Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL 6-max Zoom ATs

Old
2NL 6-max Zoom ATs - Fri May 10, 2013, 11:50 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, should I've folded on the river ? or maybe even the turn ?
I felt that he could have hadns like ,AQ,AK, A6,A7,JT and kept firing since I've showned weakness on the turn by checking.
ANy thoughts on the way I've played this hand ?

Old
Sat May 11, 2013, 08:13 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
I think you should bet the turn. You have two pairs or a wet board, with a number of straight draws and two different flush draws. Villain can have a lot of pair+draw hands that you're ahead of, like AK/AQ as well as combo draws like Q9cc, K9cc. On the turn, you're only losing to sets, Broadway and AJ, but can get value from worse. I'd go into bet-fold mode, because I don't want to check-call the turn and check-guess the river. If you bet the turn and get raised, you can safely fold, because villain is rarely bluffing and nearly always has you beat (AJ+ or Broadway seem most likely).
When you're playing out of position, the bet-fold play is extremely useful, because it means that you only put money in the pot on the flop and turn when you have the worst hand, instead of putting money in with the worst of it on all three streets. At 2NL in particular taking a straightforward approach is +EV, because villains will rarely bluff-raise on the turn or river. In short, you should keep betting when you have a strong hand, but be inclined to fold when villain raises, indicating he has better.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com