Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Hi, I want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion!

Old
Smile
Hi, I want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion! - Sun May 05, 2013, 04:56 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
Hi, im looking for a instructor for take part in the bankroll builder promotion

Old
Mon May 06, 2013, 08:30 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0M41N View Post
Hi, im looking for a instructor for take part in the bankroll builder promotion
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thumbs up
Creating my first replay link... - Tue May 07, 2013, 12:53 AM
(#3)
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Hi! thanks for the help, i already saw the 2 videos, and i made my first replay! here is the link:

I got K 9... in the flop appears another K so i bet 3 big blinds.. and my opponent folds... now im on the 3rd step, thx again! greetings, D0M41N.

Old
Tue May 07, 2013, 05:35 AM
(#4)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue May 07, 2013, 10:42 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi D0M41N!

With K9 from the BB, when the SB completes, I'm going to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. The SB's complete counts as a limp, so I'll raise to 4BB or 80.

I flop top pair and when the opp checks to me, I'll make my standard value bet of 1/2 pot (60). By keeping my bets standard, it helps to keep the opps guessing as to the strength of my cards.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue May 07, 2013, 04:48 PM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

Please let me know as soon as you have passed the Poker Basic course and I'll get your first bonus to you

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Poker Basics - Tue May 07, 2013, 06:55 PM
(#7)
Hi, im working on it... i read all the steps, and i passed the individual quiz, but for some reason i cant get ride of the final quiz, i get like 54% but im reading all the course again, and trying to complete the course, thx again for the chance!, greetings D0M41N

Old
Question
A Little Help Here... - Wed May 08, 2013, 07:56 PM
(#8)
Hi, it looks like im missing something.. i get 69%... and i think i fail on any of these questions...

1)One opponent is particularly tight and passive. How Which of the following adjustments to your strategy makes sense (multiple correct answers)
(I put here "bluff more", because he will fold more)

2)How many outs do you need in order to have a coinflip on the Flop? (having (22))

3)You are holding on the button QS 10S. Blinds are $1/$2. Everybody folds to you. You raise to 6 and both blinds call. Flop is QH 8H 3D, giving you top pair. The small blind bets the pot ($18). The big blind raises to $50. What’s your play?

i put all in... because i have top pair.. and i have to protect my top pair, maybe there is a draw of flush, so i will protect my top pair betting...

I dont know about the other questions but i only have doubt about these in particular... what chapters should i re-read? because im trying this 2 times at a day! and i keep failing.. thx for read! greetings, D0M41N.

Old
Thumbs up
Poker Basics Complete - Thu May 09, 2013, 02:52 AM
(#9)
Hey i made it! thank you so much for the course, now im playing better, anyway i guess i need more time for improve my skills, but doing the course was a great experience for me. I feel now a sronger player, thanks again! greetings D0M41N.

Old
Thu May 09, 2013, 06:30 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hey i made it! thank you so much for the course, now im playing better, anyway i guess i need more time for improve my skills, but doing the course was a great experience for me. I feel now a sronger player, thanks again! greetings D0M41N.
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Talking
Thank you all! - Thu May 09, 2013, 06:40 AM
(#11)
Excelent! thank you, but i have a few questions, do i have any limitation about this bankroll promotion? or i can use the money as i wish... and the other question, dont i need 40 minimum for 1/2 tables? i dont have enough money.. i will try make that amount... if i made it, then i will do this other promotion... and final question, how much is this first bankroll promotion, and how much is this second one? thanks again for everything, greetings, D0M41N.

Old
Thu May 09, 2013, 06:49 AM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Excelent! thank you, but i have a few questions, do i have any limitation about this bankroll promotion? or i can use the money as i wish... and the other question, dont i need 40 minimum for 1/2 tables? i dont have enough money.. i will try make that amount... if i made it, then i will do this other promotion... and final question, how much is this first bankroll promotion, and how much is this second one? thanks again for everything, greetings, D0M41N.
Hi,

Each bonus is worth $2

You must only use this bonus to play 1/2 cent Fullring (9-handed) tables. This will give you a 100 Big Blind buy-in.

If you use the money to play any other games you will not be able to receive any more bonuses.

Remember to save your hand histories and post you hands using the Hand Replayer.

Your next 3 steps are:

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Once you have completed these 3 steps you will be credited with your 2nd bonus.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Question
Thu May 09, 2013, 06:56 AM
(#13)
Sorry to waste your time and do the same question again, but i recieved a e-mail saying that i must play $0.01/$0.02 and not 1/2... is this correct? because i can play $0.01/$0.02, but cant 1/2...

Old
Thu May 09, 2013, 07:25 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
use this bonus to play 1/2 cent Fullring (9-handed) tables. This will give you a 100 Big Blind buy-in.

Quote:
Sorry to waste your time and do the same question again, but i recieved a e-mail saying that i must play $0.01/$0.02
Hi,

Sorry for the confusion. I said 1/2 cent which is $0.01/$0.02 or '2NL' as it's sometimes referred to.

Please play $0.01/$0.02

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 09, 2013, 08:20 AM
(#15)
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

This is how i lose my first promo! haha, what i did wrong? i call because he was the big stack, and i thought he was bluffing.. or maybe JJ...

About the question, why a player may want to make a big bet?

For win a monster, or a strong hand.
For protect a strong hand against a good draw.
For bluff, and make another players to fold.

Now i will try to past the cash quiz... thanks for the help, greetings, D0M41N.

Old
Thu May 09, 2013, 08:38 AM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 09, 2013, 09:07 AM
(#17)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi D0M41N! I'll analyse this hand for you.

You have A4o in the small blind, and there's a raise by the player UTG. I'm never calling a raise with A4 in the blinds, because it's a marginal hand at best and it loses money in the long run. Many beginners get into trouble with ragged aces and lose money when they make top pair and are out-kicked. It's particularly bad to play A4o in the small blind, because you'll be out of position post-flop. It's very hard to make money when you're OOP. See my blog on this subject. A4 is a trash hand, because it's dominated by all the better aces (A5+) and it can't make the nut flush using both cards. It should be very easy to fold this hand pre-flop in your situation. Notice that the initial raise was both bigger than the standard size of 3bb (so he's repping a big hand), and also it came from UTG. Early position raises indicate monster hands like TT+ and AQ+. A4 is not beating any of the hands in that range.
As played, you call and the flop comes AT7. It is standard to check to the last raiser in this spot, as he'll be making a continuation bet almost always. He's certainly betting with AK/AQ, but he'll probably bet with hands like QQ/JJ too. If he has QQ, then you get value by calling his bluff. When you lead out, you're never getting called by worse. You're "valueowning" yourself. By betting, you allow villain to fold any worse hands (e.g. JJ), so you don't get any value. When villain raises here, he's hardly ever bluffing. This flops hits his UTG opening range hard, and now he wants to build a big pot. I'd expect him to have AQ at a minimum, but sometimes he'll have a set of tens or even aces. You should be folding to the raise, because your hand is almost drawing dead against villain's range.
Instead, you call and the turn brings a jack. If villain had JJ and was bluffing the flop, he just made a set. If AJ is actually in his tight UTG range, then he just made top two pairs. Right now, the only hands in this villain's range that you beat are KK and QQ, but I don't think he's ever raising the flop and then barrelling the turn with an underpair. Villain puts you all in, but you can't call this bet, even though you might feel pot-committed with such a small stack remaining. Against a hand like AK, you have just 3 outs to improve and you don't have the right price to do so.

Be more careful with hand selection in future, and don't fall into the habit of calling in the blinds. In the SB especially, you should usually enter the pot with a (re-)raise, but it's far better to fold anything but the top 5% of hands in that seat.

Hope this helps! Best of luck with the next stage of the promo!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Thu May 09, 2013 at 09:09 AM..

Old
Thu May 09, 2013, 12:08 PM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

Please let us know as soon as you pass the Cash Game quiz and I'll get your next bonus to you

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com