Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Blog Moderating

Old
Blog Moderating - Sun May 05, 2013, 10:50 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
I really must complain again about blog moderation and approval.

I understand you are not allowed to post about rival sites and links and I've had one blog refused because of it's topic (collusion) but I've posted much worse on the forum and discussed the exact same topic on the forums when it was discussed.

What annoys me is you can post whatever you like on the forum and it's visible instantly to all but blog posts have to be moderated.

At present, I'm waiting 2 hours on my blog to be published yet if I posted it on the forum it would have been seen instantly. If I said anything defamatory then it's easily removed which brings me on to another point. If a blog isn't suitable, no reason is ever given s to why it's not approved.

I posted a rival site's link by mistake - it was well hidden among the URL and an easy mistake - but was given no reason as to why the blog wasn't approved. I realised my mistake and removed the link and had the blog approved but if I didn't know it was a dodgy link I'd still be wondering what I had done wrong.

Can I suggest (again) blogs are viewable immediately with the caveat that it will be removed just like a forum post if it goes against the T/C. Also if a Blog goes against the T/C then email the blogger as to the reasons it wasn't approved.

I've no problems playing by the rules but the wait just seems unnecessary.

Thanks

Mark

Old
Sun May 05, 2013, 12:25 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
Hello Mark,

I will talk with the MODs who look over the blogs and be sure a message is sent if we not approve something.

As for blogs going Live as soon as you post them we have no plans to make this happen.

Blogs can take up to 24 hours to be set live but in most cases it much sooner then that, I will look over the wait time on blogs and see if we need to adjust something moving forward.

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables 

Brian

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun May 05, 2013, 12:39 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOO2COO View Post
Hello Mark,

I will talk with the MODs who look over the blogs and be sure a message is sent if we not approve something.

As for blogs going Live as soon as you post them we have no plans to make this happen.

Blogs can take up to 24 hours to be set live but in most cases it much sooner then that, I will look over the wait time on blogs and see if we need to adjust something moving forward.

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables 

Brian
A wait time of 24 hours is ridiculous but I noticed a blog that was publish just 20 minutes before mine and appeared pretty quick while I had to wait even after I tweeted to PSO. I took it personally think it was something I posted and made me post this question.

I don't know how you approve each blog but would it be wise to assign each moderator a shift where they check incoming blogs say every hour?

I sort of understand why you don't approve straight away but yet I still can't understand when you have a forum where you can post what you want and have it removed.

I'm always very careful as to what I post. I know not to say anything against Pokerstars but like my link I posted (which was refused), things even get by me.

Thanks for the response Brian.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com