Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

25c 45-Man SNG - Pocket Jacks

Old
25c 45-Man SNG - Pocket Jacks - Mon Apr 29, 2013, 02:36 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
Middle stages of the tournament - about 24 players left.

I had only joined the table 10 hands ago, so no reads. However, this was the first hand that the main villain had played. I had originally called in the button to try to outplay him post-flop, but the blind's 3-bet shove and the villain's 4-bet threw a wrench in those plans.

Did I still play this right?

Old
Mon Apr 29, 2013, 09:51 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi Christxof,

Stacks are too short here to worry about playing post flop. Effective stack size is only 23 BBs. We will face over cards and Cbets on the majority of flops. This is a bad scenario for pockets Js.

I would much prefer a 3bet in this spot to get it in preflop. We can expect action fairly often I think also vs a 3x open from early position.

We won't be worried about the stacks in SB & BB as they are even smaller than the opener.

Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com