Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder for me

Old
Thumbs up
Bankroll builder for me - Sat May 04, 2013, 01:59 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
BronzeStar
I would like to be apart of the bankroller builder (PSO).
Please select me to be part of this

Old
Sat May 04, 2013, 04:38 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtwi View Post
I would like to be apart of the bankroller builder (PSO).
Please select me to be part of this
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat May 04, 2013, 07:05 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi gtwi,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankroll Builder hand - Sun May 05, 2013, 11:05 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar

This hand played well but slow
A very good hand but I was wondering how I could have played this hand differently to keep most in and increase the pot size

Old
Red face
All Steps - Mon May 06, 2013, 05:40 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Hi, I have completed all 3 steps (I hope)
GTWI

Old
Mon May 06, 2013, 08:03 AM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:

This hand played well but slow
A very good hand but I was wondering how I could have played this hand differently to keep most in and increase the pot size
Hi gtwi!

This is not a hand to slowplay! Let's take a closer look to see why.

Preflop you have AKs and are facing two limpers. I suggest raising the standard 3bb +1bb for each limper making it 50 rather than 40. Your hand will play best against fewer opponents. Also, at play money, players call light. So, you can raise more for value with your strong hands. I wouldn't have minded you making it 60 or 70 here even, but the standard 50 is recommended at real money tables.

You flop top pair top kicker which is good, but far from being the nuts. Notice the board. Flush draws exist. Straight draws exist Plus two pair combos and sets. This is a very dangerous flop with so many opponents. Do not slowplay. At play money and 2NL real money, the very best way to increase the pot size is to bet/raise yourself every chance you get!

Raising 50 into a pot of 350 as you did is extremely dangerous. You give anyone chasing a draw or holding a pair, great odds to continue with the hand. You are giving them a very cheap incentive to outdraw you. I strongly recommend raising for value and to protect your hand here. Since the flop is draw heavy, I would normally suggest betting about 70% of the pot, lets say 250 chips. This is going to leave you with very little though for future bets though. Therefore, I suggest keeping it simple and moving all in on the flop. With so many opponents in the hand it is very likely that at least one will call (probably several).

Notice that anyone chasing a draw is more likely to call a large bet now while they still have hopes of hitting a cards, than if you wait until later streets. On the river they know if they made their flush or not and will fold all the times they missed.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Mon May 06, 2013, 08:20 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
I thank you for the advice that makes sense to me and I will keep it in mind for future hands.
GTWI

Old
The 3 steps - Wed May 08, 2013, 12:31 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
I have completed all of the steps
Thanks

Old
Thu May 09, 2013, 12:37 AM
(#9)
Hi gtwi,

Our records show that you have NOT passed the quiz. Please retake the quiz and let us know when it has been passed.

Good luck at the tables.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
quiz - Thu May 09, 2013, 12:11 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Sorry, my fault. I will complete the Quiz and let you know

Old
Finishing the steps - Mon May 13, 2013, 06:42 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Hi there. This time I have finished all the steps including passing the quizz/

Old
Tue May 14, 2013, 06:47 PM
(#12)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
1/2 cent real money full ring table - Wed May 15, 2013, 04:44 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
I just want to make sure that I am going to the right place to play, the real money full ring tables are the ones under the 'Holdem' tab and under micro? I just do not want to play in the wrong section.
Gtwi

Old
Wed May 15, 2013, 08:28 PM
(#14)
Hi gtwi,

Yes, that sounds right.
Good luck at the tables!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Poker School 2nd round - Wed May 15, 2013, 10:57 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar

This started as a good hand and it seem to advance in my favor, however, just before the river the lone opponant went all in. I had only a king pair. Should I have called or was I right to fold?

Old
Thu May 16, 2013, 10:48 AM
(#16)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 16, 2013, 03:36 PM
(#17)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:

This started as a good hand and it seem to advance in my favor, however, just before the river the lone opponant went all in. I had only a king pair. Should I have called or was I right to fold?
Hi gtwi!

There are several issues to look at with this hand. Firstly, I would recommend folding preflop for three reasons.
1. UTG raises normally indicate a very strong hand. You are probably behind most of the villain's range.
2. You are in the small blind. This means you will be out of postion postflop. Position is extremely important. It lets you have maximum information on the villain before you decide what to do.
3. is a bit weak to be calling with in this spot. You will often be facing AK or AQ and end up losing a big pot when you flop a pair because of your kicker. If your cards were suited calling might be ok because you could hope to flop a straight or flush draw. Your cards arent suited and this reduces your chances of flopping well.

As played, I would suggest check-calling the flop rather than betting. You have two overcards and a straight draw. Leading with a bet as you did lets te opponent raise just as happened. Check-calling would have kept the pot smaller.

On the turn, your 2 cent bet is not good. This looks really weak and begs the villain to raise you. Checking would have been best and reevaluating after seeing the villain's action.

Folding to the large turn raise was perfect! All of the villain's actions are pointing to a strong hand. AK looks quite likely. In general try not to committ large parts of your stack in spots where you only have a pair. Wait for better spots and stronger made hands. Good fold

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Sat May 18, 2013, 09:56 AM
(#18)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

Please let us know as soon as you pass the Cash Game quiz and we'll get your next bonus to you

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Answering question - Sat Jun 01, 2013, 02:46 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
3 reasons to make a bid:

Make a big bid to put pressure on the players

Add value to a strong hand

and to protect against drawing hands

I have passed all the challanges

Old
Sun Jun 02, 2013, 01:43 AM
(#20)
Hi gtwi,

Fantastic!

Your next Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving this bonus and you will automatically be credited with the next bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your this bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com