Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL - QQ facing donkbet 3way

Old
25NL - QQ facing donkbet 3way - Tue May 07, 2013, 06:18 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi guys,

I probably played this one wrong by taking a passive line, but I'm interested to know what's the best play here.

Both villains are basically unknowns, but I had reason to believe BB was a reg as he was playing 3 zoom tables and I had seen him with double stacks on two different occasions.

With just 17 hands on him he was playing 38/31/3. But a PFR/VPIP ratio of 0.8 makes me inclined to say that he is TAG/LAG.

When he donks flop that big into two players and into an UTG opener it makes me believe that he wants to build a big pot/protect his hand and does not want the flop to be checked around.

I think he will do this with made hands: 44,88,TT,JJ,ATs-JTs
Big draws: AhKh-AhJh, QhJh

I decide to call to see what the player behind me will do, and if I got too much heat I was planning on folding.
I did not raise because I think when I do he will fold hands that we beat (TP) and continue with sets and big draws against which we have 43% equity.

The turn does not change anything except that we can safely assume he does not have 44 and I think he will fire again with his made hands and perhaps c/c with his draws. At this point we have 68% equity against his Tx and sets BUT raising will also fold out worse and with his sizing I have no room without being committed. I decided to call one more in hopes that he will check most rivers and I check behind (perhaps too optimistic)

When he bets that river with that sizing, can we be good 30% of the time?

Would you have raised anywhere in the hand and why?
Would you have folded OTT? Call river?

Old
Wed May 08, 2013, 02:20 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hey geo,

as far as flop play goes I would make my line heavily dependant on how I view the two villains in the hand.

If you view villain as a rathr competent player I feel calling > raising on the flop for the arguments you gave. However you also have to consider you are giving the player to act a great price to call and outdraw. In case this guy is a really weak player that may peel wide enough so you dont have to be worried on different turns that might be ok.

With the flop line you took I think that calling is good as a raise would overrepresent your hand and wont get called by worse often.

River is close depending on how you view villain again, but I think calling is fine. You beat most of villain's semibluffing range and I don't see him having too many Kx here. and probably might have 3bet pre and the K also is a great scarecard to bluff in case he busted out.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com