Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$3.00+$0.30 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XIII (200/400) AQs

Old
$3.00+$0.30 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XIII (200/400) AQs - Sat Apr 27, 2013, 03:54 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
Hi
Do I have to raise him here ? Just thought he is loose enough to call or even re-raise me with even T2 stats , VP26/PR7/3bet 6.
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Mon Apr 29, 2013, 01:32 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi Schichi-77

You certainly don't have to raise here, although raising wouldn't be a terrible thing to do. My decision in these spots are heavily based on my opponents tendencies. Have we seen him donk bet the flop before? If so then did he slow down on the turn? Does he often defend the blinds? These are the questions we ought to be asking ourselves before we decide what we want to do.

Vs most player types I would like to call, we have 2 over cards and backdoor spades as well as the positional advantage, and quite possibly the best hand.

I think I'm calling the donk bet 60% of the time and raising 30%, and folding 10%.

I used to raise these spots much more often than I do now but it feels as if even the weaker players amongst us now days see our raise as weakness/semi bluff.

Cheers, Chris.

Old
Mon Apr 29, 2013, 02:23 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2012
Thanks a lot

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com