Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Tilt and bad beat

Old
Tilt and bad beat - Tue Apr 30, 2013, 11:01 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hy
I have some problems with loosing hands with best hands, like AK, AA, KK against A9, or 56, or any strange cards that you can imagine, and the problem is that what I've raised in 1 month is going in 1 night when every thing is starting with this bad fk beatsor bad luck or i don't now. I love poker, not like a gambling, like a game but is destroying my brains, my mood and MONEY
I need some advice PLEASE PLEASE? maybe i'm not made for poker, should i stop playing? But how can i make 50$ with 10$ and loosing in 1 day with best hands????

Old
Tue Apr 30, 2013, 11:29 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
**moved to better fitting forum JWK24**

Take a look at the way the hands played out or were bet. They may be bad luck, there may be other problems that are causing them. Without seeing some of the hands, there's no way to tell.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
10x - Tue Apr 30, 2013, 11:40 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
I will try to post hands, but i don't know how to. I need to record every table i play and wait for the bad hand or how?

Old
Tue Apr 30, 2013, 12:06 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Hello,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline. Here's a short video about PSO and what it has to offer you. Also check out >>This Page<< for more info.

We're here to help you so please feel free to ask any questions you may have and thank you for being a member of PokerSchoolOnline. There is a list of all the recorded videos you can access here. Dave has a video showing you how to use the hand replayer and odds calculator.

Good luck
Doug

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 30, 2013, 01:14 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
If you take a bad beat, try clicking the red icon next to the results that appear in the chat box, as that will upload a replay on the BOOM! website, so you'll be able to post a link to it.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 30, 2013, 04:08 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAK_11 View Post
I will try to post hands, but i don't know how to. I need to record every table i play and wait for the bad hand or how?

Hi ATAK_11.

It's not hard to learn to post hands for analysis here and doing so can be a big help in moving your game along. Remember---good poker is about DECISIONS,NOT RESULTS.

Results will vary and the smaller the sample size the more room for wild swings. You can make the correct plays a large percentage of the time and get your brains beat in,then turn around and make a couple huge mistakes and win it all back. It happens.

But if you concentrate on making the right play,over and over and over again,the majority of the time,then over the long haul the results will follow.

Here's how to upload a hand into the replayer and the post it...

STEP 1: Upper left of the screen when you're at a table,you'll see the option for Previous Hand. Click on the and find the hand that you want to save.

STEP 2: When you have clicked on the hand in question then right click when the hand is shown on your screen (the hand history,NOT the replay visualization of the hand...) and click on SELECT ALL. Then right click again and click on COPY.

STEP 3: Go to the Home Page of the PSO,scroll down and find the TOOLS box on the bottom right of the page and click on the top option there---Hand Replayer.

STEP 4: Once the Replayer screen loads you'll see a group of icons on the top of the page.

First Icon: The Blue + sign. Click on that. A box will pop up,paste the hand you saved there. After you see the hand history appear in the box,ascertain that it's the correct hand and then click on the "Read Data" tab under the box. You'll now see the hand come up in the list below,with a hand ID and other information. Scroll down and click on the "Quick Save" tab under the list box,can't miss it,it's highlighted in green.

Second Icon: After the hand is uploaded and saved go back to the icons at the top of the page and click on the light blue icon the looks like a chain link to the left of the blue + sign. You'll now see a box pop up with the replay hand id number in it. Right click on this,click on the SELECT ALL option when it pops up and then right click again and select COPY. Your hand is now saved and ready to import to the forum section of your choice.

STEP 5: Find the proper Forum section for your hand (MTT/SNG analysis,Ring tables...) and if you are starting a new thread click on the New Topic box and go from there. If adding the hand to an existing thread just proceed as you normally would. When you are ready to post the hand simply right click and hit paste. Easy Peasy.

STEP 6 : Piece of advice here---if you want actual hand analysis to help improve your game the Bad Beat section is not where you want to be,even if it was a tough beat. You'll do better to post in an analysis section,with a query into what possible option(s) you could have taken to change the outcome and any and all pertinent information you can include (reads,type of tournament or SNG if posting in that section...).

Please do NOT use the analysis sections just for Bad Beat gripes though,that's NOT helping you or anyone else and the mods will just move the hand anyway.

Hope this helps.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com