Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Wed May 01, 2013, 11:58 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
am i eligible for bankroll builder?

Old
Wed May 01, 2013, 03:37 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed May 01, 2013, 06:35 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello PoK3r.JuN1oR,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Thu May 02, 2013, 02:24 AM
(#4)
i try to put this hand in replay hand and when i click read data nothing happend Mâna PokerStars #97988293982: Hold'em No Limit (10/20) - 02/05/2013 9:20:04 EET [02/05/2013 2:20:04 ET]
Masa 'Praecipua IV' 9-max (Bani virtuali) Locul #1 este butonul
Locul 1: LuDong Paul (4490 în jetoane)
Locul 2: Weezy1000 (1094 în jetoane)
Locul 3: aarr56 (980 în jetoane)
Locul 4: hasandokan3 (5248 în jetoane)
Locul 5: beckan116 (222 în jetoane)
Locul 6: briggspoke (3131 în jetoane)
Locul 7: al3ks-2 (9628 în jetoane)
Locul 8: PoK3r.JuN1oR (1000 în jetoane)
Locul 9: TBRIAN0228 (16175 în jetoane)
Weezy1000: pune small blind 10
aarr56: pune big blind 20
PoK3r.JuN1oR: pune small blind 10
*** CĂRŢI PERSONALE ***
Cărţile date la PoK3r.JuN1oR [Qh 6h]
hasandokan3: dă call 20
beckan116: dă fold
briggspoke: dă fold
al3ks-2: dă fold
PoK3r.JuN1oR: dă call 20
TBRIAN0228: dă fold
LuDong Paul: dă call 20
Weezy1000: dă call 10
aarr56: dă check
*** FLOP *** [4s 2s 5d]
Weezy1000: dă check
hasandokan3: dă check
PoK3r.JuN1oR: dă check
LuDong Paul: dă check
*** TURN *** [4s 2s 5d] [8h]
hasandokan3: dă check
PoK3r.JuN1oR: dă check
LuDong Paul: dă check
*** RIVER *** [4s 2s 5d 8h] [7d]
aarr56: dă bet 180
hasandokan3: dă fold
PoK3r.JuN1oR: dă raise 180 la 360
LuDong Paul: dă raise 180 la 540
Weezy1000: dă fold
aarr56: dă call 360
PoK3r.JuN1oR: dă raise 180 la 720
LuDong Paul: dă raise 180 la 900
hasandokan3 părăseşte masa
aarr56: dă call 360
PoK3r.JuN1oR: dă call 180
*** SHOW DOWN ***
LuDong Paul: arată [Js 6c] (chintă, de la Pătrar la Optar)
aarr56: ascunde mâna
PoK3r.JuN1oR: arată [Qh 6h] (chintă, de la Pătrar la Optar)
PoK3r.JuN1oR a colectat 1342 din pot
LuDong Paul a colectat 1342 din pot
*** SUMAR ***
Pot total 2810 | Rake 126
Masa [4s 2s 5d 8h 7d]
Locul 1: LuDong Paul (buton) a arătat [Js 6c] şi a câştigat (1342) cu chintă, de la Pătrar la Optar
Locul 2: Weezy1000 (small blind) a dat fold pe River
Locul 3: aarr56 (big blind) a ascuns cărţile [Ah 8c]
Locul 4: hasandokan3 a dat fold pe River
Locul 5: beckan116 a dat fold înainte de Flop (nu a dat bet)
Locul 6: briggspoke a dat fold înainte de Flop (nu a dat bet)
Locul 7: al3ks-2 a dat fold înainte de Flop (nu a dat bet)
Locul 8: PoK3r.JuN1oR a arătat [Qh 6h] şi a câştigat (1342) cu chintă, de la Pătrar la Optar
Locul 9: TBRIAN0228 a dat fold înainte de Flop (nu a dat bet)

Old
Thu May 02, 2013, 03:46 AM
(#5)
and i finish the test

Last edited by PoK3r.JuN1oR; Thu May 02, 2013 at 02:43 PM..

Old
Thu May 02, 2013, 02:05 PM
(#6)
how much i have to wait until somebody respond ??:

Old
Thu May 02, 2013, 02:15 PM
(#7)
Hi PoK3r.JuN1oR

We aim to respond within 24 hrs, but it often happens faster. It depends on when staff are available, and that depends on time zone and other commitments.

Thanks for posting the hand, we'll have the hand analysis done within 24 hrs, then I'll give you your next steps

Old
Fri May 03, 2013, 05:50 AM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi PoK3r.JuN1oR! I'll take a look at this hand.

First of all, it looks like you posted your big blind out of turn. Don't do this when you get on to the real monsy tables. Since you'll be dealt an unplayable hand more than 80% of the time, you'll be throwing away 2c four times out of five. This money will add up over time and drain your bankroll. When you first join a table, click the "Wait until big blind before posting" option.
You got dealt a junk hand this time. 63o is one of the worst starting hands. If there was a raise pre-flop, this would be an instafold. As played, there are just a bunch of limpers who call the big blind, so you see a flop 6-handed.
It's a great flop for you. You made trip 6s on a 966 two-tone board (with a flush draw). Since you almost certainly have the best hand (you're only losing to pocket nines and better sixes, which seem unlikely) you want to bet for value. You can get called by overpairs, 9x, flush and straight draws and maybe just two random overcards. When betting for value and protection on the flop and turn, you should generally bet between half pot and the size of the pot. The sizing should depend on the number of players and the "wetness" of the board (how many draws are available). See JWK24's blog post on good bet-sizing. Since you have a strong hand and there are many opponents, I'd recommend you make a pot-sized bet here. The problem with only betting 4 into 13 is that it gives opponents on a draw a cheap price to suck out. You should try and get more value.
No one folds to your small bet, so everyone's still in the pot on the turn. The 8 isn't a terrible card for you, because it means players that had a straight draw with hands like 87 just made a pair. Here villain 9, makes an overbet. He probably has a very strong hand here. It's possible he just made a straight with a random T7, but I think he might also make this play with 98 for two pairs. If you think you are still ahead and he will pay you off, then you should raise here. I'd make it a bet of 2.5 or 3 times the size of villain's bet, but since a raise to 300 would be nearly all of your remaining stack, I'd just go all in.
Another option is to just call, and then shove the river. Your raise to 224 isn't much more than a minraise, and it leaves you just 170 behind. You're pot-committed, so you have to put the rest in even if the river is a horrible card like the 7h.

The river is actually a blank, so your trips probably survived. The pot is much larger than the stack sizes, so no one will want to lose this one. There's 705 in the pot and you have 170 to bet. You should definitely be going all in here. If these villains are calling 96, then they will call 170.

You got a good result in this hand, but you need to work on bet-sizing. You'll be given a link to a video on that topic soon, and then you'll be set up for playing real money cash games. Good luck!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri May 03, 2013, 02:10 PM
(#9)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Fri May 03, 2013, 03:24 PM
(#10)
1)

2)to bluff
to gain value from very strong hands
to put a lot of pressure on opponents

Old
Fri May 03, 2013, 06:43 PM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi again PoK3r.JuN1oR! I'll take a look at this hand.

You have KTo in MP and decide to limp in (just call the big blind). This is a weak play and I'd recommend you don't do it at all. While limping happens a lot in playmoney games, it simply won't be profitable in the long run on real money tables, because good players will take advantage of you, by raising and forcing you to play a bigger pot when you're out of position. If a hand is good enough to play, then it's good enough to raise if you're the first player into a pot. This hand isn't strong enough I'm afraid, so you should fold pre-flop, and wait for a better hand or position, according the guidelines in the PSO courses, or on my blog.
As played, you limp and it gets folded around to the BB, who checks his option. Since you didn't raise, he can literally have any two cards. It's hard to play against players when you have no idea what they have!
The flop is pretty good for you. Top pair on K44 with a flush draw. Betting for value is definitely correct, and 4c into 5c is about right. You can get called by worse kings, random pocket pairs that don't believe you have a king, and flush draws. You'll also obviously get action if the villain has a "big blind special" with a random 4.
The turn is basically blank, although it puts another flush draw out there. I think betting again is fine. We're still targetting the same range. This time, you bet 4c again. This is too small. The pot is 13c. Always bet at least half pot on the flop and turn. Anything less looks so weak that it might cause a villain to bluff you off your hand by making a big raise. Betting small also misses value and means villains can chase their draws for a cheap price. If you have the best hand, you should try and get paid for it!
Villain calls and you make two pairs on the river. There's now 22c in the pot. Why are you only betting 4c again? This villain has check-called on every street. He's clearly quite weak (he would have bet or raised by now if he had trips) but if he has any king, he will call at least half pot on the river.

You had a nice result here, but you definitely left some value on the table, so it's clear you need to work on your bet-sizing. Since it's hard to make a hand in holdem, you've to make sure you get some value for it when you finally make one. Betting 4c on 3 streets doesn't get much value. Please read my post above again and check the link to JWK's blog. It's crucial that you learn how to value-bet effectively if you want to make money. If you keep betting too small, villains will be priced in to chase their flushes and straights. I don't want to see you complaining that someone sucked out if you gave them the right price to do so! In short, always bet at least half pot on the flop and turn!

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat May 04, 2013, 02:38 PM
(#12)
Just let me know when you've passed the Cssh Game quiz and I'll give you your 2nd bonus and the next steps

Old
Sat May 04, 2013, 05:56 PM
(#13)
i passed the test

Old
Sun May 05, 2013, 09:36 AM
(#14)
Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

flophitter

Old
Sun May 05, 2013, 12:08 PM
(#15)
i earned 10 vpps

Old
Sun May 05, 2013, 02:45 PM
(#16)
That's great to hear! It takes 48-72 hrs for those VPPs to show up in our promo system, so please be patient but your next bonus will be in your account soon.

To earn your fourth and final Bankroll Builder bonus, keep applying at the $0.01/$0.02 cash tables the principles you learned until you have earned a further 10 VPPs. Should you lose your bankroll, please post the losing hand(s) and we'll give you our analysis, followed by the bonus.

I wish you well, and if you have any questions you we are here for you!

Old
Mon May 06, 2013, 03:11 AM
(#17)
i have to wait beetwen 48-72 hrs to get the 3rd bonus ?

Old
Mon May 06, 2013, 09:33 AM
(#18)
Yes, although sometimes it can show quicker than that.

Old
Tue May 07, 2013, 09:41 AM
(#19)
im out of money when the 3rd bonus is gonna come and i cant put the hands because i didnt find them they didnt save

Old
Tue May 07, 2013, 11:27 AM
(#20)
Hi again, we checked your VPPs and you are showing a total of 10, however some of those were earned from the first bonus. You need to earn 10 VPPs after receiving the second bonus to qualify for the third. So what you need to do now is post the losing hand(s) for analysis.

If you go to the poker software lobby, then click on Requests menu, you'll see the option for Hand History. Order your hand history and it'll come to your email account. You'll find the hands in there that you can paste into the Hand Replayer and post in this forum thread. If you have any trouble, just let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com