Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Regional Freerolls - UK Zone

Old
Regional Freerolls - UK Zone - Sun May 05, 2013, 02:44 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2010
We have a few Freeroll tourneys available in the UK & Ireland Regional tab and Private Tourney tab at Pokerstars at the moment. I was playing some of them anyway but found the others thanks to this blog by adsthepro

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/post/?id=45390

and most of the promotions have details on the Pokerstars website here

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/prom...ampaign=E20473

So I have played the daily Freerolls but tonight I have the first few finals that I won tickets to, so I just thought I would give some more info here.

First up, running now, is the TimeOut weekly final.

Tonight we have 307 runners and a $1000 prize pool with a min cash for 55th to 63rd place of £4.40 - top 3 prizes are £190/£140/102 so nice potential.

At 8pm WET there is the Jonathon Ross Final - with a first prize of a trip to play a charity poker torney in Monte Carlo on May 10th. I think these run a couple or few times a year - I have noticed them before, but this is the first time I have made the final. Nice prize pool for the final tonight of £10K with £1K and the trip for the winner, and with 936 runners a min cash of £10 for 151st-200th is pretty good for a freeroll. Final table pays from £120 up.

At 9pm there is the XFM Freeroll final - 419 players tonight and winner takes all for a nice prize of gig tickets, travel, meal hotel etc for 2.

Well worth having a go at these games if you are able to access them.

Ed

Old
Sun May 05, 2013, 04:18 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2013
Thanks for the tip, Ed.

Old
Sun May 05, 2013, 04:45 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolian Sky View Post
Thanks for the tip, Ed.
You're welcome

Not sure how long the promos have been running or how long they will last - just found them a week or two ago - but made tickets fairly easy to these finals from the daily satellites.

Unfortunately I won't be going to Monte Carlo.... but at least I won six quid (that's about $10 of regular poker currency) from the TimeOut game.

Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Ed

Old
Sun May 05, 2013, 06:53 PM
(#4)
Just made the FT of the XFM Freeroll Final - the one that needs an outright win for the prize...

Still in with a shot though need a couple of double ups.

Ed

Old
Mon May 06, 2013, 06:47 AM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
Just made the FT of the XFM Freeroll Final - the one that needs an outright win for the prize...

Still in with a shot though need a couple of double ups.

Ed
Managed 5th in the XFM Freeroll Final - but no prize there.

Looks like the XFM and Johnathon Ross games are finished, but there are still TimeOut freerollsin the Private Tourney Tab.

And the Marbella Festival Freerolls are running in the Regional Tab - I have a ticket to a final next Sunday.

Ed

Old
Sat May 11, 2013, 05:19 AM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
I picked up £50 in that Jonathan Ross final. Gonna miss these when I'm officially no longer a Brit.

Old
Sat May 11, 2013, 06:05 AM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
Gonna miss these when I'm officially no longer a Brit.
WUT?! International man of mystery, you never cease to intrigue me ...

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com