Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

50NL 6max Thank you and best of luck.PSO

Old
50NL 6max Thank you and best of luck.PSO - Sat Apr 27, 2013, 02:41 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
This isn't for me I'm just sick of the suck outs no matter at what stakes you play.

Bust my BR >>best of luck guys<< tracker software may help with multiple volume on many tables and with filtered positional action.

Believe it or not?

Sunday 1 chance or I'm gone.

Old
Sat Apr 27, 2013, 05:14 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2011
Hey Forrest.

Did u really crushed you're roll? Sure those suckouts are sad but I always try to think on suckouts I did make.
I really get suckout in allin situtations when I did get it in with the best hand but also sometimes I do get it allin as second best and my hand gets better with the board. It's the variance in poker but indeed sometimes very annoying.

Why u don't go play lower stakes to rebuild it? I do that all the time, this month tried 10NL lost some buyins due to suckouts and bad play and dropped to 5NL and got those buyins back reall quick. So second change for 10NL on it's way. Besides that I think variance on Zoom is even bigger than the regular tables.

Best of luck Forrest

Old
Sat Apr 27, 2013, 06:09 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2011
The suckouts are as important as your bankroll allow them to be.

What I mean is that if you are sufficiently rolled for the stakes u r playing, the swings of variance shouldn't affect you that much. Say you have 4k $ BR and u r playing 50NL; losing 4 or 5 stacks doesn't affect u at all. If however, you only have 1k $ and u lose 4BI at 50NL u r already down to 800.

Therefore if you feel frustrated by the swings, I would suggest you drop down stakes or even change games(try some 45-man, 27-man) to pull your game together.

All the best FF

Old
Sat Apr 27, 2013, 11:35 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
I have to agree with both posters
If you busted your bankroll, that means you were playing the wrong stakes. So many people don't realize how important bankroll management is.

Suck outs will always happen, I see it every day when I play

If you want my suggestion, start over at the lowest stake for your bankroll and climb up, but don't forget to drop down in stake when your bankroll drops.

Old
Sat Apr 27, 2013, 04:23 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
**moved to more appropriate forum JWK24**

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Apr 27, 2013, 07:40 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Forrest, I went back to check the Team 6-max thread, because I totally remembered you having so many of these same things happening to you then - as we all did (and still do ... ).

Here's a hand you posted of you losing our stack with KK < 44:

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...993_0ECB071725

Full house vs Quad maybe isn't as bad as getting it in good and losing to a runner runner flush. But you did wind up making your buy-in back a couple of days later, this time with a quad vs full house AA > AQo:

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...885_9267537586

So ... the variance has always been there. What was interesting to see though were your thoughts on zoom versus regular tables at the time:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestFive View Post
What you should or shouldn't do dependent on reads is tough on the regular tables but at least you get to see many showdowns to help. I found in Zoom too many stack decisions affects your game. OK I flop Quads and a few hands later I'm back up two stacks then maybe 10 minutes later I'm down three.

So just sticking to the regular 5NL tables and now about $40 profit since the start of the challenge.
Quote:
OK my last flurry at 1 table 5NL Zoom I got lucky. I have returned to regular 5NL tables to avoid the huge slice / hook swings.
Quote:
Hi,

Did I have a moan about playing Zoom before?

It's funny the first time I use some free software that can show a graph. It means everything - So from 6000 to 9000 hands I'm flipping approximately 2.5 stacks at 5NL. Then regular tables gave a bit of dynamic and grind. Now the Zoom trend repeats itself.

Update is a graph - just results orientated now.

Seemed like you had a real talent for regular tables, so if you still have the love for poker and wanted to rebuild your roll, maybe that'd be a way to do it that might have less variance? I know you could do it, if you wanted to!!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com