Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

5NL - Upswings and Roundabouts

Old
5NL - Upswings and Roundabouts - Sun May 05, 2013, 07:48 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012
I've thought anout writing this blog for a week or two but put it off a number of times for various reasons.
Around the start of last month I decided to move to 5NL from 2NL. Although I was on a slight upswing at the time I was never crushing 2NL - so I was really unsure if it was a wise idea.

A little over a month later I can say I am happy with the results so far - although there have been a number of hands where I have got lucky - so I am under no illusion that I am not making mistakes.
I've resolved to try and tighten up my play some more so that I am not making as many mistakes as I have this month. Overall, I am still in profit for the month EV (Expected Value) wise.

I'm going to make regular blogs on my progress and will also post hands of interest. I will also post my graph to keep a record of how I am doing. Here is the first one.

As can be seen there is a divergence in the EV line and the actual profit line around the 10k hand mark. It comes together again around 17500 and then the last few days there has been a number of fortunate board runouts where I have turned and rivered the nuts.
I will also start a thread in the challenges and battleground forum to keep track.

My best run in poker results and ev wise but I know I can improve a lot. I'm fortunate to be able to do this from a position where I am ahead for the month.

Good luck at the tables everyone.

Read more: 5NL Zoom - Upswings and roundabouts (bhoylegend) – Poker School Online: Learn Poker Strategy, Odds and Tells http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blo...#ixzz2SSsz3gVK

Old
Wed Jun 19, 2013, 09:05 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
I'm on a Bankroll Challenge myself at 1c/2c 2NL

Roller Coaster ride

I see your shot of HEM2, I'm still using HEM1 do you think its worth the upgrade & why ?

#rungood

Old
Wed Jun 19, 2013, 09:18 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
I've never used HEM1 being a relative newcomer to the game so can't really be of much assistance. I would say that the cash games are served well by HEM2 while the tourney/SnG games are a let down.

You could get the free trial of hem2 and decide for yourself.

Old
Wed Jun 19, 2013, 01:02 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
Dodgy: I'd certainly recommend upgrading to HEM2 if you have version 1, provided you have a fairly good PC (built or upgraded in the last 18 months or so). The basic version of NoteCaddy that comes with it is pretty useful. An alternative is to go with Pokertracker 4, particularly if you take part in PSOSOP play money games, as the PT4 HUD works for those, whereas HEM2's does not.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 19, 2013, 03:48 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
You could get the free trial of hem2 and decide for yourself.
Yeak I'll look into that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
Dodgy: I'd certainly recommend upgrading to HEM2 if you have version 1, provided you have a fairly good PC (built or upgraded in the last 18 months or so.
Yeah PC only 3 months old and Custom Built for Trading so all should be good. Not a heavy user of HEM but getting more out of it now.

What do you think of Leak Buster & Table Ninja ?

Old
Wed Jun 19, 2013, 04:04 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2011
I don't use Leak Buster or Table Ninja. I can find leaks by looking at the stats myself, and I rarely play more than 4 tables. Besides, Stars has hotkeys anyway, and I don't think TN has many extra features. :/

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com