Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

What is considered a good win-rate?

Old
What is considered a good win-rate? - Fri May 03, 2013, 02:25 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
Hello again guys.

When i first began playing online poker about 3 weeks ago now i was playing 2NL and 5NL but could not stand it. The horrible plays by almost everyone and the fact 90% of people at that stake didn't seem to be taking their stack seriously made it feel like less like poker to me. (Sorry if this offends anyone who plays these stakes seriously)

So instead of building a bankroll from the bottom i filled up my account to $250 so that i could comfortable play at 10NL not knowing whether this would be a mistake or not. It is going pretty well at the moment but i am wondering what is considered a 'good' win rate at micro stakes. I have now played 17,000 hands (15,000 at 10NL and 2,000 at 25NL) and am showing a win-rate of 3.3bb/100 hands.

I fixed a few of the more obvious leaks in my and really worked on my post-flop game over the weekend just gone. This week so far i have played 7,000 hands and i am showing a win rate of 7bb/100. Are either of these good win-rates at micro stakes levels or should i be aiming a lot higher? Needless to say my plan is to stay at these stakes up to at least 50,000 hands then re-evaluate the situation.

Thanks in advance for replies.

Old
Fri May 03, 2013, 03:17 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
At 10NL and higher, anything better than 5bb/100 over a decent sample (30k+ hands) is a considered good. At 25NL and above, very few players have a double digit winrate, on Stars at least.

Be sure to drop back down to 5NL if you hit a bad patch. It's better to fix leaks at lower stakes, than burn through your bankroll.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com