Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

its me again ;o

Old
its me again ;o - Tue Apr 30, 2013, 09:55 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
But please dont tell me i cant brag about this one¨¨http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...192_67015C7F51

Old
Tue Apr 30, 2013, 10:12 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Nice result there.

How did you do in the overall tourniment?

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 30, 2013, 10:22 PM
(#3)
still in it, freeroll with 8760 entrants, still around 1500 left...

Old
Wed May 01, 2013, 05:02 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
Excellent. It's always nice if you can quadruple your stack on one hand!

I'm not so sure about just calling the 557 pre-flop, because when the action comes round to you, there's already 1500 in the pot and you have less than that in your stack, so - if you're going to play this hand - you should shove it all in now. It's a big mistake to put in half your stack pre-flop and then fold if the flop is no good for you.
As played, getting the rest in on the flop is perfect. The pot is now so large, and the price of calling so small in comparison, that villains will be committed to calling with any pair.

If you've not yet done so, and it fits in with your schedule, I definitely recommend you try out some live training sessions. They're a great way to find out the best way to play certain hands and stack sizes. I learn something new just about every time!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed May 01, 2013, 10:00 AM
(#5)
Nice, its always hard to run deep in these,

nice one

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed May 01, 2013, 10:05 AM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
I'm not so sure about just calling the 557 pre-flop, because when the action comes round to you, there's already 1500 in the pot and you have less than that in your stack, so - if you're going to play this hand - you should shove it all in now.
+1

Open raise needs to be to 150, then after the 3-bet, it's a shove or fold. Min-raises preflop, especially if opps are stationy are only going to give odds to the others to be in the hand. When I'm out of position, I want to do what I can to lower the number of opps in the hand, in order to make my post-flop plays easier.

I'd raise to 150, then either shove or fold when it gets back to me (I'm mucking if the 3-bettor or caller are tight and shoving if they're loose).

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 02, 2013, 09:56 PM
(#7)
Thanks Arty Now i understand more about preflop-bet, thanks to you. Even understand why too..

Please spread the word about this lucky most satifying hand This is how i prove to you Arty that i understand what you talk about!!
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...797_8ED51C267D

Havent been blogging lately, been working on my homesite. Gonna be a reg homesite, with blog, some sarcastic views on the news or something, links to the best pokersites around and more. And all my hands worth publishing of course

Thanks again for the lesson on preflop.

/gelove

Last edited by gelove; Thu May 02, 2013 at 09:59 PM.. Reason: Forgot some info

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com