Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

AQs vs young lag

Old
AQs vs young lag - Sun May 05, 2013, 04:58 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013

Would you say this was the most profitable way to play draws?

I sucked out with the ace for once hehe, he should of folded ages ago anyway.

Old
Sun May 05, 2013, 05:27 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
When a villain bets small on the flop, I like to raise exactly as you did. The weak bet usually signifies a weak hand, so you definitely have some fold equity to go along with hand equity. It'a a pretty good result for you if you can get him to fold a pair and you take the pot down with ace high.
I think you played this pretty much perfectly, actually. The pre-flop ISO is great, the raise sizing on the flop is ideal (3x is enough to make most weak hands fold, but doesn't mean you're committed if he re-raises). When he redonks the turn, I think calling is fine. You have a bargain price to hit one of your 12 outs (it would be 15 normally, but a Q gives him two pairs) and I'm pretty sure he'll pay you off if/when you improve on the river. If you'd made the nut flush, then a small raise of about 2.5x his final bet will add a little to your stack, as he won't be able to resist calling, even though it should be obvious you made a flush.

This guy should be a welcome addition to your fish list, and getting position on him like you do here is a dream situation.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun May 05, 2013, 05:46 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
Now thats good to hear yh i added him to my fish list i was tempted to raise him on the river but he might of had something like A4 its impossible to put him on a hand, anyway was a good result my games getting better and ive finally plugged my biggest leak 1 pairs.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com