Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Am I a nit ? :) $3.00+$0.30 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XIII (200/400) QQ

Old
Am I a nit ? :) $3.00+$0.30 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XIII (200/400) QQ - Sat Apr 27, 2013, 03:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
Hello,
Villain 5 VP20/PR20/3bet25, Villain 2 VP23/PR18/3Bet0.
My thoughts was, that villain 5 should understand, I'm big stack and I raised From UTG , villain 2 should understand he don't have fold equity and he 4bets. After 3bet I don't have fold equity with villain 5. how often will I be ahead hear? was fold after such action right decision? If it where jaks I wouldn't have questions. I was ready to 4bet Villain 5 if there wasn't villain 2. and of course I would shove If I hadn't 50BBs ,even with 25 BBs I would shove
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Mon Apr 29, 2013, 01:51 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shichi-77 View Post
Hello,
Villain 5 VP20/PR20/3bet25, Villain 2 VP23/PR18/3Bet0.
My thoughts was, that villain 5 should understand, I'm big stack and I raised From UTG , villain 2 should understand he don't have fold equity and he 4bets. After 3bet I don't have fold equity with villain 5. how often will I be ahead hear? was fold after such action right decision? If it where jaks I wouldn't have questions. I was ready to 4bet Villain 5 if there wasn't villain 2. and of course I would shove If I hadn't 50BBs ,even with 25 BBs I would shove
I like your reasoning.

Tough one! I'm assuming that you don't have many hands on either of the villains because 20/20/25 is disturbingly aggressive and 23/18/0 is aggressive too.

Assuming you had lets say 10 - 50 hands on these guys, I think that folding QQ is just about best.
Although villain 5 has a high 3bet% he is 3betting our UTG raise from early position which shows a tremendous amount of strength, so now the guy that hasn't 3bet yet decides to cold 4bet all in....yikes. On a very aggressive table then I would go with our hand.
On a weaker table then I like to fold.

The decision making here boils down to any reads we have on our opponents. In your typical $3.30 rebuy mtt you won't have many guys 4bet shipping it all in without a monster hand and I think for this reason alone I like to fold.

Imo villain 2 is very rarely shoving worst than AQs ,JJ and if this is the case then we have 52% equity. Now some players will shove wider than this and some players will shove narrower than this. So ultimately it boils down to how you range the 2 guys.

Call 40% fold 60% imo

Cheers, Chris.

Last edited by ChewMe1; Mon Apr 29, 2013 at 01:54 PM..

Old
Mon Apr 29, 2013, 02:14 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2012
Thanks, Villain 5 showed JJ, Villain 2 AKs .

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com