Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Not really a bad bet, but...

Old
Not really a bad bet, but... - Tue May 07, 2013, 07:46 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011
I don't know where else to share this... Just pay attention to what I lay down and what I would have hit...

I'm not upset about this hand at all, but just want to share the near miss. I laughed when the river card was shown. Soooo close! I do believe that if UTG doesn't jam there's a good chance I would have seen the river...

In the end, I cashed in 4th after a pretty bad misstep, but very happy with my play overall...

Old
Tue May 07, 2013, 09:28 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
In the words of Mike Sexton 'Shoulda, Coulda Woulda'

Don't ponder on this one...it's only a royal flush..

You made the correct fold, unless your reads on that particular villain dictate otherwise. UTG ranges tend to be semi- to super strong...and there is a very narrow range that we beat...

20bb stack depth..we could re-raise all in and isolate the UTG villain...but with so many players left behind us to act it's a risky play...

Good luck at the tables.

CannonLee

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue May 07, 2013, 05:22 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonLee View Post
In the words of Mike Sexton 'Shoulda, Coulda Woulda'

Don't ponder on this one...it's only a royal flush..
That's about the only reason I posted this hand . And probably didn't post it in the right forum (not to mention butchering the word 'beat' in the title...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonLee View Post
You made the correct fold, unless your reads on that particular villain dictate otherwise. UTG ranges tend to be semi- to super strong...and there is a very narrow range that we beat...
I was a little bit surprised that he had shoved with Ax, but then he was a bit shorter than I realised and perhaps was thinking that he's about to lose about 1/4 of his stack the next two hands. I don't doubt my decision to fold for a nanosecond.

I played two .25 45-man tournaments yesterday. The first one, I made a complete mess of. I entered this one, the second one, determined to play solid poker. And, for all but one hand 5-handed at the FT, I did just that. I can't be anything but happy about the fold. Just sharing the near miss..

Thanks for the encouragement and all the good work you do on the site. And good luck to you on the tables as well!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com