Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

time tourneys

Old
time tourneys - Thu May 02, 2013, 03:36 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
Is anyone playing these time tourneys of a buy in for $1 and you have to survive 3 rounds looks like easy money at first glance.

Old
Thu May 02, 2013, 04:57 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
Just played one of these you only need to double up once to make 50c and watch everyone go all in knocking each other out

Old
reply - Thu May 02, 2013, 06:08 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2012
Yes i have played a few of these if you are limited for time they are a great way to squeeze a game in. The smaller buy ins witch also have smaller time frames can be quit aggresive and the blinds can be of the turbo kind so having a good understanding of push fold strategy is important. the larger buy ins with bigger time frames have alot more play but alot of players are going all in as the bigger the stack the more you win, but i have on quite a few occassions managed to multiply my buy in 5 or 6 times so they can be profitable. I have not played the $22 saturday countdown but that is a time limit tourney which last 2 or 3 hrs and can be very profitable so i will give it ago oneday.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com