Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[CL] Bankroll Builder |

Old
Arrow
[CL] Bankroll Builder | - Sun May 05, 2013, 01:14 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
Hello, I am Alina from Romania.

i would like to start playing real money with this bank roll builder opportunity.

Last edited by royalraise85; Sun May 05, 2013 at 08:17 AM..

Old
Sun May 05, 2013, 08:18 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAlina79 View Post
Hello, I am Alina from Romania.

i would like to start playing real money with this bank roll builder opportunity.
NB* Please do not do any steps before you are asked, this will only delay the promotion.

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun May 05, 2013, 08:44 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon May 06, 2013, 05:04 AM
(#4)
hi,

this is a hand of mine on a 9 players table.

i could have posted a wining hand, but i decided to post this losing one with KK starting.

should have feared the Ace, yet i hoped for a pair on table or a K.

the quizz im taking again within 4 hours, i have failed it with 69 points out of 70.

Old
Mon May 06, 2013, 08:22 AM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAlina79 View Post
hi,

this is a hand of mine on a 9 players table.

i could have posted a wining hand, but i decided to post this losing one with KK starting.

should have feared the Ace, yet i hoped for a pair on table or a K.

the quizz im taking again within 4 hours, i have failed it with 69 points out of 70.
Hi AAlina79

Before we even look at the hand, I noticed that you paid the bb out of turn when you sat down at the table. I strongly recommend checking the box "wait for bb"! Playing out of turn just costs money. use the waiting time to start building up your reads on your opponents. Now let's look at the hand.

This is a typical case of "fancy play syndrome" unfortunately. You are dealt the second best starting hand in holdem with KK. It is a great hand, but not invulnerable. It is not a guaranteed win. Big pairs like QQ,KK and AA play best against a single opponent. Your chances of winning decrease very fast with each additional player. Therefore, we want to raise for value (you win more) and to protect our hand.

Preflop I suggest sticking to the standard 3bb plus 1 bb for each limper making it 250 chips, rather than the 150 you raised. The second you get a huge string of callers then the min-raise, I suggest moving all in, or at least making a pot sized raise. There is plenty in the pot now. So winning preflop is not bad. Hopefully all but one player will fold. Getting fancy with all the min-raising preflop just costs you money. It bloats the pot without improving your chances of winning.

As played, you get an all black A high flop and five opponents. I strongly suggest check-folding! You missed several chances to value bet pre-flop. Now it is very important that you consider the flop. It is very unlikely that you have the best hand. check-folding is the best move unfortunately.

I hope this helps you understand the dangers of getting fancy by slowplaying big hands like KK and AA. Try to avoid making this mistake once you get to the real money tables

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Mon May 06, 2013, 08:49 AM
(#6)
thanks a lot!

your feedback is fabulous. it got me an insight i never thought into. after all im a beginner .

the preflop bet advice is very appreciated, i will start using that ASAP. Also i will stop being "fancy" against the odds .

now, i have few more questions if possible, please see bellow:

1. should i go all in with category 2 cards?

2. the 3bb + 1bb per limper is a standard bet for category 1 and 2 or works only for the strongest 3-4 starting hands?

3. speaking of MTT... on other websites i often hit the bubble, i even hit 20th out of 3500++... it was more of a luck i guess. my problem is:

1. i play very okay at the start of MTT but i risk all in later on and almost always lose (last example is KQ suited all in vs AK unsuited). should i play more carefully pre-bubble and more aggresive into second bubble?

I tried to apply your MTT course teachings but it seems to hurt me playing so tight and selective at starting hands. many times i won lots of chips playing mid-ranked starting hands (such as 6 and above connectors or/and suited/paired).

Should i go ONLY with category 1&2 hands until 2nd bubble? should i loose a bit/risk a bit? In a 9 table MTT always the table is packed with both passive and aggresive players so in my view either tactic has the same potential.

PS: i think i will go ALL IN only with AA, i lost everytime with JJ and most of the times with KK/QQ.

thanks again

Old
Thu May 09, 2013, 02:26 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonLee View Post
Hello,

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Hi again,

I've been away for these Eastery hollidays but now i am back.

so how will be this bonus given? will be credited into my account or something similar?

i have passed 2 courses i quizz i think (or at least one for sure).

Also posted my hand and watched/read everything i found on PS.

hope to hear from you soon,

best regards,
A

Old
Thu May 09, 2013, 08:36 PM
(#8)
Hi,

Welcome back.

Please take the Poker Basics Course >>click here<< and pass the quiz at the end of the course. Please let me know when you have completed this step and I will advance you to the next stage of your Bank Roll Builder Training! (real money poker)

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Fri May 10, 2013, 02:34 AM
(#9)
hI,

I have passed the basic course quiss with 76%.

i am sure i also have passed other quizz, maybe the MTT one?

nevermind anyway, so what now?

Old
Fri May 10, 2013, 04:16 AM
(#10)
one more thing please.

my husband also plays on pokerstars and now i also play.

we both have separated computers, but we share the same IP since our ISP has a dinamic ip adress, not a static one.

we can both be online in PK in same time so i hope is no problem with that for you?

he is not qualified for Pokerschool since he made deposits.

please let me know!

thanks,
Alina

Old
Fri May 10, 2013, 07:04 AM
(#11)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Regarding your query about your husband and the same IP address, please send a private message to PSOAdmin with your question. >>click here<<

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com