Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Trouble with video library

Old
Trouble with video library - Sat Apr 27, 2013, 05:38 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
When trying to play video tutorials from the library I get the message 'Error loading media. File could not be played'.

This is happening with the more recent videos, the older ones play OK. I have windows 7. Do I need to install another media player?

Old
Sat Apr 27, 2013, 05:45 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi fyrefli!

These all use the flashplayer, so make sure that your flash player is updated. www.adobe.com

I'm on win 7 and IE9 with the most recent flash player and they're working fine for me.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed May 08, 2013, 01:17 PM
(#3)
Thanks. It works on IE but not on Friefox

Old
Wed May 08, 2013, 01:17 PM
(#4)
Firefox

Old
Wed May 08, 2013, 06:50 PM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2011
Hi fyrefli,

This thread may help u sort out ur problems
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...ems-in-Firefox

Last post maybe ur problem as it was for me on my XP PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLetterman View Post
I could not play any type of vid in FireFox. Since August. Tried everything, including Flash. Finally found a thread stating a conflict could occur if you have Real Player. I removed RealPlayer and FireFox is back to normal.
All Thee Best

Old
Tue Jun 11, 2013, 11:37 AM
(#6)
Since: May 2011
I'm having the same problem with 'Error loading media. File could not be played'

Running Windows 7 with Firefox 21.0. Flash Player is up to date (11.7.700.202). Also, don't have Real Player installed.

No problems if I use IE, but I hate IE and want to use Firefox.

Any ideas are welcome

Old
Tue Jun 11, 2013, 02:01 PM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2011
I've seen that error with Firefox too, but only on some videos. Most of the archived videos are in Flash format, and they work fine, but if I right-click on the ones that don't work it says "J player", which is something I've never even heard of. It's apparently available from http://jplayer.org/ but I wonder if I've got some sort of conflict with other video codecs. If I find a solution, I'll report back, but for now I'm having to use IE for the "broken" videos.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 11, 2013, 06:47 PM
(#8)
Since: Apr 2011
Hi, D-Con5 & ArtySmokesPS,

"jPlayer is the completely free and open source (MIT) media library written in JavaScript." http://jplayer.org/

You may have too update Java;

"From laptops to datacenters, game consoles to scientific supercomputers, cell phones to the Internet, Java is everywhere!

1.1 billion desktops run Java
930 million Java Runtime Environment downloads each year
3 billion mobile phones run Java
31 times more Java phones ship every year than Apple and Android combined
100% of all Blu-ray players run Java
1.4 billion Java Cards are manufactured each year
Java powers set-top boxes, printers, games, car navigation systems, ATMs, lottery terminals, medical devices, parking payment stations, and more.
"

http://www.java.com/en/about/

As i was Notified (from java autoupdate, I have ASK before update on) about few weeks ago that i need to update Java (for platform & security), so i did.
I hope this helps
All Thee Best

Old
Wed Jun 12, 2013, 02:45 PM
(#9)
ArtySmokesPS, I noticed the difference with "J Player" also and suspect this is part of the issue. Hope you can nail the solution. Until then it's IE for PSO videos!

Old
Wed Jun 12, 2013, 02:49 PM
(#10)
0HighTimes0, justed verified that my Java is up to date V7 update 21. Still no luck with the vids.

Old
Wed Jun 12, 2013, 04:25 PM
(#11)
Not much success with troubleshooting, even tried clearing the browser cache.
Noticed that current vids (June 10 and 11) play fine while vid from Jun 7 does not play. Some earlier vids play and some don't even though they all are using JWPlayer 6.4.3359.
For clarification I'm using Firefox 21 with W7 64 bit.
Given the information above, not sure the problem is really on "my end"

Old
Wed Jun 12, 2013, 04:34 PM
(#12)
Since: Mar 2011
I use Internet explorer 9 and all videos ive watched work

well once 1 didnt i was advised to clear cache and then it worked

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com