Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL 6-max Zoom AA

Old
2NL 6-max Zoom AA - Wed May 08, 2013, 03:15 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
I don't have any reads on the on teh players, it's the first time I've seen him on Zoom.
Was this a good fold or should I've shoved here to get paid from AQ ? I don't believe he'd have an 8 very often, I'm only afraid of QQ slowplayed on the Flop.

Any thoughts ?

Old
Thu May 09, 2013, 10:18 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi fp,

I actually think we are losing a lot here. This turn check-raise shows a lot of strength, and his bet sizing gives him away that it's a value play as he's raised large and over half his remaining stack, so there is no fold equity for you to make a move and 3b shove with AK as a semi-bluff.

Is he bad enough to spew AQ like this against your strong range? Maybe. Is it an oddly played KK? Maybe (no 4b pre and no flop raise would be odd). It seems to me that AQ or KK or AcXc will usually be in check-call mode or will get aggressive on the flop, not check/call flop, check-raise turn. That line is often significantly more strength.

There are quite a few hands that beat us, not just QQ. TT for example, would be common for players to call your 3b pre, then check-call this flop to see what happens hoping you have AK. If he opens and defends his raises wide, 8's do come into play... Ad8d, 98s, T8s, 87s for instance. If he open/defends that wide it also puts J9 into his range.

Without any reads we can't really form a clear picture, but given the above I think the bet/fold line you took is fine. I would size the bet larger for value though, as I don't expect AQ to be able to fold at microstakes, so you can get 3 good streets from it check-calling you down.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com