Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

New 360's...

Old
New 360's... - Tue Apr 23, 2013, 05:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
Not sure when these were added,or if there is already a thread about them,but I just noticed them in the Micro SNG lobby.

$0.50 360 man SNG's

Hadn't seen any mention of them here in the Forum,maybe I missed it,maybe these are that new. Not sure.

But we all have played those .10 360's at one time or another. Many still do and successfully.

These .50 ones are the exact same in structure: 3 minute blind levels,start with 1500 chips,antes come out Level 10.

Payout structure is the same % wise as well and 36 get paid (10% of the field).

To me the main attraction of these,beside being a fairly low-level investment to try and improve one's Turbo game,if that is something one wants to do (myself,when/if Americans get back on Stars for money I definitely want to bone up on,improve and play more Turbo's...so many great value Turbo options have been added since 4/15/2011...talent goes where the money is,value whores go where the value is...),is the same as the .10 360's---tougher to cash by a little bit at 10%,but a trade off I'm in favor of to know that even a min-cash is getting me back nearly 2.5 buy-ins on my investment. So roughly a 1.5 profit on a min-cash. Always liked that about the dime 360's and it stays intact here.

And like the dime 360's the reward for getting a top 4 finish in these is pretty sexy,considering the investment. 4th pays $13.77,so like the $2.75 for 4th in the .10 360's you're getting back 27.5 times your buy-in. So if all you were capable of doing over a 27 game stretch was that 1 4th you would break even...a few pennies ahead actually. And 1st,2nd and 3rd are pretty fat for a 360 player field that requires a 2 hour time investment to ship it,tops. $33.29 for 1st,$24.30 for 2nd and $18.30 for 3rd.

Sweet.

I can see these being a nice bridge game for PSO'ers who have played the .10 360's,are grinding the .25 and .50 45/90 man SNG's and are eyeballing the 180 man SNG's that start at $1.00. Though the $1.00 level ones being Hyper-Turbos may deter some from playing them.

Nice add by Stars here and yet ANOTHER game I would be playing,provided my dumber than a bag of hammers government would ever get around to pulling their collective heads out of their collective asses and our collective freedoms.

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Tue Apr 23, 2013 at 05:26 PM..

Old
Wed Apr 24, 2013, 11:52 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Just my opinion: 3 minute blinds and we're talking of a push - shove - fold strategy. Pedal to the metal for most of the game. Few nits to steal from as nits seldom sit at ultras. More about out flopping than out playing. Feeds our lust for the gamer within us rather than the game we play at.

You know I respect you Mox. Not criticizing. Each to his own, but I for one am not a fan of turbos. Or a quick sit down for a bit of poker.

"....provided my dumber than a bag of hammers government would ever get around to pulling their collective heads out of their collective asses and our collective freedoms."

Got a feeling we're getting close to a resolution. Betting (ok hoping) you'll be able to internet satellite into WSOP in 2014.

Old
Wed Apr 24, 2013, 03:10 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLetterman View Post
Just my opinion: 3 minute blinds and we're talking of a push - shove - fold strategy. Pedal to the metal for most of the game. Few nits to steal from as nits seldom sit at ultras. More about out flopping than out playing. Feeds our lust for the gamer within us rather than the game we play at.

You know I respect you Mox. Not criticizing. Each to his own, but I for one am not a fan of turbos. Or a quick sit down for a bit of poker.

"....provided my dumber than a bag of hammers government would ever get around to pulling their collective heads out of their collective asses and our collective freedoms."

Got a feeling we're getting close to a resolution. Betting (ok hoping) you'll be able to internet satellite into WSOP in 2014.

100% agree on the push/fold strategy being where we're going to be at in these Red. That's the rule for Turbos in general and why they're not everyone's cup of tea. They certainly weren't mine when US players were on here before,I generally tried to avoid them like the plague after I started playing the non-turbo .25 45/90 man games.

With 3 minute levels the 360's are actually kind of on the fence between standard Turbos (the .10/$50 added MTT's and the .50 45/90 man SNG's) with their 5 minute levels and the Hypers. I think the big differences and what keeps the 360's from being straight up Hypers is the antes nit coming out to Level 10,whereas the Hypers drop antes on you from the jump.

(BTW,in checking out the different structures I just noticed that the .02 Hypers now have 1500 staring chips...is that also new? Didn't they used to start with 500 chips?

But since our forced exile I've read up on push/fold and ICM strategies and that's one advantage we PSO'ers have over a lot of the mainly recreational ATC types that will populate these games: we DO (most of us...) study and take advantage of the training tools and advice and lessons in front of us.

Turbos will always have more variance,Hell let's admit it,outright LUCK,to them than other slower and deeper stacked structures. No argument. But that doesn't mean that they aren't players out there with edges on most of the field and really a player with a good understanding of push/fold ranging is going to have that edge here.

Basically for players that do like the Turbo structure I think this is a game they would be all over.

BTW,grats on the ticket bink. Hope you can move them for a nice score.

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Wed Apr 24, 2013 at 03:18 PM..

Old
Wed Apr 24, 2013, 04:07 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
(BTW,in checking out the different structures I just noticed that the .02 Hypers now have 1500 staring chips...is that also new? Didn't they used to start with 500 chips?
I think they've had 1500 starting chips for some time, but players still treat that tourney as if it's a game of poker dice.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 24, 2013, 04:28 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
Tried it and lucky enough to bink one and some cashes on my 1st 10 set of session but on 2nd set got 2 minimal cashes as the high variance hit.

Still remember some tips you gave me Moxie during my grind in 0.10 360.

"Keep stacks healthy until the push/fold level", as it is almost useless to have monster hand when you got only less than 5 BB midway to the minimum cash.

PH

Old
Wed Apr 24, 2013, 10:06 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
I think they've had 1500 starting chips for some time, but players still treat that tourney as if it's a game of poker dice.

I dunno Arty,I'm almost sure it was 500 chips to start before in the .02's. I remember the rule for them being that if you hadn't shoved SOMETHING in the first orbit then you were playing them wrong,because you were pretty much just blinding and ante'ing out. With 1500 chips to start that wouldn't be the case,you would have to be aggressive yes,but not in a "must ship something the first orbit" mode. And that was definitely the case when I could play them and indeed when Blackholden asked for advice on them a couple weeks back or so I pretty much said you had to shove first orbit then. Wouldn't have said that with 1500 chips.

I just looked and the $1 Hyper-Turbo 180 man's are still 2 minute levels and 500 chips to start and I remember them and the 2-centers as having the same structure before.

Old
Wed Apr 24, 2013, 10:09 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PINOY_HITMAN View Post
Tried it and lucky enough to bink one and some cashes on my 1st 10 set of session but on 2nd set got 2 minimal cashes as the high variance hit.

Still remember some tips you gave me Moxie during my grind in 0.10 360.

"Keep stacks healthy until the push/fold level", as it is almost useless to have monster hand when you got only less than 5 BB midway to the minimum cash.

PH

Sweet Pinoy. I know you can crush these man. GL,GL.

I wonder if that dude who posted here a few months back who had played something like 25K of the .10's has seen these games yet. I'm sure Kockapoker will have about 15 tables of these going as soon as he sees them,lol.

Old
Wed Apr 24, 2013, 10:23 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
I'm sure Kockapoker will have about 15 tables of these going as soon as he sees them,lol.
I hear ya there... along with a few others.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 24, 2013, 10:33 PM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Mox,

It was 500 chips to start (think they changed it after BF). I played 2 of those when we could play and said..... NEVER AGAIN!!!!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 24, 2013, 10:53 PM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2010
Quote:
Sweet Pinoy. I know you can crush these man. GL,GL.

I wonder if that dude who posted here a few months back who had played something like 25K of the .10's has seen these games yet. I'm sure Kockapoker will have about 15 tables of these going as soon as he sees them,lol.
Yah Mox, If i'm not mistaken his ID has some wolf on it

Kockapoker is almost everywhere in this micro and got him tag.

After the Red Spade Open i will try to grind it and hoping still be on +ve profit.

Good Luck everyone at the tables.

PH

Old
Thu Apr 25, 2013, 10:37 AM
(#11)
Since: Jan 2011
Cheers Moxie

I really don't like playing turbos and would never normally go anywhere near these shove fold fests, but after reading your post I decided to give them a go.

First one was encouraging with 44th, second was way off at 313th, third bagged me $2.59 for 11th to keep me interested, fourth was a blank and the fifth I managed to take down for £33.29!

Might take the 'quit while I'm ahead' line now. As luck, as has been said, does play a very big part in them and I burned plenty to cash in two of five. Think you could play a lot of them without getting anywhere near the cash.

Once again cheers for a great, well thought out and inspirational post. something you seem to do a lot of

Gonna get on the phone to your Mr Obama and have a word about getting you guys back on. He seems like a reasonable fella.

Old
Thu Apr 25, 2013, 12:50 PM
(#12)
Since: Oct 2011
Congrats Steve! Sounds like you had some rungood there. I've only played a few turbos and I was pretty pleased just to min-cash in a couple of them. I imagine you'd have to win half a dozen races or more to come out on top, so quitting while you're ahead sounds like a good idea, as you can add to your bankroll for the slower structures you normally play and experience shorter swings of variance.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com