Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6max Zoom #3 - bluff the river?

Old
10NL 6max Zoom #3 - bluff the river? - Mon Apr 29, 2013, 02:41 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012

Only have 70 hands on the villain so the stats are not that reliable but he seems to be playing pretty tight with 16/14 preflop, 100% flop cbet (out of 3 times), 0% turn cbet (out of 1 time) and so far he used 2/3 opportunities to steal from SB.

I decided to float him on the flop with a GS and 2 overs and tried to take down the pot on the turn. He check calls and checks he river. This obviously does not show a ton of strength so do you think that another stab on the river is a profitable play? The problem is that I cannot really define his range here and have no idea what hand he might cbet and then check call the turn?? For me the only reasonable hand seems to be stubborn AK high or 33,44,55 and all those hands should fold to a river bet?

Old
Mon Apr 29, 2013, 07:23 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
I think this is one of those spots where we have to fire river after we bet turn.
You could have checked back turn instead and bet river if he checks again.

Old
Tue Apr 30, 2013, 10:09 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Tommy,

I think when he check/calls the turn the only hands he does this with are showdown value hands, probably the bottom of that range being big aces, and a lot of pairs. Blind v blind he can easily have a weak 7, 44, etc. The profitability of bluffing here is probably marginal... he may release ace high or an underpair to a decent sized bet, but blind v blind is probably the most likely place to get looked up light, especially when all flopped draws miss. Since ten high has no showdown value I think it's fine to try, but it's thin blind v blind.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com