Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | |

Old
Arrow
[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | | - Thu May 09, 2013, 05:45 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
BronzeStar
Hi, I would like to be part of the Bankroll Builder. Thx

Old
Thu May 09, 2013, 06:04 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshTeddy View Post
Hi, I would like to be part of the Bankroll Builder. Thx
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 09, 2013, 12:32 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
ID: FreshTeddy 78 Not Suit Hand Replay - Thu May 09, 2013, 04:39 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar

Hi, just wondering if i play this hand correctly and raised correctly. thx
and I've done all 3 steps.

Old
Thu May 09, 2013, 08:47 PM
(#5)
Hi
Hand Analysis

I noticed that you posted a big blind 50chips in LP just to get dealt in, I'd suggest waiting for the big blind position..as frequently posting will add up over time.

This hand I would have just checked our option instead of raise. We are sitting on a 20bb stack depth and several villains have us covered...min raising will only entice action and inflate the pot while we are holding a marginal hand...with an inflated pot any post flop sizing that is 2/3 to full pot that we either call, bet or raise will make us pot committed with minimal equity to an open ended straight. On the turn I would have checked back to try and peel the open ended straight as this equity is very minimal. On this board texture there are enough Kx and flush combos that the villain could have in their range. Nice pot and double up!

Hope this helps.

Last edited by CannonLee; Thu May 09, 2013 at 08:50 PM..

Old
Thu May 09, 2013, 08:52 PM
(#6)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Old
Step two complete! - Mon May 13, 2013, 09:11 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar

3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?
- To put a lot of pressure on opponents
- To bluff people off decent hands
- To gain value from very strong hands

and I've passed the cash game course. Cheers

Old
Tue May 14, 2013, 10:28 AM
(#8)
Hi,
Hand Analysis

Sitting on a 50bb stack depth when the action folds around to you in the CO (cut off)it's safe to open this hand for a raise and a sizing of 2.5x is okay. You will most likely have position on the villains in the blinds if they elect to call. This hand should be proceeded with caution, our mind set should be a fit or fold approach, meaning "hit a set (three of a kind or flop equity to a straight draw"

Post flop comes all hearts and we have the initiative in the pot being the pre-flop raiser and in position when checked to.

This is a brave play, but we could make our continuation bet sizing about 2/3 pot, if the villain has any range of cards that have a decent heart they will call, the same applies to if they have a range of Kx with no heart..they'll check/call for pot control or raise to get value from a possible heart draw. When the villains calls our flop bet we can be fairly certain they do not have 7x in their range.

The turn is the worst card in the deck for us, I'd just shut down and wait for a better hand to extract value. The river is a standard fold, we have at best a super thin bluff catcher but based on the villains line on this board texture there are more hands that beat us than we are ahead of.

Hope this helps.

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Thu May 23, 2013, 01:34 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Hi,
I have lost the $2 and forgot to record the losing hand I what should i do next?

Old
Thu May 23, 2013, 05:59 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshTeddy View Post
Hi,
I have lost the $2 and forgot to record the losing hand I what should i do next?
Hello,

You will need to post the losing hand for analysis before we are able to credit you with another bonus.

One way you can find the hand is to email support@pokerstars.com and ask them to send you all of your Cash Game only history for the date on which you lost your money.

They will happily send it to you.

Once you post the hand where you lost the money we can continue on from there.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 23, 2013, 06:22 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar

Thank you, I've found the hand history.

Old
Thu May 23, 2013, 11:58 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
heey fresh, im no hand analyzer but i just stumbled uppon this thread. i want to give you one quick tip, if somoene open for more then 4x they ussually have a monster so if somoene opens for 20bb you can already be pretty much certain you are behind. best of luck in building your bankroll

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 23, 2013, 04:48 PM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri May 24, 2013, 06:01 PM
(#14)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi FreshTeddy! I'll take a look at the cash hand where you lost a big pot.

You have ATs in the SB, and there is a HUGE open raise of 40c by the button. While it's possible villain is a maniac that's just shoving his money in with junk, it is a terrible mistake to call a bet of this size with your hand. Since calling is out of the question (you can't call off half your stack and then fold if you miss the flop) you have to push all in or fold, and the latter option is far better. Even if villain is getting his money in with total garbage, ATs will only win about 60% of the time. To get my stack in pre-flop, I want a true monster hand. Basically, I'm only getting my money in with AA, KK or QQ. Sometimes I'll stack off AK, but only if I've seen villain make huge overbets with trash hands.
Here you shove your ATs and villain snap calls with pocket kings. He got his money in as a big favourite. You'll only win this hand 32% of the time. If villain had AA, you'd be in terrible shape.
By going all in pre-flop, you're basically just gambling and hoping to get lucky. That is the last thing you should be doing when you're working with a small bankroll. For long term success at poker, you need to practice discipline and patience. You want to be getting your money in as a favourite, not an underdog.

In future, be more inclined to make a disciplined fold in situations like this. Wait until you have QQ+ before putting your whole stack at risk pre-flop. Also take notes on villains. It will be very useful to know that this guy makes very large open raises with monster hands, so that next time he makes this play, you can safely fold anything worse than KK.

A moderator will sort out your next bonus. Better luck with the next stage of this promo!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat May 25, 2013, 04:17 AM
(#15)
Hi,

Your third Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Please avoid playing 6-Max NLHE, your Bank Roll Builder training is focused primarily on full ring 9-Max NLHE.

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target

2) If you lose your 3rd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.

3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Sat May 25, 2013, 11:58 AM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Hi
Thx, I've earned 10 VPPs.
Cheers

Old
Sun May 26, 2013, 06:29 AM
(#17)
Hi,
The VPPs that where accrued prior to the release of your 2nd bonus doesn't qualify. 10VPPs earned with the 2nd bonus will count, have you done this?

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Last edited by CannonLee; Sun May 26, 2013 at 06:31 AM..

Old
Sun May 26, 2013, 06:05 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Yes, I've earn 10+VVPs on the second bonus.

Old
Sun May 26, 2013, 06:26 PM
(#19)
Congratulations!

As you've earned enough VPP's we have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion, good job!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the >>Hand Analysis<< section.

Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on >>Bankroll Management<< at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

Good luck and good decisions,
CannonLee

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com