Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6max Zoom #1 - can we ever call down?

Old
10NL 6max Zoom #1 - can we ever call down? - Mon Apr 29, 2013, 02:14 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
Hi everyone,

So it looks like it is not only a downswing at 10NL 6max zoom but I am really not able to beat these games. About 120k hands in and I am still a break even player. This tells me that I am far from playing optimal poker and am probably making a ton of mistakes and burning money in situations which can be easily avoided. I apologize in advance but it looks like I am going to be spamming you with a lot of hands from now until I finally improve my game and beat these silly nano stakes (most of those spots might seem trivial for you but they confuse me a lot)

The worst thing is that this is just 10NL!!! I wonder what it takes to be profitable at 100NL and above?

The villain in this hand is basically an unknown shortstacked 1 tabler. Do we fold OTT, OTR or is there ever a reson for calling him down all the way?

Last edited by TommyGun369; Mon Apr 29, 2013 at 05:51 PM..

Old
Mon Apr 29, 2013, 05:34 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Replayer error: No data found

Old
Mon Apr 29, 2013, 05:49 PM
(#3)
Works for me but I will upload it again

Old
Mon Apr 29, 2013, 06:00 PM
(#4)
Actually as I am looking at the hand now I am starting to realize what a silly question it is to ask if we can go bluff catching for all 3 streets... Every single draw got there, every worse queen made 2 pair or a straight basically everything which flopped some equity got there so I have to put him on a stone cold bluff to even consider calling. It's probably best to fold OTT. Facing an utg range and 2 barrels should be enough for me to fold. The only thing that does not make sense from his part is the bet sizing... but hey 1 tablers tend to do stupid things anyway so that read is nothing more than a costly assumption

Old
Mon Apr 29, 2013, 06:10 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
Hey Tommy,
Works fine now.

preflop: ok
OTF: ok
Turn: is a fold; against a range of { KK-JJ, AQs+, KJs+, AQo+, KJo+ } we have 16% Equity the pot odds are 23% and I don't think we have any implied odds if we hit a T OTR
The board is so coordinated and we are facing a second barrel; there are many hands that might c/c turn - even AA might not bet turn.

Old
Tue Apr 30, 2013, 04:03 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hey Tommy,

first off let me say I think it's great that you post all those hands, it shows that you are striving to work on your game which already puts you ahead of the majority of your competition

Discussing your hands on PSO will help you greatly with this so keep your head up and hang in there.

Against an unknown shorty you could 3-bet smallish pre planning to fold to a shove or flatcall like you did. I'd also call flop since we can be ahead of a few hands from both villain's bluffing and valuerange. Turn changes a lot since many of his value- and bluffing hands that we were beating OTF have improved. I'd fold without any specific reads here.

As played I'd ofc also fold river.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com