Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | |

Old
Arrow
[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | | - Tue May 07, 2013, 01:20 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
I would like to enroll in the bankroll builder training, please.

Old
Tue May 07, 2013, 05:27 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam01182 View Post
I would like to enroll in the bankroll builder training, please.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue May 07, 2013, 06:28 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankroll Builder Session Feedback - Wed May 08, 2013, 02:37 AM
(#4)

This is a hand that I won with pocket T's. How could I maximise my winnings?

Last edited by sam01182; Wed May 08, 2013 at 02:50 AM..

Old
Bankroll Builder Session Feedback #2 - Wed May 08, 2013, 02:49 AM
(#5)

This is the hand by which I went to the rail. Any suggestions on how I could have played it better?

Old
Bankroll Builder Session Feedback #3 - Wed May 08, 2013, 03:05 AM
(#6)

This is a hand that I won, but am aware that if my opponent had a Q, I would have lost. When should I be able to tell whether he was holding a Q?

Old
Bankroll Builder Session Feedback #4 - Wed May 08, 2013, 03:13 AM
(#7)

This is a hand in which I hit a set of Q's, yet still lost. Any suggestions?

Old
Bankroll Builder Session Feedback #5 - Wed May 08, 2013, 03:28 AM
(#8)

This is a hand that I won in the BB. It was a weak hand, so should I have played it any differently?

Old
Bankroll Builder Session Feedback #6 - Wed May 08, 2013, 03:42 AM
(#9)

This was a hand in which I lost. Any advice?

Old
I have completed the requirements... - Wed May 08, 2013, 03:46 AM
(#10)
As you can see in my thread, I have completed all 3 requirements. What do I do next?

Old
Wed May 08, 2013, 09:53 AM
(#11)
Hi,
Hand Analysis

We are sitting on a 50bb stack depth with two limpers ahead of us..one of which has us covered..another has of equal stack to us and the villain raising 6x the big blind about 1/2 our stack..

There are a few ways that we can get "more" value with this hand, one of which is how you played the hand..only a few draw backs though... flat calling with a mid pocket pair like this leaves us vulnerable to getting out flopped if one of the villains that limps closes the action (which will almost always be the case, there is a lot of limp calling going on nowadays) and makes our post flop decision a bit tougher even though we will be in a position advantage post flop versus multiple players.

I'd prefer to re-raise and isolate the 25bb stack, there is some value to be made there as the villain will most likely be forced to get it in instead of calling our re-raise...so a sizing of 330 to 380 is an optimal amount.

Our bet sizing post flop is to big, it looks pot committing to the villain sitting with 1380 chips it's going to scare them as your effective stack size will be about 25bb on the turn if they elect to call. Keep this in mind.. a limping range is a weak range..if they did call it would most likely be with a range of Ax and/or two over cards..this is a range we want to keep in the hand as their equity is minimal..so our bet sizing on this relatively dry board texture should be about 1/2 pot..

Hand Analysis

60bb deep from UTG this is a fairly standard opening for 3x the big blind. Did you have any reads of the the players tendencies involved in the hand?

The flop texture is rainbow and dry to the touch...I'd expect this board to miss a lot of the villains EP and LP flatting ranges..I'd elect to bet 1/2 pot to collect dead money as I believe this amount would be just as effective as betting 3/4 to full pot when bluffing..if we get called I'd shut down the turn and save bets for a value hand, afterall we do have thin showdown value when checking the turn as worse Ax Kx could float us. The river what range are you trying to represent? What range of hands are you trying to get the villain to fold after they have called two streets of bets and have committed just as much as you have?

Hand Analysis

A rule of thumb, when there are multiple limpers and you decide to open the action make the raise sizing 3x the big blind +1bb for each limper...this will accomplish thinning the amount of players involved in the hand and greatly increase our overall hand strength. I do understand that we will be at a positional disadvantage post flop as we are in the SB but remember(a limping range is usually a weak range...so let's take them to value town with a decent value hand)

Post flop, every thing seems fairly standard.. I like your bet sizing..we do have a bluff catcher with two pairs and this line should only be taken if we have a firm grasp of the villains tendencies(show down ranges..bet/calling lines..this is how we will know if the player may have the Q, so take notes on players we may be able to extract value from)

Hand Analysis

Did you have any reads on the villain?
The villain open raised for nearly 4x the big blind which may be a good indicator of strength..have they been doing this frequently and if soo exactly how often?

How well does our hand play versus a strong 4x the big blind LP range? (AA KK QQ JJ TT AK AQ KQs QJs) readless I'd just fold this hand preflop until I have some reads.

Post flop, I think there are some hand that we are ahead of but this is a narrow range..(99 88 77, maybe Qx with a weak kicker but the story doesn't add up in terms of their pre-flop raise sizing and some back door flush plus straight combos) but why would the villain want to get it all in on the turn..it appears they are trying to take down the pot uncontested or get a worse range to call.

Hand Analysis

I would have checked this hand all the way down to the river sitting with a 20bb stack, our stack is by far effective and we are deep enough to sit back and pick a value hand to play for stacks either pre-flop or post flop.

I wouldn't have been betting 1bb, it prices in any draw or float in which they could easily get there(out drawn). This is a wet board..there is a straight + a flush present..let's also factor in the possibility of a higher two pairs..proceed with caution on these type of board textures as we could be value owning ourselves..

Hand Analysis

Coming from a heads up aficionado..I like your line on this flop texture, it's a dry board, with the two jacks we can use card removal from the villains range..but only under certain dynamics would we want to play for stacks..such as the villain being loose(aggro) aggressive would be a perfect spot..

Basing the villains play on their stack depth and their overall post flop line...I wouldn't expect the villain to be loose aggressive...it appears that they may be tight passive. We could elect to call their flop bet and reassess the turn as they could have Ax or Kx or a gun shy pocket pair that will check the turn and maybe we can throw a small sizing out there to take down the pot..

But other than that we need to start basing our plays on the players tendencies, please start taking notes of the villains and provide them here when submitting a hand replay.

Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Last edited by CannonLee; Wed May 08, 2013 at 11:06 AM..

Old
Bankroll Builder First Ring/Cash game - Wed May 08, 2013, 02:14 PM
(#12)

I don't need this hand analysed - it's a repeat of post #4.

Last edited by sam01182; Thu May 09, 2013 at 02:23 AM.. Reason: To delete this hand from my thread

Old
Bankroll Builder First Ring/Cash game - Wed May 08, 2013, 02:21 PM
(#13)

This is the last hand I played in the first real money game. I lost all my money with this hand. I called with QJo in middle (?) position to a raise of 2 x BB. When I hit a Q on the flop, I thought at best the villian may have an inferior two pair, such as JJ-66. Where did I go wrong? Should I have folded to the villian's raise?

Last edited by sam01182; Thu May 09, 2013 at 02:08 AM.. Reason: To clarify my question

Old
Deleting hands from the replayer? - Wed May 08, 2013, 02:41 PM
(#14)
How do I delete hands from my thread if I posted the wrong hand for analysis, viz post #12?

Last edited by sam01182; Thu May 09, 2013 at 02:21 AM.. Reason: To be more specific

Old
Bankroll Builder First Ring/Cash game #2 - Wed May 08, 2013, 02:45 PM
(#15)
List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

1. To put pressure on opponents;
2. To gain value from a strong hand;
3. To protect against strong draws.

Old
Talking
Bankroll Builder - Cash Game Traing - Thu May 09, 2013, 05:22 AM
(#16)
I have completed all 3 requirements for this part of the training. I await further instruction.

Old
Thu May 09, 2013, 05:55 AM
(#17)
Hand Analysis

We are sitting on a 60bb stack, flat calling the villains 2 x raise is certainly an option..but if the action gets reopened behind us with a 3bet I'd muck this hand, QJ off suit could be in bad shape.

Post flop, it's 3way. Action goes.. Sb checks, original PF raiser continuation bets and we min raise this flop. What are you trying to get value from when raising this flop?

When the SB c/r (check raises) to re open the action into two villains on this relatively dry board texture it screams (I got KK, 6x) and there are certainly more combos of 6x than there are of pocket jacks. example of the SB flatting range pre-flop: 66 65 67 68 A6 K6 Q6 KK (suited and off suit), are all plausible as the majority of this range are connectors. Did you have any reads on these villains?

Please let me know when you have passed the Cash Game Quiz and you will be awarded with your second Bank Roll Builder buy-in!

CannonLee

Old
Hand Analysis QJo - Thu May 09, 2013, 08:20 AM
(#18)
Are you therefore saying that I shouldn't have entered the pot after the villain raised 2 x BB? I don't consider QJo a particularly strong hand, but when I saw the flop, I didn't have any read on my opponents, but was trying to represent a FH, Q6 or QQ. At what point do you think I should have let my hand go, considering that the ultimate winner of the pot check/raised me. I mean, he could have been bluffing?

Btw, I have completed the cash game quiz, and answered the 3 questions from the video.

Old
Thu May 09, 2013, 11:04 AM
(#19)
It's fine to call the raise pre-flop and hope the action isn't reopened behind us for a 3bet. We are trying to play this hand for a ten to ace straight, top two pairs with queens and jacks etc.. as affordable as possible

I would have folded on the flop when the villain check raised, yes they could have been bluffing but the majority of the player pool at 2NL do not have many bluffs in their range especially on this dry of a flop as they are not capable of constructing hand ranges let alone applying hand reading (not all but most), to make things even more convincing we were read less and check raising into two villains EP and MP, 65 67 68 A6 K6 Q6 QQ KK AQ KQ is a pretty wide range of combos that they could "possibly" have. If they had JJ I'd expect them to 3bet>(maybe fold to 4bet if EP villain re-raises, as most EP 4bets are super strong and should be respected, it ultimately comes down to their overall tendencies from previously played hands) a big pair like that pre-flop 1.) for value 2.) to get the initiative in the pot as they will be out of position post flop, so we can discount that holding from their range.

As for us trying to represent a full house with Q6 or QQ, if any of these villains are capable of hand reading they'd know for certain that is not your holding if you are raising this flop+turn. As if you did have the full house..almost by default we'd call the flop aswell the turn and keep all of their range in the hand to get to the river for showdown and have them ship that loot to your side of the table.

Last edited by CannonLee; Thu May 09, 2013 at 11:12 AM..

Old
Can I make a cash deposit? - Thu May 09, 2013, 11:16 AM
(#20)
Will it affect my bankroll builder at all if I make a $20 deposit to take advantage of the limited offer?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com