Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

show me the money

Old
show me the money - Fri May 03, 2013, 04:57 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
well, i have just recently started playing poker seriously. and tell you what, its real hard to build a bankroll and even harder to keep it intact once u ve built one.

hope the pokerschool shows me how to do that.

coz its all about the money baby.

SHOW ME THE MONEY POKERSTARS

COZ I M READY to put in the hours

smooth sailing

Old
Fri May 03, 2013, 05:14 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri May 03, 2013, 08:32 AM
(#3)
tks royalraise85

anyways, like i said b4, have lost my bankroll again

from 140grand to zilch
just like i did 2 days back, from more than 200grand to zilch

good thing it was play money, had it been the real deal, it wud have proly made me comatose

Old
Fri May 03, 2013, 03:21 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi timallen17,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat May 04, 2013, 09:24 AM
(#5)
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

had absolutely no idea that he had KK

Old
Sat May 04, 2013, 09:35 AM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat May 04, 2013, 09:59 AM
(#7)
cheers royalraise85

also i believe i have completed the course and passed the test that is required.

tks for the quick reply

smooth sailing

Old
Sun May 05, 2013, 04:54 AM
(#8)
hi there

i believe i have completed all three steps of the bankroll promotion

also just started playing well again in the PS tournaments
not as well as i can or wish but still better than when i started this month

hope to be in the top 1000 in the rankings

chao

Old
Sun May 05, 2013, 11:26 AM
(#9)
hi there

its happening again and again now
increasingly finding myself against KK or AA, and have lost either huge pots or been knocked out from very decnt positions.

ISNT THERE ANY WAY TO PEG UR OPPONENT ON KK or AA

smooth sailing

Old
Sun May 05, 2013, 05:12 PM
(#10)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by timallen17 View Post

had absolutely no idea that he had KK
Hi timallen17

I suggest folding small suited connectors from such early position. These hands are best played from late postion when the threat of getting raised is small. Speculative hands like this do not win often. Therefore, it is important to see the flop cheaply. Raising as you did is very dangerous, and typically costly. The 3-bet is almost always a very strong hand. Moreover, he is going to have positon on you. You definately should fold at to this raise.

As played, you got a decent flop. I would sugget 3betting all in on the flop. If you don't want to play this aggressively, then it would be better to check-call and hope you hand improves on the turn.

As played, you should fold to the river bet. The villain has shown strength betting and raising every single street. All you have is bottom pair. Your hand will pretty much never be ahead here.

Finally, this hand seems to come from a sng. In sngs you do not have deep enough stacks to play speculative hands from early postion as you did. In sngs, save every single chip you can until you have a strong hand. Then play aggressively!

NOTE: Playing anything other than full ring cash games can get you disqualified from the bankroll builder promo! Please stick to full ring cash games.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Sun May 05, 2013, 05:19 PM
(#11)

and this is what happens when i wait a long time , play it cool and then get aces

it doesnt even make sense why he calls............and he wins

PS; does it mean that i have qualified to play cash games///

Old
Sun May 05, 2013, 10:30 PM
(#12)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon May 06, 2013, 12:43 AM
(#13)

hi there

WOW

just played my first cash game
fffffffffffooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... .......it was exciting

anyways, played quite conservatively. went in with 80 cents. came back with 1.08 dollars.

never went below 75 cents or above 1.14 dollars.

just wondered if i cud have made more with this hand

what do you guys think

Old
Mon May 06, 2013, 05:52 AM
(#14)
I AM BROKE

ITS ALL GONE

Old
Mon May 06, 2013, 06:13 AM
(#15)
3 reasons why a player may want to make a big be

To bluff people off decent hands

To gain value from very strong hands

To protect against strong draws

Old
Mon May 06, 2013, 09:20 AM
(#16)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Tim! I'll take a look at the A6s hand.

While this is a decent starting hand if you are in late position, as it can be used to try and steal the blinds, or you can call a raise in position and try hitting two pairs or a flush draw, it's not strong enough to open in early position. It's very difficult to make money when you play hands out of position, because when you make a hand and bet it, villains can fold their worse hands (so you don't get any value) or they can raise to make you fold (so you lose a bunch of money).
If I'm dealt A6s and there are six players yet to act, I'm folding 100% of the time. Making a standard raise in late position would be OK, but when you raise in this seat, you're likely to get called by at least one player, and you'll miss the flop about 70% of the time. See my blog for advice on which hands you can open-raise with in each position.

As played, you raised and were called in two spots. The CO has position on you, but the SB does not, but the latter will be able to check the flop to see what you do before making his decision.
You get a pretty decent flop for A6: top pair on a ragged 642 rainbow. Villains are unlikely to have hit this board. There is no flush draw, and it would be strange if one of the callers has 53 for the flopped straight. There are a few hands that could beat you here though. If villains called with small pairs, they will have a set of trips or a gutshot straight draw. With a medium pair, a villain will have an overpair. Sets have you completely crushed, and overpairs are also beating you. If you get action on this flop, you're almost certainly losing.
Your flop bet is way too big for this situation. There are no worse hands that will call a pot-sized bet. You'll only get action from better hands. Since you're either way ahead or way behind, you should make your bet smaller. This will mean you can get away from your hand for a cheap price if a villain raises, repping an overpair, set or straight. By betting so big, you are at risk of getting "valueowned". Don't make big bets with weak hands if you can't get called by worse. Only make big bets when you have very strong hands (two pairs+) and the board is very wet with lots of draws.
Fortunately for you, everyone folds to your bet. If someone had called, you'd probably be losing your stack, because you've bloated the pot way too much considering the strength of your hand.

In future, be more careful with regard to the hands you play. Think about your position. Don't play marginal hands out of position if you can help it. When you're considering making a big bet, ask yourself if worse hands can call. If no worse hands can call, don't make such a big bet! Get value by making a smaller bet.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon May 06, 2013, 11:07 AM
(#17)
Hi Tim,

Please let us know when you have passed the cash game quiz. The quiz is your final requirement to advance to step three and receive your next bonus! Until then consider a little more practice at the play money tables.

Good luck in your endeavors.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon May 06, 2013, 12:11 PM
(#18)
thanks a lot artysmokes

ur analysis was really really good

also i went thro the cash game course and thro the hand chart

it confirms what ur saying

and i tried to follow ur advice and the cash game course advice in the last ps tournament and hubble tournament and fineshed in the top 400 in both

cant believe all the trash hands i used to play before

i mean.............the results were immediate

will try to play the same way after my next bonus

chao

Old
Mon May 06, 2013, 12:13 PM
(#19)
will post as soon as i m done with the cash game quiz

thanks a lot JOSS

Old
Tue May 07, 2013, 06:45 AM
(#20)
Hi there Joss

i have passed the cash game quiz and am ready for my next bonus.

do let me know what i need to do next

smooth sailing

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com