Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Still no luck for me

Old
Still no luck for me - Thu May 02, 2013, 04:42 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
It's really frustrating when this happens in a real money game. Getting called with my allins with such hands and ended up losing again and again

I'd play the villian before and she always call allins with terrible hands and somehow she always get lucky

Old
Thu May 02, 2013, 05:05 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
LOL....

Why did you go all in?
If the other player has a pair, he's favorite
Any other you're favorite

If you would of made a normal bet pre flop, you could of raise post flop and take it down, but you were to greedy and you lost.

Look at how the pro's play, they will never go all in with AK, only fishies and donkeys do so...lol. You want to extract the most chips, so if you go all in, most of the time, the players will fold and you didn't extract any chips.

Now if you're short stack, that's different

Keep on learning

Old
Thu May 02, 2013, 05:19 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
I don't think there's anything wrong with the shove here. Bokyaw has a 13bb stack. Depending on the bubble situation, that's usually an insta-jam in every game apart from PSO leagues.

I think it's a bit rich for bokyaw to complain about bad luck though. I've seen some of the hands where he/she made some weird plays. This one is standard though.

And if this was the freebuy, there's really no need to complain. Bokyaw won $9.40. I crashed out after spending $6 on rebuys and addons.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 02, 2013, 05:32 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokyaw View Post
It's really frustrating when this happens in a real money game. Getting called with my allins with such hands and ended up losing again and again

I'd play the villian before and she always call allins with terrible hands and somehow she always get lucky

Wasn't sure which way to go here so I'll present both submissions for the peeps...

1: Sometimes you need Hercules wielding the Sword of Damocles to cut through the irony.

2: This particular player posting a Bad Beat gripe losing to KQs is pretty much the definition of "chutzpah".

Old
Wink
Thu May 02, 2013, 08:51 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
LOL....

Why did you go all in?
If the other player has a pair, he's favorite
Any other you're favorite

If you would of made a normal bet pre flop, you could of raise post flop and take it down, but you were to greedy and you lost.

Look at how the pro's play, they will never go all in with AK, only fishies and donkeys do so...lol. You want to extract the most chips, so if you go all in, most of the time, the players will fold and you didn't extract any chips.

Now if you're short stack, that's different

Keep on learning
Well. If my memory doesn't betray me at all. That's what Im been doing for the entire game. And It certainly served me well coz I was lingering only on the top 10 position even before the bubble. I believe that's one of 3 allins I made preflop in the entire game. The reason I pushed was I was never really comportable with AK, coz in my history,I lose with them most of the times, And with that I just wanted the round to be over winning just the blinds.Besides, the outcome wont be different if I've only raise it preflop .The villian flopped a straight draw. I dont see her folding that regardless of how I play the hand

And yeah.Im no Pro, and certainly I need to learn more. And I will

Old
Thu May 02, 2013, 09:19 PM
(#6)
When you have a loose image you will get called light. And unless you have switched up your style recently you like to play loose. You win a lot when you hit the flop, but by going all in you reduce that to a pure dice roll with your AK, You lost this one even though you where favorite, but lets be fair you have won your share when behind too.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 02, 2013, 10:15 PM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi bokyaw:

I think that you play fine. Not only did you have a strong pre flop hand in general, but if you had figured out that your opponent was very loose going allin pre flop most of the time you will be ahead given her wide range, as in fact was the case. Besides you were short, there was the blinds' dead money already in the pot and you should also had some amount of fold equity... even though the girl was loose.

On the other hand, after watching such a beautiful flop for your hand, I could not stop laughing when the river hit and the villain took the pot. Sorry, but I laugh cause I see myself reflected in your situation and I imagine your wtf scream when that happened.

Keep going and better luck the next time!

Old
Thu May 02, 2013, 10:22 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
When you have a loose image you will get called light. And unless you have switched up your style recently you like to play loose. You win a lot when you hit the flop, but by going all in you reduce that to a pure dice roll with your AK, You lost this one even though you where favorite, but lets be fair you have won your share when behind too.

Grade b
FYI!I was tight playing the entire game ok? Those who played on my table for long can atest to that. I folded so many raised pocket from 10's to KK's when the board was deemed dangerous. And may I remind you mr.B, I only play any hand in any position if there's only a minimum raise w/c I can easily fold on the flop or play it depending on the color of the board. But I never call somebody's pushed with just any cards,ever.unless its a hubble freeroll

Old
Thu May 02, 2013, 10:29 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
I don't think there's anything wrong with the shove here. Bokyaw has a 13bb stack. Depending on the bubble situation, that's usually an insta-jam in every game apart from PSO leagues.

I think it's a bit rich for bokyaw to complain about bad luck though. I've seen some of the hands where he/she made some weird plays. This one is standard though.

And if this was the freebuy, there's really no need to complain. Bokyaw won $9.40. I crashed out after spending $6 on rebuys and addons.

Yeah,maybe you're right sir.I was just frustrated coz the villian played the same thing the last time I played with her in the spring fever.She's kinda always outdrawn me somehow lol. No real complain here though, like you said I still made some few $$

Old
Fri May 03, 2013, 11:52 AM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokyaw View Post
FYI!I was tight playing the entire game ok? Those who played on my table for long can atest to that. I folded so many raised pocket from 10's to KK's when the board was deemed dangerous. And may I remind you mr.B, I only play any hand in any position if there's only a minimum raise w/c I can easily fold on the flop or play it depending on the color of the board. But I never call somebody's pushed with just any cards,ever.unless its a hubble freeroll

Thats good,

Then in that case it was a correct call to get it all in with 13bb and you got unlucky,

Make a note on the villain and get ready to kick some behind in the next one.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com