Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$15.00+$1.50 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XI (125/250) AJs

Old
$15.00+$1.50 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XI (125/250) AJs - Tue Apr 23, 2013, 06:05 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
Is my hand good enough to push? Is calling mistake? By the way I put hand into SNG wizard, It shows "push all" because of chips in the pot.
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Last edited by Shichi-77; Wed Apr 24, 2013 at 07:02 AM..

Old
Wed Apr 24, 2013, 08:13 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi Schichi-77

Calling is a mistake. With just 14 big blinds in our stack we can't afford to flat call a raise, the reason being is because we will be check/folding the flop more often than not and some of the time we will flop second pair and feel committed to the pot because of how short stacked we are.

I would shove the AJs for sure, because of all the dead money in the pot we are likely to be called by worse some of the time. We also have some fold equity so I expect some of our villains to fold to our shove. Considering that there is a tremendous amount of money out there to be won and that our hand plays very well against our villains range, I'm getting it in.

Cheers, Chris.

Old
Wed Apr 24, 2013, 09:17 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2012
Thanks, Chris

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com