flush - Sat Apr 27, 2013, 08:38 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013

Should i be re raising this flush even though an ace flush is possible

Old
Sat Apr 27, 2013, 11:50 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
I'd probably just call the river, because it's hard to get called by worse if you raise. Not only is it possible that villain has the nut flush (or even a straight flush with 65cc) but you'll also run into a full house occasionally, as 99 and 33 might have slowplayed a set, and 87s got there on the river.

I'd bet the flop, by the way. Villain didn't c-bet, so your semi-bluff with 2 overs and a flush draw has a fair amount of fold equity and pretty good showdown equity against everything but a set. If your stab on the flop gets called, you win a bigger pot if you turn the flush, but you'll also be in position to take a free card if you miss.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Apr 27, 2013, 12:40 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
I'd bet the flop, by the way.
I agree. I'm making a value bet on the flop. Then, if the turn checks to me again and I didn't hit, I'll check behind and see the river for free. I don't like checking 2 streets in a row and try to avoid it, as I want to have at least one opportunity in a hand to win the pot.
I'm calling the river too.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Apr 27, 2013, 12:44 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2013
Yh i like to check my draws out of position and im not so sure in position if i completely nothing on that flop and they checked to me i would of betted just for showing weakness but when i have a draw i check anyway because the last time i raised on the button with a draw villain re raised so i kind of started checking draws.

Il try betting them in position depending on the player

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com