Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$1.1 Mtt's flat or reshove hands by BeansAA

Old
$1.1 Mtt's JJ hand flat or reshove hands by BeansAA - Wed May 01, 2013, 11:08 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
no specific read on villain

Beans have JJ

Last edited by marvinsytan; Thu May 02, 2013 at 12:02 AM..

Old
Thu May 02, 2013, 12:24 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Marvin and BeansAA!

With JJ from UTG+2, IF the opps are known to play tight and will fold, I'm going to make a standard open and for me at this blind level, I'll raise to 2.2BB+1BB for each limper or 4400 (2.5BB or 5k is fine for this level too, as I don't want to min-raise and give the opps behind me the right odds to get into the hand and try to outdraw me).

I then get a min-raised from an opp in position to 6k. Here is where I need to make my decision in the hand. I need to shove or fold here, as I'm nowhere near deep enough to call and setmine (to call 6k total, I'd need 15X6k in my stack to setmine and I don't have that many chips). If I'm going to play JJ here to start with, I need to be ready to get my chips in with it here and due to this, I'm going to 4-bet shove if I open-raise.

Also, as one of the shorter stacks at the tables and only 17.5BB.... I can definitely make a case for open-shoving here too. From this position on my chip stack, from my open-shove chart, I'm at 33+... so IMO, the best option we have is to open-shove.

I'm going to open-shove here the overwhelming majority of the time and the other times, I'll make a standard open and 4-bet shove if I'm raised.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 02, 2013, 08:10 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
tyty Sir John

helped a lot

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com