Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

How many tourneys to get a chance at the top ?

Old
How many tourneys to get a chance at the top ? - Fri May 10, 2013, 11:19 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
I'm talking about Premier League. I would like to know in how many tourneys TOP 10 players participate ? I would like to know because then I would know if theres a point for me even start playing to qualify to the Premier League.

Thanks

Old
Fri May 10, 2013, 11:38 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
Im sure the open skill league has the easiest players out of any tourney so just get stuck in.

Old
Fri May 10, 2013, 02:15 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hello,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline. Here's a short video about PSO and what it has to offer you. Also check out >>This Page<< for more info.

We're here to help you so please feel free to ask any questions you may have and thank you for being a member of PokerSchoolOnline.

If you can play enough games in the Open Skill League this month to qualify, you will have no problem playing enough next month to reach the top ten in the Premier League.

Good luck
Doug

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri May 10, 2013, 02:28 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ässadpooleks View Post
I'm talking about Premier League. I would like to know in how many tourneys TOP 10 players participate ? I would like to know because then I would know if theres a point for me even start playing to qualify to the Premier League.

Thanks

Go to the Home page here in PSO,find the Leagues section and pull up the Premier League leaderboard. Then add up the times played for the top 10 players and divide 10x for however many months you think will be sufficient to give you a big enough number to feel comfortable in that answer. So if you count 5 months divide by 50...

For example and a short sample I added up the total times played of the top 10 in April and came up with 522. So 522/10 = 52.2. So roughly 52 times,on average,is your answer if we just go by that. I think if you do this for a whole year's worth of top 10 finishers the needle won't move much but you'll have a little more surety in the result.

By the way the outliers for the top 10 in April were a high of 64 played by 1 player and a low of 26 by 2 different players. So quite a gap.

Old
Fri May 10, 2013, 02:29 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi ässadpooleks!

Some players in the league play an astonishing number of tourneys each month. I think they must only get 3 hours sleep and then set an alarm to wake them for each tourney!

There's actually a way to find out exactly how many tourneys someone plays. If you go to the Leaderboard page and change the month to April 2013 (last month) and then click on someone's final score, you can see exactly how many tourneys a player entered, and also their points and position in each one.
By my count, the overally winner in April's OSL played 140 tourneys during the course of the month, but there are many players of a lower rank that played at least 5 games a day.

The Premier League winner played many fewer games (about 55).

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Fri May 10, 2013 at 02:36 PM..

Old
Sat May 11, 2013, 05:07 AM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:

Thanks
It is difficult to get a top twenty spot in the Open Skill League playing less than 100 tournaments in a month. However you can get a top 500 spot, a small prize of $2.50 and qualify for the Premier Skill League (assuming you have 20+VPPs) fairly easily playing half that amount.

Once in the Premier League, volume is not such an issue - you have chance to win or get a high placing it playing an average of 1 or 2 tourneys a day, as long as you play well and run good.

The really big value is in the Premier League, as it is much easier to earn one of the top 500 prizes of $20 or more in the Premier League with a maximum 1499 opponents than one of the $10 or bigger prizes for the top 40 spots in the Open Skill League against huge numbers of opponents in each tourney and in the league standings. So long as you have the VPPs - the Premier League is a much better place to be, and also provides a much better standard of play to hone your skills for regular cash tourneys.

Good luck in the Leagues

Ed from Edinburgh -EdinFreeMan

Old
Cool
Tue Jun 04, 2013, 12:50 PM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
Hello ässadpooleks,
It really just depends on how good a player U R.
If U R really on a streak, it could be done in 10 tournies.
JohnF.A.Cena did it last month in 21.
See the "HOT NOW List" http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...307#post421307 & u will have a better idea as the path to the Top 10 is given for them each month. Generally speaking, it will take 50+ games with 1 or 2 mini-streaks to get the job done.
sleepy

Quote:

Thanks

Last edited by sleepyolman; Tue Jun 04, 2013 at 01:22 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com