Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL - 3-Betting NIT raise on Dry Flop

Old
2NL - 3-Betting NIT raise on Dry Flop - Mon Apr 22, 2013, 09:24 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Hey guys.

Villeins were both NIT's.

I C-bet about half pot, one of these guys was extremely fit or fold.
The other NIT Raises just over min, this one C-bets every flop about 3bb. Raise looks small, size+calling range+flop doesn't add up so I 3-bet. Any thoughts?

Thanks for reading.

Old
Mon Apr 22, 2013, 09:35 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi low rated,

I think I am folding when a nit raises me and I have nothing, it's no decision really. You're talking about him continuation betting flops and his c-bet sizing, but it's not the situation here so I'm not seeing the relevance... you're c-betting and he's raising you. The raise doesn't look small to me it looks normal for someone holding 33 or a ten, trying to tie you into the pot. If you think he's full of it then reraising as you did with the sizing you chose is a great way to rep holding a ten, but I think this is a one stop shot, if he doesn't fold immediately I'd shut it down and not put any more money in the pot.

Really though, it's totally ok to just fold when a nit raises you. They don't do it very often and tend to have the goods when they do.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 23, 2013, 07:17 AM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2012
Thanks Dave.

I usually let them have it when they raise 9/10. I figured he was looking at my C-bet stat and started to realise I was exploiting him. I didn't want to commit too much chips with the 3-bet since the actual action of 3-betting is enough to rattle a NIT trying to make a stand, at least my sizing was good . I was going to shut it down if he called or 4-bet me, never giving NIT's action unless I have it.

Cheers.

Old
Tue Apr 23, 2013, 10:42 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Rated View Post
I figured he was looking at my C-bet stat and started to realise I was exploiting him.
I would suggest it's best to not assume a 2NL nit is 1) looking at stats or 2) coming to such realizations. Or for that matter 3) capable of making such a move.

If he starts playing back at you with some regularity then perhaps some of that is happening, but without such evidence I'd recommend just going about exploiting him business as usual.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com