)

Old
Wed Apr 24, 2013, 03:25 AM
(#11)
You Bet for 3 main reasons:
1. To Bluff.
2. To increase the pot size if you have monster hands
3. To protect your strong hands if your flop is sucky.

Old
Wed Apr 24, 2013, 03:26 AM
(#12)
And I will be completing my cash quiz soon. Its just that I find it difficult memorizing or even understand those Pot Odds and Expected Value thing.

Old
Wed Apr 24, 2013, 09:54 AM
(#13)
I am sorry to say but I lost all my bankroll. I was having a bad beat. My bankroll went up to 6dollars at a time but lost all slowly.

Old
Wed Apr 24, 2013, 10:50 AM
(#14)
Hi PoliticoV,

Please post the hand where you lost your bankroll for hand analysis. When this is done we will proceed with the next step!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 24, 2013, 02:23 PM
(#15)
This is the hand where I lost all my money.

Old
Sun Apr 28, 2013, 09:25 AM
(#16)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 28, 2013, 11:43 AM
(#17)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi PoliticoV! I'll take a look at this brutal hand for you.

You have QJs, which is a decent starting hand, but you're in the SB, which is the worst seat. You're facing a raise by a player in MP. I think this hand is just about good enough to call with in this situation, but you should be careful with it post-flop, because QJ is dominated by AQ/AJ/KQ/KJ and overpairs. With this hand, it's actually better to flop a flush/straight draw, because if you just make one pair and get a lot of money in the pot, you're usually losing, because your opponent has you out-kicked.

As played, you call, the BB folds, so you're heads up and out of position. The flop comes J82 and you decide to lead out into the pre-flop raiser. This is a donkbet, and it's a mistake to make this play with top pair. Think about what happens when you lead out. If villain missed the flop completely, he will fold, so you don't get any value for your hand. If villain has you beat, he can call or raise, meaning you're playing a BIG pot out of position with a marginal hand. It's far better to check to the raiser and then call his bet. He'll be c-betting almost his entire range here. If he has AK or AQ or a hand like 99, you get your value by letting him c-bet bluff the flop. When you call, he will be worried you have top pair, so will likely check behind on the turn, allowing you to lead the river for value.
There's much more info on the importance of position on my latest blog.

Here, villain raises the flop. Why do you think he's doing this? There's a small chance he's semi-bluffing with the nut flush draw, but most of the time, this is a value-raise with a monster hand. He wants you to call the raise, because he can beat your hand. You should be folding to the flop raise, because villain is telling you he has you beat.
You call and see the turn which gives you trips. Now you correctly check to the raiser, and he makes a pot-sized bet. He appears to be going for maximum value. His most likely hands are 88 (that had a set and just made a boat) or AJ/KJ. If villain had bet smaller, I might call or even re-raise for value/protection, but this bet shows villain is committing to get his stack in. He is confident he has you beat.
You call and the river brings an ace. Why are you betting out here? You're not beating anything but bluffs. If villain was semi-bluffing a flush draw, it missed, so he's not paying you off. If he has AJ, he just rivered a boat. KJ also has you beat and is always calling.
It turns out that villain actually had AA and hit a 2-outer on the river. He was very lucky here. His PSB on the turn was a big mistake, because he should have definitely given you credit for a jack after you bet-called the flop. If I'd had AA, I'd check the turn for pot-control.
Now he has the virtual nuts, he should be raising all in on the river, because the only hand that beats him is quad jacks.

In future, before you make a bet or raise, ask yourself if you can get called by worse (so it's a value bet) or if you can make better hands fold (so it's a bluff). If you can't get value, or fold out better hands, don't make the bet. With top pair or trips, in a pot that was opened by someone else, just call his bets, so you get to showdown in a medium-sized pot. If you build a big pot, you're usually only getting action from a monster. Trip jacks with a queen kicker is not quite a monster; there are too many hands that beat it.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 28, 2013, 03:37 PM
(#18)
Hi PoliticoV,
Please let us know when you have passed the cash game quiz. When it is done we can move on to the next step!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 29, 2013, 02:22 AM
(#19)
I thought that it was a bad luck losing my hand. But after your hand analysis, I realised that I made so many mistakes and hence lost much money. Thanks alot Arty !

Hi HokyPokyToo, I am unable to complete the cash quiz because it says " you passed another quiz recently, please try again later" whenever I try to start the quiz. In reality, I have not passed any quiz recently, in fact I have not even tried to pass any quiz. Is it some kind of glitch ?

Please help me.
Thank you !

Old
Mon Apr 29, 2013, 04:43 AM
(#20)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoliticoV View Post
Hi HokyPokyToo, I am unable to complete the cash quiz because it says " you passed another quiz recently, please try again later" whenever I try to start the quiz. In reality, I have not passed any quiz recently, in fact I have not even tried to pass any quiz. Is it some kind of glitch ?
Hello,

You will need to contact support@pokerschoolonline.com and let them know what you are experiencing. One of the tech team will then be able to investigate for you

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com