Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

50NL : KTo 3-bet against loose btn

Old
50NL : KTo 3-bet against loose btn - Fri Apr 26, 2013, 08:33 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
Hi All,

The opponent on the btn is a 18/14 TAG with an insane 80% steal on the btn over 90 hands.

preflop: for the obvious aforementioned reasons I 3-bet resteal on the bb with KTo. I had done the same thing 2 times before and he folded both of them. As far as my sizing is concerned I don't like it myself; I would prefer 3.5$.

flop: I c-bet fairly big with m gutshot to the nuts and he calls. After this call I put him on a non-premium A or a J who decided to peel once.

turn: at this point it gets interesting. I decide to second barrel to basically put him on a stack decision with a weak A(didn't expect him to have the A he had) and make him fold his Js. I think this one is a bit suspicious at best. Should I have simply check/folded on the turn(because even though he opens 80% on the btn I don't know the range he's calling a 3-bet with ).

river: not much to be said here. ship it to the donkey with the gutshot

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hand...579_5791636B77

Seeing the hand again now, I think it should have gone:
preflop: 3-bet to 3.5$ --> pot 7.25$
flop: c-bet 4.5$
turn: check/fold

Does this line sound decent?

Thnx!

Old
Sat Apr 27, 2013, 04:41 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi f1n,

Against such a wide opener, I think defending with KT is good here and we can actually do it by 3-betting or calling. If we elect to call we will be able to continue on any board connection with some good confidence vs. his super wide range as it flops a lot of weak hands and air. We can also pick some board textures that are good for our calling range to represent so we're not just playing pure fit or fold, since his holding will be relatively weak post flop.

3-betting is perfectly fine of course, if we are constantly restealing from him though he may well pick up on this and that we are unbalanced and play back at us more, effectively re-restealing. If we are going to have a calling range here then 2 broadways in the mix should be a reasonable part of it. Personally I like having a calling range as it keeps my 3-betting more balanced and makes me more unpredictable and harder to steal from... just make sure if you do that you're not calling 100% to fit or fold, otherwise that is easily exploitable as well.

So, your revised line:

Quote:
Seeing the hand again now, I think it should have gone:
preflop: 3-bet to 3.5$ --> pot 7.25$
flop: c-bet 4.5$
turn: check/fold

Does this line sound decent?
3.50-3.75 pre, yes. I don't think we need to c-bet so big, almost 2/3rds pot, on this board texture. Either he's got an ace or he doesn't type of thing, if he's taking a flop with 99 he'll fold to another $3.50, so with a smaller c-bet we can save $1 when he's hit this one.

Check/fold the turn would be good imo... especially for the larger c-bet size I doubt he's calling the big preflop 3b with 2 broadways then floating the flop with a jack. I would expect him to have at least an ace frequently here... and he's not folding an ace to a turn barrel if he got this far with it, regardless of kicker size.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com