Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | |

Old
Arrow
[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | | - Mon May 06, 2013, 06:46 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
Hello , i am interested in Bankroll Builder programme. I really need a person who would help me and guide me through my learning how to play a good poker.

Sincerely yours,
oiplaypoker

Old
Mon May 06, 2013, 09:40 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue May 07, 2013, 06:24 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Hand Analize - Mon May 13, 2013, 01:46 PM
(#4)

Hi GUYS, i just posted my hand for hand replay analize. Wanted to explain why i acted this way.

Pre-flop
I raise 5 time the BB with strong pair of Jacks. Villain 2 just CALL probably wanted to check the Flop. Villain 5 (loves to Bluff) raises to 52. I decided to continue the game.

The Flop 3(d)Q(s)10(d)

Villain 6 just Checked and I wanted to play aggressively with my pocket pair. I didn't know what Villain 2 was holding. I did small bet (information bet), but after his CHECK again on the flop it seem he was trying to get maybe straight draw or flush or he had one pair and waited for bigger improve of his hand.
Villain 5 raised to 534 it seem a way too high bet for this pot. So I decided to CALL his bet and went ALL IN.
It turned up very lucky for me, i won. But I probably should FOLD after the flop. Now i think i was too brave. I don't like how i played this hand.

P.S. I passed Poker basics course.

Best regards,
oiplaypoker

Last edited by oiplaypoker; Mon May 13, 2013 at 03:36 PM..

Old
Tue May 14, 2013, 10:47 AM
(#5)
Hi,
Hand Analysis

Your open raise sizing is fine as one player posted their BB out of turn. With this type of holding our raise size should be the standard amount of 3x the big blind + 1bb for each limper. When the villain on the button 3bets us pre-flop I'd suggest not closing the action by calling as it invites more players in to the pot greatly reducing our overall hand strength as well equity in the pot. I prefer to re-raise this premium holding to about 3x their raise size to isolate the loose villains weaker range of hands. It's good that you had reads on these villains, thank you for providing that information as it'll help me accurately assess the situation.

Given the nature of the small ball betting approach it appears that these bet's are for information, but from a fundamental/theory standpoint that is flawed thinking and approach..generally we bet for "value" and as a "bluff"..a general rule of thumb should be 1/2, 2/3 and 3/4 pot size bet for value and/or bluff depending on board texture and perceived villain hand ranges based on previously played hands. Since you had specific reads on these villains we could bet/calloff any bets that put our stack at risk, but what range of hands are we really ahead of in a 3bet pot Queen high board? Qx AQ KQ QQ QJ QT TT could be well within a loose aggressive players range on the button! Nice pot!

Hope this helps.

Old
Tue May 14, 2013, 10:51 AM
(#6)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Thanks CannonLee - Wed May 15, 2013, 07:25 PM
(#7)
Thank you,
Great hand analize.It's really helpful and educational.

Best wishes to all pokerstars team,
oiplaypoker

Old
AKo versus slowplay op. - Mon Jun 03, 2013, 12:43 PM
(#8)

Hi,

Here is a hand from the NL tables where I'm not sure about my play. Was my betting size right or should I bet more? Did I made the correct decision to call villain's bet on the River?

P.S. I have watched the Bet Sizing video and passed the Cash game course. Answer to your question...is
The three reasons I'd want to make a big bet:

1. To gain value from my made hands
2. To put pressure on opponents
3. To bluff.

Last edited by oiplaypoker; Mon Jun 03, 2013 at 04:13 PM..

Old
Tue Jun 04, 2013, 01:28 AM
(#9)
Hi,
Hand Analysis

Your pre-flop raise sizing is perfect on a stack depth of 30bb from EP (early position) I'd be prepared to play for our stack pre-flop with this holding, only two hands would have us dominated AA and KK, every other hand we'll be in a coin flip situation 50/50, slight 60/40 or a decent favorite 70/30.

Post flop, let's say the villain didn't have AJ but instead 2nd pair, our bet sizing is effectively giving him 3 to 1 pot odds on each street, in our previous hand analysis discussion I mentioned a rule of thumb about bet sizing and why we bet, 1/2 2/3 or 3/4 pot for value and on this rainbow flop 2/3 pot would be optimal. I do not see many flush combos that got there for back door hearts, the villains line is indicative of two pairs or a set given the way they played the pot OOP (out of position)

Hope this helps.

CannonLee

Old
Tue Jun 04, 2013, 01:30 AM
(#10)
Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Bankroll builer bonus - Fri Jun 07, 2013, 06:41 PM
(#11)
Hi,

still waiting for bankroll builder bonus, first bonus was very fast..
so I just wondering when exactly I will get my second bonus?

Kind regards,
me

Old
Fri Jun 07, 2013, 07:27 PM
(#12)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hey there,

We'll look into this for you

Please check back this time tomorrow, hopefully we'll have it sorted by then.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 14, 2013, 07:58 AM
(#13)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oiplaypoker View Post
Hi,
still waiting for bankroll builder bonus
Brilliant!

You've got your 2nd bonus now

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Lost Bonus - Mon Jun 17, 2013, 06:50 PM
(#14)

Hi, I lost second bonus but not the HOPE
I got pocket pair of Queens, so i raised pre-flop and found other three aggressive opponents who re-raised my bet, there was a lot of action on pre-flop.
The Pot was big enough and I wanted to play this hand till the end so I CALLED.
On the flop 7d Js 10h my pocket Queens looked strong so I went ALL IN.

Last edited by oiplaypoker; Mon Jun 17, 2013 at 08:03 PM..

Old
Tue Jun 18, 2013, 11:50 AM
(#15)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

We are sitting on a 30bb stack, which is difficult to maneuver post flop. When all the re-raising action ensues I'd want to close the action and raise all in, we have a premium and our stack depth merits this decision! That extra 30c may generate enough fold equity to squeeze villain 4 out of the pot and get the pot heads up versus the villain on the button.

Flat calling here commits our stack and invites other players into the pot, which will greatly reduce our hand strength and equity, raising all is the best line..as stated in paragraph one!

Hope this helps.

Good luck and good decision,
CannonLee

Old
Tue Jun 18, 2013, 11:53 AM
(#16)
Hi,

Your third Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 4th bonus. Let us know if you hit that target

2) If you lose your 3rd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
3-rd bonus - Thu Jun 27, 2013, 09:35 AM
(#17)

hi, this is my last played hand on 1/2 cent full ring table. I had ups and downs but it was fun

As you can see in my last play I just limped in pre-flop with A8o wanted to see flop. Villain 4 (always raise pre-flop)raised as usually, Villain 6 called, and I decided join with Ace hoping to hit a pair or better.
After flop I continue cause wanted to hit DRAW and win this pot, unfortunately it didn't happened. So I am there again...
Please advice.

Best Regards,
iwanttoplaypokerforever

Last edited by oiplaypoker; Thu Jun 27, 2013 at 11:28 AM..

Old
Thu Jun 27, 2013, 09:29 PM
(#18)
Hi,
Hand Analysis

We are sitting on a 5bb stack depth and the big blind is approaching us, I'd prefer to raise all in pre-flop as opposed to limping this hand. If we raise all in there is a good chance that we can get the pot heads up. Limping invites more players into the pot which will greatly reduce our hand strength/equity in the pot.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Thu Jun 27, 2013, 09:34 PM
(#19)
Congratulations!

As you've earned enough VPP's we have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion, good job!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the >>Hand Analysis<< section.

Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on >>Bankroll Management<< at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

Good luck and good decisions,
CannonLee

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com