Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | |

Old
Arrow
[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | | - Mon Apr 29, 2013, 01:10 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2012
BronzeStar
Hi there,

I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to qualify for this promotion?

Old
Mon Apr 29, 2013, 02:06 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 30, 2013, 04:56 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed May 01, 2013, 08:22 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
and finished the course

Last edited by D0vydelis; Wed May 01, 2013 at 08:27 AM..

Old
Wed May 01, 2013, 11:17 PM
(#5)
Hand Analysis

Even though we are going to be at a positional advantage post flop our stack depth isn't big enough to maneuver as if there are multiple callers behind us the stack to pot ratio will be set up as to were we will be pot committed if any standard bet is made into us (or if we bet). I'd generally fold this hand and be looking to play a stronger range of hands. this hand is going to flop a lot of 2nd pair type of hands on most board textures which will leave us gun shy to bet for value.

Over all your post flop line is fine, I like that you checked back the flop for pot control and in hopes to turn the inside straight draw. Also, on the turn and river what range of hands were you trying to get value from? As it's super thin to be betting at 9-max unless the villains dynamic calls for our course of action
After all how many combos of Jx have us beat? J7 J8 J9 JT QJ KJ AJ JJ

Hope this helps.

I have moved your tournament hand to the NLHE Tournament Hand Analysis section, please >>click here<< to view your hand replay. An expert tournament hand analyzer will get to it within the day, please be patient.

Please only post full ring 9-max NLHE (real or play money) hand replays in your Bank Roll Builder thread as your training is focused primarily on this game format.

Great news!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Last edited by CannonLee; Wed May 01, 2013 at 11:19 PM..

Old
Thu May 02, 2013, 10:39 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar

1)put pressure on opponents, 2)protect against strong draws 3)gain value from their very strong hands
Finished all tasks

Last edited by D0vydelis; Thu May 02, 2013 at 02:58 PM..

Old
Fri May 03, 2013, 06:25 AM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi D0vydelis! I'll take a look at this hand.

You're in the small blind with AJs facing 2 limps. Although this is a pretty strong hand, I wouldn't always raise here, because you're in the worst possible position if you see a flop. I'd only raise with the hands that I'd open with UTG, and AJs is not quite strong enough. When out of position (OOP) I'd prefer to keep the pot small when I don't have a pair, because hands like AJ tend to win small pots and lose big ones. See my blog on considering postition when forming your pre-flop strategy.
As played, you raise to 10c which is a good size (3bb + 1bb per limper) and you get re-raised (3-bet). Villain is seldom bluffing here. 3-bets at 2NL are usually for value and the typical range you'll run into is QQ+/AK. AJs is crushed by that range. It's definitely a mistake to call this re-raise, because playing bloated pots OOP is a big leak.
You call and see a two-tone flop of T43. You check, but villain doesn't c-bet. Since his range is QQ+/AK, it's obvious to me that he has AK here, because he would surely bet with all his overpairs on the flop. The turn is the , so the flush gets there. There's a little scope for you to semi-bluff here with your gutshot, but I think AK is going to call, because that hand also has a gutshot. If villain holds the Ac or Kc, he'll have the flush draw too. Basicially, your bluff will only work if villain is particularly tight, and has something like AhKh. (There's also a slight chance that villain 3-bets AQ, in which case he's never folding TPTK!)
Villain calls and the river is another queen. This would be quite a good card to bet again, because your turn bet repped top pair as well as a flush. I certainly think you could get villain off AK here, if you bet half pot. Having said that, I don't really recommend bluffing at 2NL. Villains will call too often.

I think you recognise that this hand was quite a tricky one to play. You lost a bit of money, but it could have been much worse. If you'd hit a pair of aces, I'm pretty sure you'd lose your whole stack. After all, the final pot here was 80c and you both only had ace high! Your main mistake was not the semi-bluff on the turn. Your mistake was pre-flop. Next time you raise with AJ and get re-raised, the correct play is to muck. AJ is a decent hand to raise with in most positions, but it's a terrible hand in 3-bet pots, especially out of position.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Fri May 03, 2013 at 06:28 AM..

Old
Sun May 05, 2013, 09:26 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Hey, what's next?

Old
Sun May 05, 2013, 10:10 AM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0vydelis View Post
Hey, what's next?
Please let us know when you pass the Cash Game quiz (Step #3 in the post above)

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun May 05, 2013, 12:38 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
I passed the quiz few days ago

Old
Mon May 06, 2013, 08:48 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I passed the quiz few days ago
Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon May 06, 2013, 11:38 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Lost my stack, many of them here:

and here:

Old
Tue May 07, 2013, 05:54 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue May 07, 2013, 06:04 AM
(#14)
Hi,
Hand Analysis

Any suited aces that are below AT generally should be played in multi way pots as we are
trying to play them for a flush or flop the world with a full house or three of a kind,
majority of the time (our implied odds will be correct to call). Plus, we will be splitting the pot with all A8 and below on most board textures if just an A is present.

When in a heads up pot A8 has a very good chance of being out kicked by A9 AT AJ AQ AK or dominated JJ QQ KK AA. Calling villain4 raise while being on the button may be ok if we know a weaker player is going to call behind, this all depends on the reads we have on the players tendencies? (did you have any reads, was villain4 tight?) But let's take note of their open sizing of 4x the big blind...this is not a standard amount also the villains stack depth is 100bb..so right there is a good indication of strength, this tells me they are willing to play a big pot and the strength of their hand.

Post flop, when we re-raise to 30ish cents, what are we trying to get value from? Worse Ax or range that contains a diamond? I Like the line of taking the initiative in position. But when the diamond peels on the turn this is not the best turn card to barrel as it discounts cards from our range that contain a strong diamond and it's plausible the villain could have a diamond or possibly two pairs and a huge maybe Jx, which would leads us to shut down and check back the turn as we have extremely thin show down value.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Tue May 07, 2013, 06:28 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Lost my stack, many of them here:
Brilliant,

Your Bankroll Builder progress is moving along nicely and you will receive your 3rd bonus later today!

Step Three

Now we really want you to up your game! Your challenge is to earn 10 VPPs after getting today's buy-in.

Note that any VPPs that you have earned up to this point won't count, only those earned AFTER you get your 3rd buy-in.

When you hit your target of 10 VPPs we will award you with your final Bankroll Builder bonus. Let us know when you reach the target.

Best of Luck at the tables and let us know as soon as you have earned the 10 VPPs.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue May 07, 2013, 07:07 AM
(#16)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi D0vydelis! I'll analyse the hand.

Firstly, I notice you are playing 6-max. This promotion requires you to play on 9-handed full ring tables, as the strategy in the PSO courses is based on that format.

With A8 on the button facing a raise, you should generally fold pre-flop, although sometimes you could 3-bet re-raise in this spot as a bluff to try and get the CO to fold. You don't really want to see a flop with this hand, as your kicker is junk and you can't make a flush or straight using both cards. If you're to raise, then you should use a standard size, which would be three times the size of the initial raise. Minraising serves no purpose. Villain only needs to call an extra 4c into a 19c pot. He's certainly calling when the pot lays odds of almost 5 to 1!
Villain calls and the flop comes a two-tone AA4. Villains checks to the last raiser (you) and you check behind. This is a mistake. Slowplaying is a mistake, because it misses a street of value when you have the best hand, and allows villain to hit a draw free of charge. Checking also makes later streets harder to play, because you haven't defined your hand or narrowed villain's range. When you think you have the best hand, bet it for value, hoping to get called by worse.
The turn comes the 5c, which is a horrible card. Villain can have a flush here, and you let him hit it free of charge! Villain bets out, and you decide to raise. This is another mistake, just like the one you made in the hand Cannon analysed.
Think about what happens when you raise. Villain will fold all his worse hands (so you don't get any value), but will only continue with hands that beat you! This is the definition of "value-owning" yourself. You're bloating the pot when you're never getting action from worse. Villain calls, and he'll certainly do this with all made flushes and strong aces. He shows up with A9s, which is probably the bottom of his range for calling here, but even the bottom of his calling range has you beat.
I'm afraid to say that you played this hand badly at each stage. With a marginal hand, fold pre-flop, and don't build a big pot post-flop unless you are certain you have the best hand.

Remember to play on full 9-handed tables in future.
Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 01, 2013, 02:06 PM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Hi. Sadly, I lost all my bankroll, maybe you can transfer last 2$ of this promotion?

Old
Sat Jun 01, 2013, 05:28 PM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi. Sadly, I lost all my bankroll, maybe you can transfer last 2$ of this promotion?
Hey there,

Sure, but you'll need to post the hand(s) where you lost the 3rd bonus with using the hand replayer. Once we analyse them for you we can get your final bonus to you

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 14, 2013, 08:23 AM
(#19)
BronzeStar
this is hand where i lost 3rd bonus

Last edited by D0vydelis; Sat Jun 15, 2013 at 06:35 AM..

Old
Sat Jun 15, 2013, 06:53 AM
(#20)
Hi,
Hand Analysis

We are sitting with about 90bb and T9o does have some merit seeing a flop, although generally this hand should be folded as it is very vulnerable to being out kicked and we'll flop most of the time 2nd pair type of hands.

Post flop, I like the flop call to re-evaluate the turn, this board will hit a lot of the villain's range.

On the turn, I'd just fold, we have like 15% equity in the pot, which means if we call off our stack for $1.70 we can expect to win 15% of it back in the long run which is a -EV play.

Hope this helps.

Good luck and good decisions.
CannonLee

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com