Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Building a bankroll

Old
Building a bankroll - Fri May 10, 2013, 11:41 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
Hello,
I want to take part in the bankroll builder promotion.

Old
Fri May 10, 2013, 12:03 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat May 11, 2013, 11:41 AM
(#3)
Hi, nekiCrnac?

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
all in on the flop with top pair top kicker against the maniac :D - Sat May 11, 2013, 01:32 PM
(#4)

The title says it all. He was shipping with 9 3 and 10 7 before the flop few hands prior this one, so i think this was the usual play, and the other guy called very bad and loose and got lucky on the river with trips. I suppose thats how it goes when playing against fishes on playmoney tables

Last edited by nekiCrnac?; Sat May 11, 2013 at 01:44 PM..

Old
Sun May 12, 2013, 08:06 AM
(#5)
I have completed all these steps, what now?

Old
Sun May 12, 2013, 05:45 PM
(#6)
Anything for me?

Old
Sun May 12, 2013, 06:48 PM
(#7)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun May 12, 2013, 07:20 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi nekiCrnac?!

With AQ from UTG, I'll make a standard opening raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper, or 6 chips. However, if the table is being aggressive, I can also easlily open-muck here, as AQ is right at the bottom of the range I'm willing to play.
I then get min-raised and have 4 callers of the 3-bet. I'm going to call here, but be cautious on the flop as I could easily be behind.

I hit top pair on a coordinated board. I'm going to bet when it's checked to me, the key is the sizing of the bet. With 5 opps, I need to make a pot-size bet of 62. I don't want to bet less here so that I don't give any of the opps with a flush or straight draw, the correct odds to call.
I then get another min-raise and two calls of it. I'm going to call here and re-evaluate on the turn. One pair could easily be behind and I don't want to be all-in unless I know I'm ahead. I may be ahead of some opps, but with 3 opps that have called multiple raises, I can easily be behind too.

Against only one opp that would be a maniac, I'd be fine with 3-bet shoving the flop, but with multiple opps, I want more that 1 pair to be all-in.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun May 12, 2013, 07:52 PM
(#9)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon May 13, 2013, 12:43 PM
(#10)

-I just knew i was ahead, let me know what you think about this hand, and would you take different approach.

- 3 reasons why you should make a big bet:

1. To put pressure on your opponent
2. To bluff your opponent off decent hand
3. To protect against strong draws

- I passed the cash game quiz

Cheers

Old
Mon May 13, 2013, 01:13 PM
(#11)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon May 13, 2013, 06:01 PM
(#12)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekiCrnac? View Post

-I just knew i was ahead, let me know what you think about this hand, and would you take different approach.

- 3 reasons why you should make a big bet:

1. To put pressure on your opponent
2. To bluff your opponent off decent hand
3. To protect against strong draws

- I passed the cash game quiz

Cheers
Hi nekiCrnac?

Firstly, never pay the big blind out of turn! The 1bbs will add up quickly. Check the "wait for big blind" button and use the time to start building reads on the opponents.

Opening with is perfect. Calling the 3-bet is marginal without a read. This is the first hand apparently. All I see is a deep stack from the villain which I would take to mean he is decent. You will have postion on him though which is good.

I don't think reraising the flop is optimal. Firstly, you only have middle pair. Secondly, how can you "know you are ahead" when this is the first hand at the table? More importantly, if you actually do think you are ahead, then I would suggest calling. The villain raised preflop. He raised the flop. Give him a chance to fire another bullet on the turn. This will get you more value out of the hand. Reraising is only good if you expect him to call or 3-bet.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Mon May 13, 2013, 06:23 PM
(#13)
Hi nekiCrnac?,

Fantastic!

Your next Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving this bonus and you will automatically be credited with the next bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your this bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon May 13, 2013, 07:48 PM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland GTX View Post
Hi nekiCrnac?

Firstly, never pay the big blind out of turn! The 1bbs will add up quickly. Check the "wait for big blind" button and use the time to start building reads on the opponents.

Opening with is perfect. Calling the 3-bet is marginal without a read. This is the first hand apparently. All I see is a deep stack from the villain which I would take to mean he is decent. You will have postion on him though which is good.

I don't think reraising the flop is optimal. Firstly, you only have middle pair. Secondly, how can you "know you are ahead" when this is the first hand at the table? More importantly, if you actually do think you are ahead, then I would suggest calling. The villain raised preflop. He raised the flop. Give him a chance to fire another bullet on the turn. This will get you more value out of the hand. Reraising is only good if you expect him to call or 3-bet.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Actually, I expressed myself wrong. I didnt think I was ahead on the flop, exactly the opposite. I put him on JJ,QQ, and calling the flop with only pair of tens was not an option in this situation, so I decided to put in a probe raise and represent a pair of kings, which turned out right.

Cheers

Old
Tue May 14, 2013, 05:32 PM
(#15)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Actually, I expressed myself wrong. I didnt think I was ahead on the flop, exactly the opposite. I put him on JJ,QQ, and calling the flop with only pair of tens was not an option in this situation, so I decided to put in a probe raise and represent a pair of kings, which turned out right.

Cheers
Hi again nekiCrnac?

Im thrilled this hand worked out for you. However, let's take a closer look at the situation. This looks like your first hand at the table. So, I am assuming you have no read on the villain. Without a read it is tough to narrow the villain's range. Even with a great read, putting the villain on a narrow range of two hands seems unrealist. We might be able to say JJ+ and AQ+ for example. Why couldnt he have AK, KK AA?

More importantly, let's pretend we saw the villain's cards and he does have JJ. Without a read it is impossible to estimate the chances of him folding to a raise on the flop. Quite a few players would gladly call with a pocket pair here. Many others might 3-bet bluff you. Remember, this is your first hand. You paid the blinds out of turn and are betting aggressively. Many players would think it more likely that you are bluffing than that you actually got dealt a premium hand here.

Bluffing and semi-bluffing has its place, but this is a very high risk spot to be making moves. You are risking a quarter of your stack on the hope that the villain will fold in a spot where we know nothing about the villain except that he 3-bet preflop and liked the flop enough to lead with a bet.

I recommend keeping moves like this to a minimum and only in favorable situations where you have a solid read on the villain. Luck played a major factor in the results of this hand. Try to keep the big pots for your big hands. It will be more profitable for you in the long run

GL!

Roland GTX

Old
Tue May 14, 2013, 08:27 PM
(#16)
Hi Roland, I must reply one more time. In this particular situation i excluded AA, and KK as his possible holdings just because its very unlikely he will hold aces with one in my hand and one on the flop. Pretty much the same with KK. AK could be an option in this situation, but i took my chances, and this is why: If you pay attention on his bet size :
He bet 18 into 33 pot, that is only slightly above half the pot size. Wouldnt you bet something like 3/4- pot size to make me pay hard and punish me for my eventual draws? I would. And in the same time you gain more value for your king if you actually have one. And I would bet at least 27-28 on this draw heavy board. Hmmm.
Smells like a c-bet to me, dont you agree? Not a fan of this play in the long run either, but in this particular situation i just felt it . Cheers

Old
Wed May 15, 2013, 11:27 AM
(#17)
Hello guys.

If i make my first deposit, will I be awarded with my remaining bonuses from this promotion, without having to collect VPP?

Old
Wed May 15, 2013, 08:44 PM
(#18)
Hi nekiCrnac?,

That's right - if you deposit now you will get your final two bonuses. Be aware that it can take up to 72 hours for it to clear.
Good luck at the tables!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun May 19, 2013, 03:31 PM
(#19)
Hi guys,

I made my first deposit 4 days ago and have not received any of my remaining bonuses yet.

Old
Sun May 19, 2013, 03:56 PM
(#20)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi guys,

I made my first deposit 4 days ago and have not received any of my remaining bonuses yet.
Hello,

I will look into why you didn't receive this yet and will post back here when I have more info. Please check back this time tomorrow.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com