Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

poker

Old
poker - Thu May 02, 2013, 02:54 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
i want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Old
Thu May 02, 2013, 09:23 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 02, 2013, 09:26 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertk27 View Post
i want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
BRB - Thu May 23, 2013, 02:56 PM
(#4)
AGGRESSIVE

Old
brb - Thu May 23, 2013, 04:26 PM
(#5)
Was this an ok play?

Old
brb - Thu May 23, 2013, 04:29 PM
(#6)

Old
Thu May 23, 2013, 04:50 PM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 23, 2013, 05:24 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi robertk27!

With AKo in the BB, I get 6 limpers. I'm going to make a standard raise here, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. I will therefore bet 9BB or 18. I want to keep all of my raises standard, so that the opps are continually guessing as to the strength of my hand. Opps that bet more with better hands and less with marginal hands are basically turning their cards face-up to their opponents... something I want to avoid.

I flop TPTK and with this many opps in the pot, I need to make a pot-sized value bet. I don't want to bet less, as the opps could then be getting the correct odds to try to outdraw me. I want to make bets where I expect to gain chips, not ones where my opponents expect to gain chips.

The turn is a miss for me and with only one opp left in the hand, my standard value bet sizing here is a 1/2 pot bet, so I will bet 101 chips.
----------

One tip for playing ring games... ALWAYS wait for the BB to start playing. Paying extra blinds over and over to immediately play will be a very large hit to a player's bankroll.

With AKs and 3 limpers (yes the post counts as a limp), I'll make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 3 limpers, I will bet 6BB or 12 chips. I don't want to raise less, as the opps will be getting the correct odds to try to outdraw me.

I flop TPTK again and when it checks to me, I will make my standard value bet for having 2 opps (2/3 pot). Due to this, I will bet 23 chips.

With one opp in the hand, if the opp would check to me (instead of open-folding), I would make my standard 1/2 pot value bet.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
brb - Thu May 23, 2013, 07:19 PM
(#9)
thank you

Old
brb - Thu May 23, 2013, 07:48 PM
(#10)
hello.all game quiz passed.bonus?

Old
Bankroll Builder - Thu May 23, 2013, 08:30 PM
(#11)
hello. Single Table Tourneys quiz-passed Multiple Table Tourneys guiz-passed Cash Game quiz-passed Omaha Basics quiz-passed Video Tutorials-i watch all . Poker Basics quiz-passed .. I WANT TO KNOW IF I TAKE THE BONUS. Thanks.

Old
BRB - Thu May 23, 2013, 08:54 PM
(#12)
all 3 steps completed

Old
brb - Thu May 23, 2013, 10:31 PM
(#13)
all 3 steps completed

Old
Fri May 24, 2013, 05:20 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertk27 View Post
hello. Single Table Tourneys quiz-passed Multiple Table Tourneys guiz-passed Cash Game quiz-passed Omaha Basics quiz-passed Video Tutorials-i watch all . Poker Basics quiz-passed .. I WANT TO KNOW IF I TAKE THE BONUS. Thanks.
Just for reference the STT Quiz, MTT Quiz and the Omaha Quiz have nothing to do with the BAnkroll Builder promotion.

Please DON'T DO ANYTHING unless you are instructed to.

Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
BRB - Fri May 24, 2013, 11:00 AM
(#15)

Old
BRB - Fri May 24, 2013, 11:02 AM
(#16)

Old
BRB - Fri May 24, 2013, 11:16 AM
(#17)
hello.i upload 2 dands,please tell me what do you think about this hands. The 3 reasons are:

- To put pressure on opponents
- To gain value from very strong hands
- To bluff people off decent hands
Cash Game quiz-passed

Old
Fri May 24, 2013, 04:24 PM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri May 24, 2013, 05:46 PM
(#19)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Robert! I'll take a look at these two hands.

1. 64 is a junk hand and the only time I'll ever see a flop with it is if I can check my option in the BB and see a flop for free. That's what happens here. You get one of the best flops imaginable for this hand, as you make top pair and have a gutshot straight draw to go with it. I think I'd go right out and bet here. I'm not really looking to get called by worse. I just want to take the pot while I probably have the best hand, and I don't want to let villain take a free card and improve if he has two random overcards like A7 or KQ.
As played, you check, and villain makes a weird overbet of two times the pot. There aren't many 6s in his range. Since he limped pre-flop he could have a speculative hand like 76s or A6s, however, and you're way behind these hands. He might also have an overpair like 99 that wants to protect itself from overcards. He could also have flopped a set with 66, 55 or 22 and he wants to get maximum value. I tend to give bets that are larger than a the pot a lot of credit. Big bets usually represent big hands. For that reason, I think I would fold here. You're not actually beating anything but total bluffs, and if you're behind, you have very few outs to improve. You can't call big bets with just a gutshot draw.
As played, you call and make trips on the turn. Weirdly, villain makes the same 10c bet again, even though the pot is bigger. If he really flopped a set, I think he'd be going for more value now that he has a full house, but some players get tricky with big hands and try and sucker you in with small bets. It's pretty hard to fold now, so calling is OK. The river comes an 8, and you check again. Here villain makes a pot-sized bet. For some reason, you decide to check-raise all in. I think this is a mistake. It actually worked out well for you here, because villain called with his overpair, when he should be folding 100% of the time given the action on this board. Most of the time when you shove the river, villain is snap-calling with better trips, or a full boat. He's not usually calling with worse, so you "value-own" yourself. I would much prefer a different line, which would be to lead out on the river, and fold to a raise. Going for check-raises is fancy play syndrome and it's not recommended.

2. 86s in the big blind and you get to see another free flop, but this time it's multiway. The flop comes AJ2 with a flush draw. Surprisingly, it gets checked around, so it seems no one has an ace or a flush draw. There's another jack on the turn. There's a small chance that one of the villains improved here. They could have picked up a heart draw too. Being out of position actually allows you to take a stab at the pot here. Betting half pot as a total bluff is fine, as long as you realise you cannot put another cent in the pot if you get called or raised. This was an "orphan pot", and no one else seemed interested in it, so taking a stab is often worthwhile. Nice hand!

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Fri May 24, 2013 at 05:50 PM..

Old
thanks - Fri May 24, 2013, 06:20 PM
(#20)
thanks alot for your help Arty.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com