Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder promotion

Old
Bankroll Builder promotion - Thu May 09, 2013, 06:21 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
hello!
i want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion

good day

Old
Thu May 09, 2013, 06:23 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vocational View Post
hello!
i want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion

good day
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 09, 2013, 12:01 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi vocational,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankroll Builder promotion - Thu May 09, 2013, 07:29 PM
(#4)
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

top pair all the way.

Last edited by vocational; Thu May 09, 2013 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: post wrong video first

Old
Thu May 09, 2013, 07:52 PM
(#5)
done!

i have completed all 3 steps!

Old
Thu May 09, 2013, 10:56 PM
(#6)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 09, 2013, 11:18 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi vocational!

This promotion is ONLY for FULL RING games. Once you receive your first bonus thru this promotion, playing any table (ring or tourney) other than 2NL FULL RING will make you ineligible for any further bonuses.

With K8o from UTG, I'm going to muck this preflop. It's not a strong enough hand to be playing from this position at the table. If I had AK, then I'd make a standard open raise to 3BB but I wouldn't open any other Kx combination from here.

Standard bet sizes are also a key in NLHE. Preflop, I want to base them on the size of the BB and use 3BB+1BB for each limper (or 3X the previous bet if someone has already raised.
Post flop, I want to base them on the size of the pot and the number of opps in the hand. All of my bets here will be between 1/2 pot and a pot-sized bet.

Players that bet more with better hands and less with marginal hands give a tell to any observant opponents and basically turn their cards face up. By making standard bets, I continually keep the opps guessing as to what cards I have.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 09, 2013, 11:37 PM
(#8)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Please remember to play ONLY full ring (9seats) tables 1/2 cent tables. Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by HokyPokyToo; Fri May 10, 2013 at 01:47 AM..

Old
Fri May 10, 2013, 06:27 AM
(#9)
thanks john!

Old
Bankroll Builder promotion - Question about a hand (or game strategy if you will) - Fri May 10, 2013, 03:12 PM
(#10)

This hand is an example of a common problem of mine: how to deal with a bully that raise every hand? note, what do I do when I caught against him a middle a pair?

Old
3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet - Fri May 10, 2013, 03:26 PM
(#11)
3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet:

1.to put a lot of pressure on opponents
2.to bluff people off decent hands
3.to gain value from very strong hands
4.to protect against strong draws

Old
Fri May 10, 2013, 05:02 PM
(#12)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat May 11, 2013, 12:24 PM
(#13)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by vocational View Post

This hand is an example of a common problem of mine: how to deal with a bully that raise every hand? note, what do I do when I caught against him a middle a pair?
Hi vocational!

is not a strong hand. So folding on the flop as you did is perfect. Firstly, the table bully did not raise preflop, but did lead with a raise on the flop. To me that looks like he actually has a decent hand. If he were just going to bluff, he probably would have done it preflop. You have middle pair which has some showdown value. However, you only have middle pair, not top pair. More importantly, your 6 is a very weak kicker. You will often lose big hands facing an opponent with a K and a better kicker. Secondly, you have not invested any money in this pot aside from the big blind. It is not worth fighting over with a marginal hand. Thirdly, you don't have good position. There are two players left to act who may have a strong hand. You don't want to call or raise only to get reraised by another player forcing you to fold. Avoid unlcear spots like this and wait for a better situation.

In general, there are a few ways to deal with bullys. I wait until I have a strong hand, then I play them agrressively raising and reraising. Some players try to avoid getting in hands with aggressive player and actually change tables to find a more comfortable spot.

NOTE: You are on a full ring table, but 5 of the seats are empty! This ensures that you will have to get involved in more hands than need be with everyone at the table. I strongly recommend that you stick to full ring tables where all the seats are fill! In the Holdem Lobby on Pokerstars, you can adjust the filter to only show tables with 8 players. That way when you join, the table will be full. That's what I do

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Mon May 13, 2013, 04:15 AM
(#14)
done!

i have completed all 3 steps!

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Old
Mon May 13, 2013, 12:00 PM
(#15)
Hi vocational,

Fantastic!

Your next Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving this bonus and you will automatically be credited with the next bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your this bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon May 13, 2013, 04:52 PM
(#16)
hi joss!

First, thank you for the bonus.
you will be "glad" to hear that I managed to lose it already! (before i earned 10 VPPs).
sadly, now i am back in square one, with no bankroll!
anyway, here are some examples of bad decisions i made during the swings i had.
i like to know how to improve my game, and how we can continue from here with the program.

thanks!

Old
Mon May 13, 2013, 04:56 PM
(#17)

Old
Mon May 13, 2013, 04:56 PM
(#18)

Old
Mon May 13, 2013, 04:59 PM
(#19)

Old
Mon May 13, 2013, 05:02 PM
(#20)

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com